Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452899
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47483
pyramider46370
bambino40298
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35252
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2017, 10:52 PM   #166
Roy Wally
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

It is estimated that one-in-three Americans own guns or have a family member that does. 99.999% of them are responsible, law-abiding citizens that posess guns for protection or sport. Is it fair to punish the entire population of gun owners with further restrictions based on the actions of scant few? And why do deaths as a result of shootings stand out more than others?
In 1995, Timothy McVeigh instantly murdered 168 people and injured over 600 with a rental truck packed with fertilizer and diesel fuel. No gun was used here.
In 2001, Airline highjackers in New York using box cutter knives commandeered four aircraft and killed almost 3,000 people in one day.

Some additional statistics on death in America:
In 2016, over 40,000 people were killed in automobile crashes in the US.
Ban or further restrict automobiles? Drivers? Cars that go fast?
10,250 of those deaths were alcohol-related.
So back to Prohibition? Beer and wine, or just liquor?
In 2015, over 630,000 people died from Heart Disease in the US, and that's only one year's worth.
McDonalds ban? Whataburger restrictions? Cinnabon at the mall?
Gun-control advocates, where is your rage over these deaths?
Don't they fill coffins just the same?
Roy Wally is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #167
suiram77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wally View Post
It is estimated that one-in-three Americans own guns or have a family member that does. 99.999% of them are responsible, law-abiding citizens that posess guns for protection or sport. Is it fair to punish the entire population of gun owners with further restrictions based on the actions of scant few? And why do deaths as a result of shootings stand out more than others?
In 1995, Timothy McVeigh instantly murdered 168 people and injured over 600 with a rental truck packed with fertilizer and diesel fuel. No gun was used here.
In 2001, Airline highjackers in New York using box cutter knives commandeered four aircraft and killed almost 3,000 people in one day.

In 2015, over 630,000 people died from Heart Disease in the US, and that's only one year's worth.
Lmao that was great, let’s see what the gun control thumpers have to say about this. As far as I’m concerned, you won with your post Roy, and this thread is over lol.
suiram77 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #168
old_hippie
Gaining Momentum

Quote:

Well, then let's regulate guns and gun owners the same way we regulate cars and drivers. Which means all guns need to be registered annually, gun owners are required to be licensed and all gun owners are required to have liability insurance.

There are many more regulations that we have for cars and drivers that we can apply to guns and gun owners. If you are willing to do that then I'm all for it.

And you analogy to deaths from heart disease is a false analogy. If you eat junk food all day you are harming yourself. Guns are made specifically to harm others.
old_hippie is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 AM   #169
suiram77
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hippie View Post
Well, then let's regulate guns and gun owners the same way we regulate cars and drivers. Which means all guns need to be registered annually, gun owners are required to be licensed and all gun owners are required to have liability insurance.

There are many more regulations that we have for cars and drivers that we can apply to guns and gun owners. If you are willing to do that then I'm all for it.

And you analogy to deaths from heart disease is a false analogy. If you eat junk food all day you are harming yourself. Guns are made specifically to harm others.
So Hippie are you saying then you don’t give a shit about all the ppl that kill them self, rather it’s from a gun or food or any other measure? Just curious because your last paragraph sounds like you are saying that you don’t care about the death toll that’s from self afflicted. You only just concern about the deaths that was handed out to others.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #170
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Red light camera ref: We have the right to face your accuser ( bill of rights violation with camera )
How many people do we come across while driving ( to a appointment) that you think they shouldn't be driving ?
Point is more government regulations will not stop bad people from doing bad things , maybe we should be asking why people feel the need to do the crazy things.
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #171
2short@desky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:

I thought they already passed in NYC a max size on soft drinks in a paper or styrofoam container. The left goes through convulsive antics to prove just how right they are....all propagandized to make all sooo safe. They're verbiage and actions follow the Rules for Radicals handbook to the T. Attack on several fronts and constantly change faces. Pick a target, complain, overreact, discredit, and make an issue where there is not one. Gather support by inoculating the stupid with these ideas and push for these ideas to become law. School prayer anyone? Gay birthday cakes? Religious intolerance of abortion and contraception? Unfair taxation? Fair Share? Unisex restrooms? Statues? Flag respect? Free speech? Gun control? Antifa? BLM? The worst is the war on women... but here it shows their true colors. HRC destruction of Billy Boy's girls, Anthony Weiner, Roman Polanski, Mike Tyson, several rappers, and now Weinstein....most of the violators are leftists.

