Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452899
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47484
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35262
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2021, 11:28 PM   #31
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Wanker View Post
I'm surprised that the hydrogen powered vehicles aren't more popular.
Japan the US and a couple other countries do have working prototype hydrogen fuel cell vehicles which will replace EVs in the future. Its just they have a low priority now. Pres Carter wanted this done back in the 80s because scientists said it COULD BE DONE! However big money interested did all they could to stop it and their obstruction succeeded. Fuel cells are ideal because plain water from your garden hose is the fuel.

EVs can be charged faster with a 220 volt charger installed in your home or garage. Germany is working on a 770 volt charge system capable of doing a full recharge in ~15 minutes.
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:55 PM   #32
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollner View Post
Japan the US and a couple other countries do have working prototype hydrogen fuel cell vehicles which will replace EVs in the future. Its just they have a low priority now. Pres Carter wanted this done back in the 80s because scientists said it COULD BE DONE! However big money interested did all they could to stop it and their obstruction succeeded. Fuel cells are ideal because plain water from your garden hose is the fuel.

EVs can be charged faster with a 220 volt charger installed in your home or garage. Germany is working on a 770 volt charge system capable of doing a full recharge in ~15 minutes.
You. know how it is though. Once all of the desiging,.factories, and resources go into building battery EV's and chargers, the industry will be reluctant to move to HFC. Bidets are much better than toilet paper. It took a pandemic driven toilet paper shortage to increase popularity, and they're still only in a very small percentage of US homes. Progress is very slowwwww.
Willie Wanker is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:03 AM   #33
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
You. know how it is though. Once all of the desiging,.factories, and resources go into building battery EV's and chargers, the industry will be reluctant to move to HFC. Bidets are much better than toilet paper. It took a pandemic driven toilet paper shortage to increase popularity, and they're still only in a very small percentage of US homes. Progress is very slowwwww.
Not so.
Detroit has been crunching the numbers and is moving to EVs for pure economic and big cost savings:

Automakers are going green to save money, not just the planet.

There's good reason for that radical change: EVs are not only key to complying with tougher environmental regulations, but they are also far cheaper to manufacture.
Electric vehicles come with several inherent cost advantages — with no internal combustion engine, they have far fewer moving parts, they require far less labor to assemble and require less maintenance for the EV owner, no more oil changes.
Ford estimates that an EV will take 30% fewer hours of labor to assemble than a traditional gasoline-powered car.
And the propulsion systems of EVs are much simpler to share across different models than the engines and transmissions that power gasoline vehicles, further increasing efficiency and reducing costs.

NIO is a prime example here. NIO is far more advanced than a Tesla and costs ~50% less than Tesla.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:43 AM   #34
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

I see your point, but look how long it took to get here.
The reviewers I've seen on youtube who have driven NIO and Tesla have said that the NIO has potential, but the Tesla drove better. One of the reviewers I trust because his reviews are always fair, and he doesn't have a horse in the race. He was one of the first to test the NIO in the US. I'll link it if I can find it again.
I would have love to test drive a NIO myself for a fair comparison. Everyone has their own opinions and reasons when purchasing a vehicle. For me,. it's probably 75% looks, performance and comfort,. and 25% sensible practical.
So far the Mach-E Performance is my first pick. I really like the body style and interior and the $7500 tax credit appeals to the practical, sensible side.
However I can be swayed if Tesla incorporates their new structural battery packs along with their new 4860 cell batteries into the Model-Y. It's a game changer for runtime, weight reduction and space. Too bad it doesn't help the vanilla exterior style and underwhelming interior.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:51 AM   #35
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
That would require an all-electric fleet, powered off the electrical grid, as with most
California workers will need a law get paid by work if can't get to work because of rolling blackouts
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #36
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
California workers will need a law get paid by work if can't get to work because of rolling blackouts
They're gonna need to extract a helluva lot lithium, metal and oil to build those windmills, batteries, solar panels and circuit boards.
I hope the forecast is sunny and windy.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:24 AM   #37
Allnitemarc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 52

I'm just trying to picture all the multistory apartment buildings with extension cords out the windows so tenants can recharge overnight.
Allnitemarc is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #38
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allnitemarc View Post
I'm just trying to picture all the multistory apartment buildings with extension cords out the windows so tenants can recharge overnight.
😂
Old 02-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #39
Nubom70
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Hydrogen cars currently cost around 80 bucks to fill up, average range of 312-380 miles,
driving under the speed limit. Yes, Hydrogen engines are "viable". No, it's not practical.

