Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
UNDER THE RADAR
BANNED

Encounters: 1
Default "" SHES LOW VOLUME "" ???

I have often seen providers with higher rates justifying their price structure as to reason that a client should not mind the higher fee because she is {LOW VOLUME} and only sees one or two clients a day or 3-4 a week etc.

Is the low volume reasoning really on target (Think about it)???

3-4/week X 4.3 weeks/month = 18 sessions a month x 12 = 216 sessions a year.

Now I grant you probably 20% or say 40 or even 60 sessions are repeats, that still leaves 150-180 different clients over the coarse of a year. Lets say you are talking about a provider that is in her late 20's and has been providing since college say 20 years old, that means at this point she has probably seen between 3000 and 3600 different clients over the history of her service, now answer when you call her and she uses the low volume reason does it make sense??
UNDER THE RADAR is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9942
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, it does make sense. Nobody claims that being low volume makes for no risk. Is the money worth the lower risk to you? If not, then maybe it doesn't matter to you personally. For me, the idea of seeing a lady who sees ten clients a day would not be appealing for more reasons than increased risk.
Also, some of the ladies have other jobs, families, or may even be going to school. If a lady only has time for 4 appointments a week, then she is going to raise her rates because her time is more valuable.
China Doll is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

Or try re-doing your calculations using 3-4 a day as opposed to a week and see what the final numbers are. That 3000 to 3600 figure you came up with will be low volume compared to what that answer would be.
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
UNDER THE RADAR
BANNED

Many years ago Madonna was in a movie called "Truth or Dare" and the idea behind the movie was that X slept with Y, and Y slept with Z, Z was bi-sexual and he slept with anybody so forth and so on until you had connected network all over town where basically everybody directly or indirectly had slept with each other.

Now for the most part everybody has a checkered past of some sort, some worst than others, but now matter how low volume the chance that a provider has come in contact with a client that is high risk is pretty good. For example, when SARS broke out in China several years ago over 50% of the people who died were healthcare workers treating the infected. Last year when H1-N1 broke out how many providers stopped seeing clients based on a unknown health risk, many people here who engage in the hobby provider or client have probably lived at some time a wild sex life many are swingers, bi-sexual, gay etc. There are viral strains of TB specific to sexually transmitted viruses, and guess what you can catch TB just by someones cough forget about the condom.The point being Low Volume means nothing with respect to the overall risk especially if a provider has had sex with 2000 clients over 5-7 years. The incubation period for HIV is 5 years, so feel as safe as you want Low Volume is no gaurantee.
UNDER THE RADAR is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER THE RADAR View Post
.....that means at this point she has probably seen between 3000 and 3600 different clients over the history of her service, now answer when you call her and she uses the low volume reason does it make sense??
I'm sure it goes without saying, but "low volume" is a relative term. Compare 3000 or 3600 to 6000 or 7200, and yeah, i'd say it qualifies as low volume. That even assumes your numbers are practical. An assumption i'm not fully sold on.

China makes a good point about ladies having other things going on outside of their lives as providers. Though i don't necessarily buy into her suggestion that higher rates come with less availability. I'm no MBA candidate, but i'm guessing higher rates come with the ability to still generate business at those rates, no matter how many people she might see. With that however, I would guess a provider is likely to see fewer people because she can get away with charging higher rates, rather than the other way around. Just a guess.

I do believe that "low volume" has probably become an over used marketing term to a certain extent. Much like "lite" or "low fat". There's a difference between "low fat" or "lite" and "healthy", which is what those terms are intended to suggest. Much like "low volume" doesn't really mean much if A)the girl isn't low volume or B)the girl is low volume because she's not very good at what she does and can't generate business.

A somewhat side note about personal preference. I'd much rather see a girl who did this only as a sideline, as opposed to someone who was fully reliant on the business. If for no other reason, the notion of "exclusivity" is a pretty powerful marketing aspect in it's own right.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
Iceman
Valued Poster

"Low volume" is a subjective term. It's also possible that she is just saying that, and how would you know any different?
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

So are ya'll worried about the elasticity of the "low volume" providers' vajayjay? Why does the economics of the hobby baffle so many?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Originally posted by UNDER THE RADAR:
"The point being Low Volume means nothing with respect to the overall risk especially if a provider has had sex with 2000 clients over 5-7 years. The incubation period for HIV is 5 years, so feel as safe as you want Low Volume is no gaurantee. "

Right, it is no guarantee, but am I correct that you are actually saying that once you reach a certain number of partners, the risk tops out and can't go any higher? Do you really think that there is no difference in risk between someone who sees 4 clients a week and 4 clients a day?

Doove, whether or not you "buy into" my suggestion that some ladies operate that way, it is true. Is it a rule? Well, no, but it has applied to me before. Nothing is a rule, really. Ladies operate differently. If the economy changed and I had to drop my rate by 100 per hour, I would not increase my appointments to make up the difference. My comfort level is more important to me than money.
For the ladies who are more reliant on the hobby, this may not be the case. You also make a good point about "low volume" not necessarily meaning anything. I have found that the definition of low volume varies greatly from person to person as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Isn't it amazing how no one talks about "low volume" hobbyists?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I always thought low volume was 2 or 3 clients a week. I only see a max of 2 clients a day sooo, I am low volume.

Wow! I'm jacking my prices up by $100 right now!
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
China Doll
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Ha ha, Charlestudor...I almost did! I was going to say that I would prefer low volume hobbyists, but I chose not to because it might look like it was related to competition instead of risk management.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll View Post
If the economy changed and I had to drop my rate by 100 per hour, I would not increase my appointments to make up the difference.
I must not have been as clear as i'd hoped as it wasn't my intent to suggest you would. If you had to drop your rate, we should assume so did everyone else. Which wouldn't change the dynamic involved regarding girls who are able to charge more being able to see fewer clients if they so choose.

Separate from that, I was trying to suggest that it would be a very rare situation where a girl who could charge $200 an hour full time would be able to charge $300 an hour because she's only part time and looks to book fewer appointments. Which goes to your point about girls who are too busy to be full timers charging more because their time is more valuable. A girl who can get $300 an hour will charge $300 an hour whether she wants to see 3 clients a week, or 15. So my overall point is that a girl is more likely to see fewer clients if she can charge $300 an hour, rather than charge more because she desires to see fewer clients.

Which, as i read it, isn't any more clear than my first go, but there ya have it. I tried.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
ratboy jam
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke Wild View Post
I always thought low volume was 2 or 3 clients a week. I only see a max of 2 clients a day sooo, I am low volume.

Wow! I'm jacking my prices up by $100 right now!
ratboy jam is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

I didn't know that there were anything other than low volume providers?? If you don't believe me, post a thread asking for one to identify herself as high volume!

Low volume is a meaningless term and one that every girl who can plausibly use it will attach to herself.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #15
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy jam View Post

Not Nice! I'm rasing my RBJ rate by $200 an hour and I'm going to ask Holly to do the same!
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women