Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85
Default A recent poll the GOP will not like:

We all know whether you like him or not Obama is an extremely popular individual both domestically and internationally. Obama gave a speech in Dallas on Tuesday- I arrived 4 hours early and the line was wrapped around the building- However, a new poll showed that most Americans can't name GOP candidates http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-candidates-2/ this is pretty scarier with just 14 months remaining and a lot Americans can't name a GOP candidate and there's been what about 5 or 6 debates??? Not good news for the GOP!!!!
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

14 months is a hell of a long time for anything to happen. The poll is also within the margin of error of the poll done in 2007 to which they make a comparison.

I love how you added the part at the beginning. I don't agree we "all know" he is extremely popular domestically. What is "extremely" popular?

I am giving you the benfit of the doubt that you actually read this article, since you didn't make any of the recent glaring mistakes you did in previous posts, citing facts that were completely contradicted in the link you provided.

I thought you might need to have your sight checked with some of your previous posts.

(no MM, you will never live that one down, just too damn funny)
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

That's the problem. Obama loses big to the generic Republican, but once they name a candidate, they're toast. LOL! Nobody can beat Obama, but Somebody can't!

Stupid Republicans. They are being handed this election on a silver platter, and they will screw it up.

If you want Hope and Change, don't vote for a Republican or a Democrat.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
14 months is a hell of a long time for anything to happen. The poll is also within the margin of error of the poll done in 2007 to which they make a comparison.

I love how you added the part at the beginning. I don't agree we "all know" he is extremely popular domestically. What is "extremely" popular?

I am giving you the benfit of the doubt that you actually read this article, since you didn't make any of the recent glaring mistakes you did in previous posts, citing facts that were completely contradicted in the link you provided.

I thought you might need to have your sight checked with some of your previous posts.

Extremely means he has shown how much he can raise- you pick a venue/stadium/arena or whatever and Obama appears he will sell out that arena/venue in no time- that is what "extremely" popular- and he's the same overseas- actually he's far more popular overseas than domestically.
Honestly, let's take Go Perry of Texas- I assure you had Obama's visit on Tuesday been canceled and instead Gov Perry was to give a speech- I assure you there would not have been a line wrapped around the building 4 hours before his speech- and Perry is the governor of Texas- and keep in mind Texas has for many years been a Red State that nearly always votes Republican. Are you telling me Romney, Perry, or Bachman can raise money like Obama or fill arenas just for speeches?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I thought Hope died a few years ago. He was 100, right?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

By golly, that explains the Gallup poll where: “Forty-four percent of registered voters say they are more likely to vote for "the [generic: ‘unknown’] Republican Party's candidate" and 39% for Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election, according to Gallup's June update.”

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148076/20...ain-close.aspx

As to your other POV, this article doesn’t support your assertion that Obama is popular everywhere.

Obama popularity falls in Arab world

“President Obama, whose standing abroad helped earn him a Nobel Peace Prize in his first year in office, has declined in popularity in the Arab world since his Cairo speech in the summer of 2009. From an American Arab Institute poll . . . “

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/Obama_popularity_falls_in_Arab _world.html
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post

Dude you need to re-read the article- if Perry and Romney are the front runners with 14 months to go and only 28% and 27% could name them that's not good- the article than says the same poll done last election 45% named Gulliani. Now 45% compared to 27 and 28% is quite a bit difference. Don't get mad because the GOP selection is weak and with 14 months ago virtually unknown.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
.................If you want Hope and Change, don't vote for a Republican or a Democrat.
A truer statement could not have been spoken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Extremely means he has shown how much he can raise- you pick a venue/stadium/arena or whatever and Obama appears he will sell out that arena/venue in no time- that is what "extremely" popular- and he's the same overseas- actually he's far more popular overseas than domestically.
Honestly, let's take Go Perry of Texas- I assure you had Obama's visit on Tuesday been canceled and instead Gov Perry was to give a speech- I assure you there would not have been a line wrapped around the building 4 hours before his speech- and Perry is the governor of Texas- and keep in mind Texas has for many years been a Red State that nearly always votes Republican. Are you telling me Romney, Perry, or Bachman can raise money like Obama or fill arenas just for speeches?
According to the latest Gallop Poll, no he is not extremely popular. In fact, I would say at a whopping 41% approval rating he is unpopular. In fact the only other one term president since Eisenhower, if you look at the attached article, was CARTER. And Carter was at 32% just nine lil ‘ole points behind Obama.

No, no – I don’t think Obama is popular. But I hope the GOP doesn’t mess it up.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149966/Obama-September-Approval-Rating-Remains-Term-Low.aspx
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
By golly, that explains the Gallup poll where: “Forty-four percent of registered voters say they are more likely to vote for "the [generic: ‘unknown’] Republican Party's candidate" and 39% for Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election, according to Gallup's June update.”

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148076/20...ain-close.aspx

But this article doesn’t support your assertion that Obama is popular everywhere.

