Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > The Sandbox-Mississippi
The Sandbox-Mississippi The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 06-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Default Mississippi’s flag

The SEC said they won’t have major events in Mississippi until they change their flag, that’s cool with me... where in the hell would they have it?
Steel Wheels is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

I grew up in Columbus, I don’t think that stadium can handle it
Old 06-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
Greenstars
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

Major events include regional and super regionals. In baseball alone this has an economic impact in the millions.

It's time to change the flag
Greenstars is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
Greenstars
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

And not because of the loss of revenue from sporting events but because it's the right thing to do
Greenstars is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #5
BassCat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstars View Post
And not because of the loss of revenue from sporting events but because it's the right thing to do
I think it should be voted on. Just like the last few times. Let the people deiced. I dont think anyone should force us to change anything. Fuck caving in to pressure from outside even if it is a racist symbol let us choose to change it and not be forced to. I know I would feel much better about it if its changed because Mississippians voted to change it.
BassCat is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #6
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Erasing history is what it is! Whats the goal or end point?

The Southern flags have nothing to do with prejudice! Thats what the new agenda has pushed!
I love America and salute the American flag! But i only kneel to the Southern battle flag!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:52 PM   #7
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

Well said, gentlemen ...
Old 06-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #8
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

I wonder what will happen to historical sites like Vicksburg and Gettysburg ...
Old 06-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #9
Mandingo_
Premium Access

Encounters: 40

Redesigning the state flag is NOT at all erasing history. The history that surrounds the confederate battle flag cannot and should not be “erased”. The flag itself represents a military force which fought for an extinct nation which supported an evil institution which profited from the enslavement of others. It was the banner for the Jim Crow south (hence its additon to the state flag) and still the banner for the klan and other groups that espouse hateful ideologies (front and center for klan marches in Biloxi not to mention Charlottesville, Branson, and Lansing Michigan of all places recently). Mississipians are black, white, asian, hispanic, and so on. The MS state flag does not represent ALL Mississippians in its current guise. It DOES represent a hateful bygone era we’re still struggling to shrug off. Time brings change whether welcome or not and its time for Mississippi to reflect the good change in itself. The south’s rich history need not be represented by a flag that represents a treasonous, extinct nation which clung to slavery and spilled its own blood to keep it. As for the state flag I think a blue field with a large magnolia in the center would be classy and simple (maybe a scroll with the founding date below it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Erasing history is what it is! Whats the goal or end point?

The Southern flags have nothing to do with prejudice! Thats what the new agenda has pushed!
I love America and salute the American flag! But i only kneel to the Southern battle flag!
Mandingo_ is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:46 PM   #10
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

The casualties in the American Civil War was the largest in our history ...
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 PM   #11
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

618,222 Americans died
Old 06-26-2020, 09:58 PM   #12
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

The last time I saw, a vote is won by the majority of voters...
Old 06-26-2020, 10:09 PM   #13
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo_ View Post
Redesigning the state flag is NOT at all erasing history. The history that surrounds the confederate battle flag cannot and should not be “erased”. The flag itself represents a military force which fought for an extinct nation which supported an evil institution which profited from the enslavement of others. It was the banner for the Jim Crow south (hence its additon to the state flag) and still the banner for the klan and other groups that espouse hateful ideologies (front and center for klan marches in Biloxi not to mention Charlottesville, Branson, and Lansing Michigan of all places recently). Mississipians are black, white, asian, hispanic, and so on. The MS state flag does not represent ALL Mississippians in its current guise. It DOES represent a hateful bygone era we’re still struggling to shrug off. Time brings change whether welcome or not and its time for Mississippi to reflect the good change in itself. The south’s rich history need not be represented by a flag that represents a treasonous, extinct nation which clung to slavery and spilled its own blood to keep it. As for the state flag I think a blue field with a large magnolia in the center would be classy and simple (maybe a scroll with the founding date below it).
Im sorry you believe your post. The southern flags have nothing to do with race! Please read the newspapers of the 1850's thru the civil war era and educate yourself on the truth! The civil war was never about slavery! Both north and south had them. It was about the over reach of govt. elitism and states rights. Sound familiar? Were still having the same problems today!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #14
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

You are absolutely correct, WD, the American Civil War was fought over the issue of state’s rights... Interestingly, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James Polk, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Jackson and Ulysses S. Grant were all slave owners... I guess we just have to demolish Washington D.C.
Most recently, the protesters were trying to tear down a statue of Abraham Lincoln... whatever... he was a Republican, ironically
Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #15
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

The fledgling USA had just overthrown a king less than 100 years before, they were and we still are trying to find our way ... IMO

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women