When the big picture is observed, it's quite easy to speculate where this could end.
2short@desky is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #172
old_hippie
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiram77 View Post
So Hippie are you saying then you don’t give a shit about all the ppl that kill them self, rather it’s from a gun or food or any other measure? Just curious because your last paragraph sounds like you are saying that you don’t care about the death toll that’s from self afflicted. You only just concern about the deaths that was handed out to others.
That is not at all what I'm saying. Forgive me if I stated that clumsily. I was just saying that comparing deaths caused by guns to deaths caused by eating too many cheeseburgers is a bad analogy. You won't die immediately from eating a cheeseburger but you will if you get shot in the head.

I'm surprised that you would even ask me if I gave a shit since I'm the one arguing that we should at least try to do something. So, yes, I do care. Do you? If you do, then what do you propose we do about it?
Old 10-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #173
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

If more gun control works why is that not reflected in the FBI statistics? Why do CA,MD and DC all have higher gun homicide rates than gun friendly TX?
goodolboy is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #174
old_hippie
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Red light camera ref: We have the right to face your accuser ( bill of rights violation with camera )
How many people do we come across while driving ( to a appointment) that you think they shouldn't be driving ?
Point is more government regulations will not stop bad people from doing bad things , maybe we should be asking why people feel the need to do the crazy things.

Ah, the Confrontation Clause. That falls under the 6th Amendment of the Constitution, not the Bill of Rights.

In any case, I wish I could agree with you because I hate these cameras more than you do. But unfortunately the courts have consistently ruled that the camera is neither the accuser nor the witness. The accuser would be the law enforcement agency that issued the citation. The witness would be the company that installed and maintains the camera who would testify to the authenticity and accuracy of the video or photograph. A similar situation would be if a burglar broke into a place of business after hours and committed theft. And the act was captured on security cameras. The same thing would apply there.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement about asking and finding out why people feel the need to do the crazy things. That is a great point. That should be part of the holistic approach I talked about earlier.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #175
darkwader
darkwader

Encounters: 5

Quote:

since 1975-2015 we've had 3024 deaths on our soil due to foreign terrorism. going by your logic, why should we spend even a dime on trying to avert something that's so statistically insignificant? choking on food claimed 12 times more victims than foreign terrorists did. please do point me to patriots taking on the fried chicken mafia to address this national choking epidemic.

darkwader is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #176
old_hippie
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboy View Post
If more gun control works why is that not reflected in the FBI statistics? Why do CA,MD and DC all have higher gun homicide rates than gun friendly TX?

Can you point me to where you got this data?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #177
goodolboy
Looking for my ATF

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Can you point me to where you got this data?

You have to do the math to convert the data to homicide rate per 100K. All you need is the 2010 census population for the state you want to convert. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-20

Or it is already done for you in this article toward the end in a graph by state. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no...rticle/2573353.
goodolboy is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #178
suiram77
Valued Poster

Quote:
That is not at all what I'm saying. Forgive me if I stated that clumsily. I was just saying that comparing deaths caused by guns to deaths caused by eating too many cheeseburgers is a bad analogy. You won't die immediately from eating a cheeseburger but you will if you get shot in the head.

I'm surprised that you would even ask me if I gave a shit since I'm the one arguing that we should at least try to do something. So, yes, I do care. Do you? If you do, then what do you propose we do about it?
Ok cool, no it just came off like that to me Hippie, so I was just curious to know. Although I get your main point about dying from food vs from a gun, there has been a few incidents where a person was shot in the head and live. The super star rapper 50 cent was shot 9 times and one bullet was in the head and loook at him now. As far as the majority, then yes you are right, you want die immediately from eating a cheeseburger, but 98 percent of the time you will if you get shot in the head.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #179
old_hippie
Gaining Momentum

I just want to a a tidbit of information I discovered about red light cameras that contradicted something I said earlier. I thought that the cost of installing these cameras would limit its use. But it's actually a revenue generator! Those sneaky bastards! Another reason why I hate them.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #180
Tx Noob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Ah, the Confrontation Clause. That falls under the 6th Amendment of the Constitution, not the Bill of Rights.
Just want to let you know that the Bill of Rights are comprised of the first ten amendments of the Constitution; therefore the 6th amendment is definitely part of the Bill of Rights.
Tx Noob is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women