Obama popularity falls in Arab world

“President Obama, whose standing abroad helped earn him a Nobel Peace Prize in his first year in office, has declined in popularity in the Arab world since his Cairo speech in the summer of 2009. From an American Arab Institute poll . . . “

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/Obama_popularity_falls_in_Arab _world.html
And I guess that's why things are so bad but Obama has a lead over any of those GOP candidates in hypothetical one on one match ups- sucks being the GOP doesn't it? Lets see the economy is bad- but people will still vote for Obama and he wins in the majority of the hypothetical one on one match ups- It's 14 months away the GOP has had about 5 televised debates and only 27 to 28% of those polled could name the two front runners:Perry and Romney LMFAO.
Obama comes to Dallas- last Tuesday- a city in a prominent Republican state and I arrive 4 hours early to attend and the line is literally wrapped around the building and let me add- there were every ethnic group present: Whites, Blacks- Hispanics- young and old to hear him-I even had 3 of my employees literally begging to let them have off to see him- you think they would have asked off to see Romney or Perry?- yet you want to think that the GOP is just fine and will beat him solidly? Keep dreaming- add in the fact that Christie won't be running and Palin has fooled all you Tea party once again- I am loving this lol!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
A truer statement could not have been spoken!

According to the latest Gallop Poll, no he is not extremely popular. In fact, I would say at a whopping 41% approval rating he is unpopular. In fact the only other one term president since Eisenhower, if you look at the attached article, was CARTER. And Carter was at 32% just nine lil ‘ole points behind Obama.

No, no – I don’t think Obama is popular. But I hope the GOP doesn’t mess it up.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149966/Obama-September-Approval-Rating-Remains-Term-Low.aspx
Dude you are getting his job approval rate with his overall popularity mixed. Majority of Americans like him and believe he has good intentions and good will but don't believe he's doing a good enough job. Show me polls were they say he's unlikable? George Bush wasn't likable- people gave him bad job performance and didn't like him- mainly due to Iraq war- however, show me polls where Americans say they despise him??? Do you deny that he can fill venues- regardless of their size and sell them out-hmmm hard to do that if you are unpopular isn't it?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

President Bush is coming to Wichita sometime soon. I don't know where, and I don't care. I scored Brian Setzer tickets and I'm thrilled!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
And I guess that's why things are so bad but Obama has a lead over any of those GOP candidates in hypothetical one on one match ups- sucks being the GOP doesn't it? Lets see the economy is bad- but people will still vote for Obama and he wins in the majority of the hypothetical one on one match ups- It's 14 months away the GOP has had about 5 televised debates and only 27 to 28% of those polled could name the two front runners:Perry and Romney LMFAO.
Obama comes to Dallas- last Tuesday- a city in a prominent Republican state and I arrive 4 hours early to attend and the line is literally wrapped around the building and let me add- there were every ethnic group present: Whites, Blacks- Hispanics- young and old to hear him-I even had 3 of my employees literally begging to let them have off to see him- you think they would have asked off to see Romney or Perry?- yet you want to think that the GOP is just fine and will beat him solidly? Keep dreaming- add in the fact that Christie won't be running and Palin has fooled all you Tea party once again- I am loving this lol!
+1000 LOL!

everybody hates wallstreet & Romney IS Bain Capital! Barrack will rip him apart!

I only fear u picking Cain, but fortunately, no chance of that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy542UgSelQ
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Dude you are getting his job approval rate with his overall popularity mixed. Majority of Americans like him and believe he has good intentions and good will but don't believe he's doing a good enough job. Show me polls were they say he's unlikable? George Bush wasn't likable- people gave him bad job performance and didn't like him- mainly due to Iraq war- however, show me polls where Americans say they despise him??? Do you deny that he can fill venues- regardless of their size and sell them out-hmmm hard to do that if you are unpopular isn't it?
& he only got relected because he swiftboated Kerry! LOL!
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Boltfan

So you have two responses coming:

First, on your comparison of being "extremely popular" to ability to raise funds for a race. Tell me, when is the last time Obama the rock star sold out an arena? While I know the 2008 acceptance speech was at Mile High in Denver did he actually sell tickets for that event as a fundraiser? Before posting I read a few articles and none mentioned the event was a fundraiser. I have attended two political conventions, one republican (San Diego) and one democrat (Los Angeles) and neither required donations to the party as part of then attendance requirement. And your comparison of fund raising to being extremely popular isn't likely a good comparison, because even TTH has acknowledged Perry's machine is good at raising funds, and we all know how much TTH hates Perry.

Now if we look at polls to determine whether or not he is extremely popular, that doesn't bode well either. He isn't quite doing well there with a 40%=/- approval rating.

So yes, your "opinion" that you like Obama does not translate to him being extremely popular domestically based on that information.

And 2nd:

I read the article quite well, did you? Quick, without re-reading, what was the margin of error? 41% did not know a candidate in 2007, 47% do not know a candidate in 2011. While we don't know the stats of the 2007 poll given the margin of error on this one those numbers are statistically identical, hence my point on the matter. And of course Rudy Guliani was more well known back then, but did he win the nomination? You proved my point for me. He was the most well known candidate in 2007 (according to the poll) and yet he did not win the nomination. BTW, how was Obama doing in 2007 for democrat nomination?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationw...ial_candidates

They provide links to most of the polls directly so it makes for easy reading. September / October / November, hell if we went by the Polls Hillary Clinton wins in a landslide.

Like I said, 14 months is a hell of a long time for something to happen.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
Boltfan

Did you just "dude" Olivia?

Which is it, is extremely popular "likable" or is it his ability to raise funds? Does "extremely" get labeled if he is just over 50% in the likeable catagory? He is struggling in almost every poll, but we like him? Hell, does it matter if we like him?

Quote:

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women