Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #16
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

You are not as funny or as smart as you think atlcomedy.
Be nice or leave.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I guess you are the mod here, huh Marcus?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

double post
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post

but seriously I'm not writing you an essay as an initial contact....get over yourself Summerhill...
An essay is not required, but alway appreciated.

I wouldn't discount a man that is short and to the point, however, I get very excited when I have a detailed letter that comments on things I've said on the boards and/or on my website. It make me feel like he really is "into me" which is a terrific feeling.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #20
terbul
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
You are not as funny or as smart as you think atlcomedy.
Be nice or leave.
Nin and WTF far behind?
terbul is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm not a mod. I'll get over myself N/P.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
I'm not suggesting, "How 3pm Saturday behind the bowling alley on Main? I'll be in the green Econoline Van with the engine running...hop in.."

but seriously I'm not writing you an essay as an initial contact....get over yourself Summerhill...
I am taking a wild guess that you weren't planning on contacting her anyway lol
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #23
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
I'm not suggesting, "How 3pm Saturday behind the bowling alley on Main? I'll be in the green Econoline Van with the engine running...hop in.."

I'm not sure what you're upset about. She's just saying that she appreciates the gesture. Whether or not you make that gesture is up to you.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #24
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
I'm not sure what you're upset about. She's just saying that she appreciates the gesture. Whether or not you make that gesture is up to you.
I'm not upset about anything....simply saying I disagree with the original premise of the thread....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
terbul
Account Disabled

Quote:
I'm not upset about anything....simply saying I disagree with the original premise of the thread....
which, in your world, would be ???
terbul is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #26
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:

Snappy somewhat?

Who said anything about essay? I did mention above:

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange.

I didn't say it's a requirement, I said it's nice to open your inbox and see a welcoming letter.

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him. When you feel like you're starting off as equals, not paid entertainment, it gives me the impression I'm walking away with at least one orgasm myself - obviously pleasing the lady and making her comfortable is something he aspires to. It's nice to look forward to your first date.

I've had great dates with people who didn't go to that kind of effort initially. However, I've nearly always had a blast with the men who did.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. Personal preference: I like things to feel natural. I think a kind letter from a man makes being a companion a generally more positive experience. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
Eliza
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3362

It's all about mental stimulation. A man who has a way with words or a genuine, warm tone is ten steps ahead from the beginning. While this may be all business, a cold, detached introduction that doesn't hint at the person behind the screen isn't very captivating or memorable.
Eliza is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #28
Eliza
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post

There is indeed a fine balance between a good letter and letter that is far too long and informative for a first exchange.

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. It's nice when things feel natural. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle.
Very well said.

I'm fairly sure the reason many of the companions on this board only do longer dates (and one of my reasons as well) is because they genuinely want to get to know their clients and create a connection. A personable introduction is the perfect start. I remember once having a meet-and-greet with a potential new gentleman. He was at all times polite and respectful, but also very aloof and cool. He had a very business-like approach and - despite my efforts - made it impossible for any chemistry to be sparked. That's a dealbreaker for me when I'm screening a potential client. While I'm not so shabby at acting, the one thing I cannot fake is a connection.
Eliza is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post

Frankly, all I'm saying is that I find it quite nice when someone goes to the effort of approaching me like they would any other first date they were making off of a dating website. It makes me feel comfortable that I'm going to be treated with kindness and dignity before I've even met him.

It's just a nice way to start with a man I'm eventually going to bed. It's nice when things feel natural. I'm not asking that they prove to me they're a star poodle.
I think some of us are picking up what you're putting down. Initially, I bristled at your post because it flew in the face of everything I'd heard and seemed to imply that those of us who keep it short and sweet are somehow less respectful. (It also struck a nerve because I've been guilty of the tactless "You busy?" PMs... )

But when I re-read it, I found myself agreeing. After all, we hobbyists love to go on and on about your websites and your posts and your board persona and how the impression you make is sooooo important, why wouldn't the reverse be true as well?

You made me check myself and that doesn't happen often. (I'm damn near perfect...)
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #30
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
It's all about mental stimulation. A man who has a way with words or a genuine, warm tone is ten steps ahead from the beginning. While this may be all business, a cold, detached introduction that doesn't hint at the person behind the screen isn't very captivating or memorable.
Good point.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote