Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
What we have is 50+ million people who are uninsured. The republican plan for health insurance for those who do not have any - Just don't get sick or marry someone from Canada.
And just how many of the supposed 50+ Million who are "uninsured".. CHOSE not to get insurance? You know the young 20-somethings that don't feel the need to pay thousands a year for a policy they don't feel they need? And of course, the DEMOCRAT plan for health care is to HOLD A GUN in the IRS' hand to their heads and DEMAND that they start buying an insurance plan they don't want, hmm flghtr? If you love it so much, why don't you move to Canada to get that government mandated insurance?
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
txoilngas
Gaining Momentum

This has become a nation of givers and takers. It will not stand.
txoilngas is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #18
thisguy23
Valued Poster

Here is link for you.
Don't drink the kool aid even Harry Reid admits its a plan that won't last and its just a step to single payer

.http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013...eventual-sing/

thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #19
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg505 View Post
And just how many of the supposed 50+ Million who are "uninsured".. CHOSE not to get insurance? You know the young 20-somethings that don't feel the need to pay thousands a year for a policy they don't feel they need? And of course, the DEMOCRAT plan for health care is to HOLD A GUN in the IRS' hand to their heads and DEMAND that they start buying an insurance plan they don't want, hmm flghtr? If you love it so much, why don't you move to Canada to get that government mandated insurance?
The government insurance exchange rates have already been posted for Calif. The price of a policy for a 25 year old male making $25,000 is $80 per month which is $960 for the year. What are you talking about Thousands? Just make up any number you want? This is not about me. I am insured. I get my health insurance from my employer. If I did not have any health insurance, I would go to the government insurance exchange on Oct 1st and sign up.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
The senator from Wyoming that was in the video had no plan. They have been talking about letting insurance companies compete across state lines for years. It has not happened. What we have is 50+ million people who are uninsured. The republican plan for health insurance for those who do not have any - Just don't get sick or marry someone from Canada.
I doubt seriously if the Republican plan is for people to not get sick or Marry someone in Canada. Besides the jist of the video is the problems Obamacare may have on those that are already insured. You're worried about numbers, 50 Million Americans without Health Insurance, who the fuck cares. If 50 Million Americans didn't have cars are you willing to pay a ridiculous tax so they can get free public transportation?

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #21
thisguy23
Valued Poster

Quote:
The government insurance exchange rates have already been posted for Calif. The price of a policy for a 25 year old male making $25,000 is $80 per month which is $960 for the year. What are you talking about Thousands? Just make up any number you want? This is not about me. I am insured. I get my health insurance from my employer. If I did not have any health insurance, I would go to the government insurance exchange on Oct 1st and sign up.
Just to give me something to think about, if you know, what is the price for the same male who is 27?
At 25 they can still be on there parents plan.
thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #22
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I doubt seriously if the Republican plan is for people to not get sick or Marry someone in Canada. Besides the jist of the video is the problems Obamacare may have on those that are already insured. You're worried about numbers, 50 Million Americans without Health Insurance, who the fuck cares. If 50 Million Americans didn't have cars are you willing to pay a ridiculous tax so they can get free public transportation?

Jim
Congress cared that is why they passed the Affordable Care Act bill. The committee that got the bill into the floor of congress was made up of democrats and republicans. Remember Republican Senator Olympia Snow of Vermont? Her vote was the deciding vote to get the bill out of committee. Public transportation is affordable for poor people, it does not need to be free. A portion of our tax dollar is going toward public transportation. Mitt Romney cared about uninsured people that is why he passed Romneycare for the state of Mass. (which has the same mandate that Obamacare has) you are required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine or as Chief Justice Roberts calls it a TAX. We all need health insurance, not just some of us. I don't know of anyone who never gets sick.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #23
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Congress cared that is why they passed the Affordable Care Act bill. The committee that got the bill into the floor of congress was made up of democrats and republicans. Remember Republican Senator Olympia Snow of Vermont? Her vote was the deciding vote to get the bill out of committee.

The vote in the Senate Finance Committee was 14-9. The Democrats had a 13-10 majority in this committee. So your statement that Senator Snow's vote was the deciding vote to get the bill out of committee is false.