Electric cars still have issues, and the cells degrade like any battery (effectively losing run time), and aren't
something you can "fix". You have to replace the sealed cellpack. Cold weather kills the run time, as much
as 41% in standard electric car cells, average charge time is two hours, and there's a total lack of useable
infrastructure, higher upfront cost, and minimal "electric-mechanics" that can even service one.

We had a customer with a problem with the Tesla X SUV, had to send it to INDIANA to get it serviced.

The life expectancy of an electric car is based off 12,000 miles a year. That's it.

People may have thought of it in 1980, but 41 years later we're still not in a great spot.
Nubom70 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #40
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubom70 View Post
Hydrogen cars currently cost around 80 bucks to fill up, average range of 312-380 miles,
driving under the speed limit. Yes, Hydrogen engines are "viable". No, it's not practical.

Electric cars still have issues, and the cells degrade like any battery (effectively losing run time), and aren't
something you can "fix". You have to replace the sealed cellpack. Cold weather kills the run time, as much
as 41% in standard electric car cells, average charge time is two hours, and there's a total lack of useable
infrastructure, higher upfront cost, and minimal "electric-mechanics" that can even service one.

We had a customer with a problem with the Tesla X SUV, had to send it to INDIANA to get it serviced.

The life expectancy of an electric car is based off 12,000 miles a year. That's it.

People may have thought of it in 1980, but 41 years later we're still not in a great spot.
All good points. Pros and cons for sure.
The Tesla Model-Y has a heat pump that's supposed to help preserve the battery in cold weather. You turn it on remotely for a short time before driving to pre-warm the batteries.

The Ford Mach-e has 8-year/100,000 warranty that includes the batteries. I've never kept a car longer than six years. The battery technology is always improving, replacements will be more advanced
I rarely drive long distances, so I'm probably a good candidate for an EV. If Not, I can alway sell it.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #41
ben dover
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

gonna keep my Caddy, 2.3 MPG!

My ride.jpg
ben dover is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:48 PM   #42
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
The Ford Mach-e has 8-year/100,000 warranty that includes the batteries. I've never kept a car longer than six years. The battery technology is always improving, replacements will be more advanced.
Kia EVs have a 10 yr warranty on vehicle and battery.
Yes batteries are only getting better so no need to worry on that.
Besides with attractive lease deals I have no need to keep a vehicle longer than 3 years and it is always under full warranty.

Chevy last month was leasing the Bolt for <$200/mo! Prices are already dropping.
Hummer EV is coming out in a couple months and is already SOLD OUT for the 2021 production run!!!
Old 02-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #43
Willie Wanker
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollner View Post
Kia EVs have a 10 yr warranty on vehicle and battery.
Yes batteries are only getting better so no need to worry on that.
Besides with attractive lease deals I have no need to keep a vehicle longer than 3 years and it is always under full warranty.

Chevy last month was leasing the Bolt for <$200/mo! Prices are already droppingummer EV is coming out in a couple months and is already SOLD OUT for the 2021 production run!!!

That's a low payment on the Bolt. I wasn't very impressed with the Bolt on the test drive. I'm surprised Mazda hasn't gotten on board yet. They make great cars, but no EV until 2022.

The Nissan Ariya looks interesting.
http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/a...mum%20of%20226
Old 02-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #44
Guest072323
Valued Poster

Encounters: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf0082 View Post

Who cares if $4 a gallon gas will create 200,000 jobs that pay 6 figures, as long as I can commute back n forth to Wally world for $2 a day I'm happy in my microeconomic world.
Well, Biden promised no new taxes on the poor.... and we all know that inflated gas prices are a tax on the poor....
But that's just the Dems and Biden breaking campaign promises and... helping those with over 6 figure incomes.

Thanks for playing
Guest072323 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:41 PM   #45
Zollner
BANNED

Quote:
That's a low payment on the Bolt. I wasn't very impressed with the Bolt on the test drive. I'm surprised Mazda hasn't gotten on board yet. They make great cars, but no EV until 2022.

The Nissan Ariya looks interesting.
http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/a...mum%20of%20226
GM actually got into the EV game about 25 years ago with their EV1.

Cadillac LYRIQ is what they have come up with and was previewed a bit in Sunday's Superbowl.

LYRIQ is impressive! Looks better than Tesla and NIO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9va7H1k3tA

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women