Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #31
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I believe they did that as a courtesy for a valued customer so you were aware they were noting, but I don't believe it is a requirement to tell you, particularly as it relates to suspicious activity, but don't hold me to this...these laws have changed a great deal recently.
I checked and you are correct.
guest031513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #32
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

I bought a car long distance years ago. Flew into town and gave a cashiers/bank check to the dealership. Signed off and away we go back home.

A few days later the twits at the dealership said they reported the check (in excess of $30k) because it was over $10k. Huh? I am buying a car from you dopes. The funds are being transferred. Lost on them.

Fun car though.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #33
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I love all these opinions of the law, like they know what the law is. The $10K is when it “Must” be reported. The form has the following language.

“If you receive $10,000 or less in cash, you may voluntarily file Form 8300 if the transaction appears to be suspicious. A transaction is suspicious if it appears that a person is trying to cause you not to file Form 8300, or is trying to cause you to file a false or incomplete Form 8300, or if there is a sign of possible illegal activity.”

And banks do this routinely. The banks are not required to opine as to the illegal activity…just that the transaction felt worthy of reporting. Likewise, there are exceptions to filing on each and every cash transaction greater than $10K, when it is in the normal course of business. But someone walking in to a branch and depositing $5K every week is most likely going to be reported at some point. Maybe not every transaction, but they will be reported. Reporting…for the most part…means nothing. It simply means that it might be “suspicious”. And if at some time in the future, someone at the IRS, or another agency looks into the individual?...the cash reported on those reports will be queried.

Someone above advised to keep good records and pay your taxes. That is VERY good advice.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #34
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I love all these opinions of the law, like they know what the law is. The $10K is when it “Must” be reported. The form has the following language.

“If you receive $10,000 or less in cash, you may voluntarily file Form 8300 if the transaction appears to be suspicious. A transaction is suspicious if it appears that a person is trying to cause you not to file Form 8300, or is trying to cause you to file a false or incomplete Form 8300, or if there is a sign of possible illegal activity.”

And banks do this routinely. The banks are not required to opine as to the illegal activity…just that the transaction felt worthy of reporting. Likewise, there are exceptions to filing on each and every cash transaction greater than $10K, when it is in the normal course of business. But someone walking in to a branch and depositing $5K every week is most likely going to be reported at some point. Maybe not every transaction, but they will be reported. Reporting…for the most part…means nothing. It simply means that it might be “suspicious”. And if at some time in the future, someone at the IRS, or another agency looks into the individual?...the cash reported on those reports will be queried.

Someone above advised to keep good records and pay your taxes. That is VERY good advice.
Sounds like you just googled it. You actually didn't say anything that had not already been said. I know for a fact what I am talking about because I have plenty of experience in this department and I called 2 of my bankers to verify my info.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #35
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Just keep telling yourself that sonny.

I've talked to a few golfers too. Doesn't mean I know how to play worth a Sh*t.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #36
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

My guess is what RK said was correct. The problem as I see it is this.

If you do not already know this info and you are dabbling in this world on either end....ignorance truely is bliss.

Quote:
LOL... I'd be one of the better golfers on the planet if it involved talking!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #37
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

If you do not already know this info and you are dabbling in this world on either end....ignorance truely is bliss.
You are in rare form today. I think you summed it but best earlier, something to the extent of :

Quote:
If you are trying to fuc the IRS & have to ask how....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Just keep telling yourself that sonny.

Since I have had a lengthy dealing of large amounts of money and much cash which I personally see to all of it and check on the details myself as I trust no one especially with cash I would say I must have been right and my bankers which have a great amount of experience know exactly what they are doing. I have never had any issues or anything unexpected happen. Enjoy your google answers and quotes.

Just FYI, withdraws over 10k also require the same paperwork and so do cashiers checks over 3k.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #39
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
Since I have had a lengthy dealing of large amounts of money and much cash which I personally see to all of it and check on the details myself as I trust no one especially with cash I would say I must have been right and my bankers which have a great amount of experience know exactly what they are doing. I have never had any issues or anything unexpected happen. Enjoy your google answers and quotes.

Just FYI, withdraws over 10k also require the same paperwork and so do cashiers checks over 3k.
can we get back to pussy, fellas?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #40
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

LOL... I'd be one of the better golfers on the planet if it involved talking!

He actually is correct, he just repeated what I said with a quote he found online. He really only stated 2 things, over 10k does get reported and under 10k can get reported if the teller/banker finds it suspicious but that is at their discretion. Obviously if a known business deposits over 10k cash every day they will not fill out the paperwork on them.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #41
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
Enjoy your google answers and quotes.
It is times like this where it is so hard for me to keep my mouth shut.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #42
guest031513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Either way, I know exactly what I was talking about but this is my last post in this thread. Was just trying to share but I guess it isn't my job to care what happens to anyone that doesn't know what they are doing. If you aren't sure then don't do it. The feds are no joke and the IRS wants money only, if you can't pay what they want then you are screwed. Make sure you hire a good attorney to negotiate your fees with the IRS, you will save more on the fees than what you spend on the attorney.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #43
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Word!
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Word!
Double word!
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #45
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't think I have received a double word on one of my smart ass comments.
Ansley is offline   Quote