No Republicans voted for the bill in either the House or Senate when it was brought up for a vote on the floor of either house.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...s-snowe-reform
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #24
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Congress cared that is why they passed the Affordable Care Act bill. The committee that got the bill into the floor of congress was made up of democrats and republicans. Remember Republican Senator Olympia Snow of Vermont? Her vote was the deciding vote to get the bill out of committee. Public transportation is affordable for poor people, it does not need to be free. A portion of our tax dollar is going toward public transportation. Mitt Romney cared about uninsured people that is why he passed Romneycare for the state of Mass. (which has the same mandate that Obamacare has) you are required to purchase health insurance or pay a fine or as Chief Justice Roberts calls it a TAX. We all need health insurance, not just some of us. I don't know of anyone who never gets sick.
I agree we all should have health care ins. I don't know all there is to know about Obamacare but I hear a lot of talk that those that are currently insured may see a significant spike in their current coverage. Its going to affect a lot of things that don't even pertain to Healthcare. Such as a 3.5% tax on the sale of a house. In other words the profit on the sale of a house will be taxed 3.5% right off the top. It's supposedly stated in the Healthcare Bill. There is something fishy about the whole dam thing. It's pretty obvious to me Obamacare isn't entirely about insuring the uninsured, it's about something else. That something else, which I am unable to specifically define will show up one day and it won't be pretty. Guaranteed.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #25
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
The vote in the Senate Finance Committee was 14-9. The Democrats had a 13-10 majority in this committee. So your statement that Senator Snow's vote was the deciding vote to get the bill out of committee is false.

No Republicans voted for the bill in either the House or Senate when it was brought up for a vote on the floor of either house.

NiceGuy53, I have not heard from you in quite a while. You been on vacation? OK, Olympia Snow was not the deciding vote. However, she did vote to get the bill out of committee and onto the floor. This was key because it would have never become law if it did not get out of committee. There was some bipartisanship displayed. Senator Joe Liberman of CT voted for the bill on the Senate Floor and he was an independent. From your link comments from Senator Snow.

Most Republicans were opposed to the reform bill, expressing concern about the estimated $829bn (£520bn) cost. Charles Grassley, one of the most senior Republicans on the committee, described the bill as a "march leftward".
The most anticipated vote was that of Olympia Snowe, a Republican from Maine, and the only member of her party on the committee who voted for the bill.
Snowe had previously hinted at her support when she said: "Is this bill all that I would want? Far from it. But when history calls, history calls and I happen to think that the consequences of inaction dictate the urgency of Congress to demonstrate its capacity to solve the monumental issues of our time."
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
NiceGuy53, I have not heard from you in quite a while. You been on vacation? OK, Olympia Snow was not the deciding vote. However, she did vote to get the bill out of committee and onto the floor. This was key because it would have never become law if it did not get out of committee. There was some bipartisanship displayed. Senator Joe Liberman of CT voted for the bill on the Senate Floor and he was an independent.

How was her vote "key" to getting the bill out of committee when the Democrats already had the votes to get the bill out of the committee? Your changing your wording from "deciding" to "key" is silly.

Senators and Congressmen occasionally vote to move bills out of committees and then vote against the bill on the floor of their respective house. Also Senators sometimes vote to end the filibuster in the Senate (cloture) but then vote against that bill when it comes to the floor of the Senate. The bill that comes out of a committee is not always the same exact bill that is voted on, on the floor. Amendments can be added to a bill which would change the language of a bill which in turn could cause a Senator or Congressman to change their mind about how to vote.

And there were several back room deals that were made to get certain key Democratic Senators to vote for Obamacare. Remember the "cornhusker kickback" and the "Louisiana purchase"?

The fact remains not one single Republican, including Senator Snow, voted for "Obamacare" on the floor of the House or Senate. So you can not say that this was a bipartisan bill. FYI, Senator Liberman caucused with the Democrats in the Senate.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Maybe obamacare can cure obama derangement syndrome. ..
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #28
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
From what I am seeing online the rates for low income people are not bad. For anyone making a reasonable income ($30,000 + which is not a lot) the cost is high and the benefits mediocre. A lot of the co-pays are high. $45 to see a doctor. They could have probably got the cost of doctor visits down to close to that just by doing things like tort reform and increasing competition on price between doctors. That would have made the insurance cost for simply things a waste.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #29
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
From what I am seeing online the rates for low income people are not bad. For anyone making a reasonable income ($30,000 + which is not a lot) the cost is high and the benefits mediocre. A lot of the co-pays are high. $45 to see a doctor. They could have probably got the cost of doctor visits down to close to that just by doing things like tort reform and increasing competition on price between doctors. That would have made the insurance cost for simply things a waste.
A family of 4 that makes between $20,000 and $80,000 will get a subsidy to help pay their premium. The amount of the subsidy depends on where you fall in this range. The closer you are to $80,000 the smaller the subsidy will be. Having some health insurance coverage is better than having no health insurance at all. Right now we have 50 million citizens who don't have health insurance.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #30
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post

That may be true, I thought there was one republican congressman from Louisiana that voted for Obamcare and the republican party asked for their campaign contributions to be returned. I can't remember the guys name. This is a fact though, Mitt's number one campaign promise was that if he were elected president, he would repeal Obamacare his FIRST DAY IN OFFICE. Well Mitt lost by 5 million votes. The people spoke loud and clear. Wolf Blitzer of CNN called the election at 8:30PM CST.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women