Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47426
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1
Default What violates your personal constitution?

As things develop in Haiti, the nature of certain people is shown....People looting, stealing food from the orphanages......how far would you go and why? At what point do you stop? As shown on CNN only the strong are surviving, Food and such are being taken from the weak and the elderly.....Again, how far would you go and why?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default How one is raised is a huge predictor

[QUOTE=sofiaofhouston;56468]As things develop in Haiti, the nature of certain people is shown....People looting, stealing food from the orphanages......QUOTE]''Economic Gangsters: Corruption, Violence, and the Poverty of Nations'' , devotes a chapter to that very thing. The old and young get pushed out of the way first.

http://www.amazon.com/Economic-Gangs...ce-Poverty/dp/
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

I don't think anyone could reall answer this question until he/she was in such a situation. It's too easy to be virtuous from far away.
npita is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

Default Link didn't connect

please try again WTF. I would like to see it.

[quote=WTF;56515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
As things develop in Haiti, the nature of certain people is shown....People looting, stealing food from the orphanages......QUOTE]''Economic Gangsters: Corruption, Violence, and the Poverty of Nations'' , devotes a chapter to that very thing. The old and young get pushed out of the way first.

http://www.amazon.com/Economic-Gangs...ce-Poverty/dp/
Old 01-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

http://books.google.com/books?id=AFd...age&q=&f=false

Read chapter five and six. Six if you want to see how tribes resort to killing the elderly in hard times.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by npita View Post
I don't think anyone could reall answer this question until he/she was in such a situation. It's too easy to be virtuous from far away.
right on. also we dont get the full perspective from the media, just what they show us or what they want to show us. I am sure there are many cases of good acts happening, but the media will report first and foremost the bad that is happening. but, I am sure right now its hell on earth for those there so nevertheless I hope the best for them and will keep contributing financially when I can.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

It is "too easy to be virtuous from far away". At what point does our/your society start breaking the rules WE have been taught as right or wrong? I do not doubt that they would be broken, the only question is when?.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #8
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
It is "too easy to be virtuous from far away". At what point does our/your society start breaking the rules WE have been taught as right or wrong? I do not doubt that they would be broken, the only question is when?.
[At the risk of being flamed by all of our NOLA friends here]

Can I suggest the behavior of many Americans/residents of New Orleans in the wake of Katrina was not "virtuous?" The point being, it isn't fair to say, "oh well that is a different country far away with a different value system that doesn't know right from wrong." It happens right here in the good ole USofA, too. Katrina is just one well publicized, blatant example.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

If it is a matter of survival, I believe we are capable of anything.

I've visited several concentration camps through out Germany along with a mild study of the Holocaust. When you see what people will do just to have one more breath it almost seems barbaric. It's within our nature to survive. Hopefully, we will never have to experience that situation.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Over the holidays my friend lost her wallet with over a thousand dollars in it.I was amazed that the wallet was returned to her with all of the cash still there.The man who found it was a cashier at a grocery store.I was so impressed with this person I kept telling my friend to send him a Thank you card, and put a couple of hundred in the envelope, but I do not think she ever did it.

I often wonder if I were in his position, working a low paying job, and found that type of money would I return it.I would like to think that I would, but if I was really hurting for money at that moment I can not say for certain that I would not have kept the cash.

In some ways I think what my friend did by not offering some sort of reward was far worse than if he had just kept the money in the first place.It is so easy to be honest, and generous when you already have money.It is much tougher when you are struggling to get by.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
Ezmerelda
Account Disabled

User ID: 2664
My ECCIE Reviews

Hmmm. I do not necessarily believe a person will kill another merely to survive. Read the Night Trilogy by Elie Weisel. Sure it is fiction, but the moral is good.

Again, "it is easy to be virtous from far away"

Nicole, You would enjoy the Night Trilogy. This book comes in parts as well, but the read is not fulfilled unless You read in order and completely.
Ezmerelda is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
Egrbvr
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Isn't survival of the fittest the way it's always been? It is just usually not put in our faces on CNN.
Egrbvr is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrbvr View Post
Isn't survival of the fittest the way it's always been? It is just usually not put in our faces on CNN.
True dat!

Like I mentioned to Sophia, read Chapter 6 og the book linked below if you want to see how it comes down to survival baby.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
True dat!

Like I mentioned to Sophia, read Chapter 6 og the book linked below if you want to see how it comes down to survival baby.

fu king links
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
Nicolette Morgandy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1985
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
[At the risk of being flamed by all of our NOLA friends here]

Can I suggest the behavior of many Americans/residents of New Orleans in the wake of Katrina was not "virtuous?" The point being, it isn't fair to say, "oh well that is a different country far away with a different value system that doesn't know right from wrong." It happens right here in the good ole USofA, too. Katrina is just one well publicized, blatant example.
Bloodclot. Pardon my french. You hit the nail right on the head, ATL. Shit's hitting the fan. <---We need a emoticon for that Admin.
Nicolette Morgandy is offline   Quote