Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160975
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453025
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47738
pyramider46370
bambino40442
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25
Default Hotel Bidding....

Ok so I have been wanting to get a nice room at a nice hotel. I have never once booked a room at a hotel so I have no idea what is involved or required. I hear about ladies finding rooms at 4 or 5 star hotels for as little as 50 for a night.

If it's 25 for 2 hours at a notel then 25 more you can get a really nice room for a night at a nice hotel, well that seems like a no brainer lol.

Can you ladies or guys share some advice on what sites are good for this and the process involved. I've heard of priceline and hotwire, are there other sites or are those the best? Also what is the process? Can you book same days?

Just looking for suggestions and advice
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Go to priceline place a bid in the area you want ..... sit back and wait
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Carrie Hillcrest
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 167
My ECCIE Reviews

Priceline and Hotwire are my favorites. Hotwire I find usually has better deals, but with Priceline you know the hotel you're getting, so you pay a little more. However, if you do the "name your price" bidding thing Priceline has, you can sometimes get an even better deal than Hotwire, though with that you also don't know which hotel you're going to end up with (outside of its star ranking/area).

At least, that's the way things were the last time I used both. Things may have changed since then.

Consult http://www.betterbidding.com before bidding. If you read through the posts on there, you can usually figure out which hotel is which through amenities/location/star rating, and it will give you an idea of what bids might be accepted so you don't waste time bidding too low or spend too much bidding too high.
Carrie Hillcrest is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I use hotwire & priceline.....consult with the betterbidding site for tips

I check hotwire first then try to bid lower on priceline

good luck!
DallasRain is online now   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews

I tried Hotwire, but the amenties were often the same for all of the hotels I was looking at, so it was difficult to tell for sure which was which. I finally got tired of trying to figure it out and went back to Priceline.

With Priceline "name your bid," I can usually get a 4-star hotel around the Galleria for a pretty decent price. Including the $14 - $19 the Priceline adds on to what the hotel gets, about 40% of my winning bids have been under $60; 35% $60 - $70; and 25% over $70. I could probably reduce it a little bit with a lower star rating, but there's not much lower it can go.

A few general tips:

1) You bid on the amount that the hotel will get. The price that is charged to your credit card is higher, as it includes the Priceline cut. Beware.

2) If your initial bid is rejected, you can't simply resubmit a bid with the same parameters but increasing the amount. (Sometimes Priceline will offer you an option to do that, but it often requires you to up your bid by $15 or so.) You have to change something else besides price. So it can be helpful, before going into "name your bid," to look through the regular Priceline options. You can get a list of hotels within a particular star rating by sub-area. Find one of the sub-areas that doesn't have a hotel for that star rating. Example, first time I bid for a 4-star hotel at $40 in Galleria area. That's rejected. Next, I bid for a 4-star hotel at $45 in either the Galleria area or "Dallas Northwest" (around 635/35 intersection). That bid is accepted, because I changed one of the parameters -- adding a different sub-area. But since Priceline lists no 4-star hotels in "Dallas Northwest," I'm really still only searching in the Galleria area. (Although once, I had to add a third sub-area, and wound up far from where I intended to be.) Obviously, this doesn't work as well for lower star ratings. But you can still rebid if you're more flexible about the location. Just add one sub-area at a time to allow multiple rounds of bidding.

3) For 4-star hotels around the Galleria, there are just a few that I always seem to wind up at, and they seem in run in streaks -- four or five times straight at Hotel X, then three or four times straight at Hotel Y, etc. Presumably they're changing their minds about how low they're willing to accept.

4) I have bid a couple of days in advance, one day in advance, and the same day. It may affect what rate the hotel is willing to offer, or even whether there are any "extra" rooms at that hotel; not sure. In any event, you don't have to do it in advance.

But read the bidding guides; they have all sorts of suggestions.

Good luck.
Chevalier is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
whitechocolate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 92

Very useful information.
whitechocolate is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
guest060112-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 79688
My ECCIE Reviews

Nifty! I've been using priceline more, so I'm voraciously reading that link. Thanks!
guest060112-3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
ramblin guy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Hotwire is my favorite, especially for areas that I frequent. After a few times you can pretty much determine which hotels you are looking at because of the star ratings and prices being fairly consistent in the areas you like. Hotwire also is a partner of Hotels.com and by referring to their star ratings and regions it's not too difficult to figure out which hotels you are considering. If you purchase "packages" on Hotwire you can see the hotels. Still, I've only once had a bad experience with a Hotwire hotel and when I called Hotwire from that hotel they immediately got me into a different hotel in the same area at the same rate, so I appreciate their customer service. After you had been with them for a while they will do just about anything for you, regardless of the "rules".
ramblin guy is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
lilred_robin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 89202
My ECCIE Reviews

Not for everyone, but I know there are a LOT of military guys here...

http://www.afvclub.com/

Amazing rates!
Available for active and retired service members and family
lilred_robin is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews

Not sure about your area, but start with 3.5 stars or better on priceline in an area of town you are interested in. If you don't get your first bid, you must change something about your reservation. Either star rating, $15 higher, different area, different night.
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Priceline is my pick.

Plus, William Shatner is just WAY too cool when he's "negotiating" for you.

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
MsPrittiKitti
Account Disabled

User ID: 13184
My ECCIE Reviews

lots of helpful info here!!
MsPrittiKitti is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #13
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Sorry we will do better.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #14
Guest120615-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Try http://www.biddingtraveler.com
It's newbie friendly for priceline bidding.
Guest120615-3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #15
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Priceline has really been good to me.
R.M. is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women