Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47763
pyramider46370
bambino40445
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default The Buffett Rule/Student Loans/And the Deceitfulness of Obama

the minimum tax rate of 30% on people with 1 million dollars or more of income which obama says is so crucial to his idea of fairness
would raise less money than his pandering to keeping student loan interest artificially low would cost

what is it with this dour, duplicitious, scheming, arrogant, inexperienced slight of a politician?

he carries envy in his mouth, trickery in his heart, venom toward americanism in his gut and lack of coherency in his brain.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I always thought the buffett rule was to not take more than you can eat
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default did i misspell his name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I always thought the buffett rule was to not take more than you can eat
ive referred to all you can eat buffets as "all you can stomach" places for they're not usually very good
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
ive referred to all you can eat buffets as "all you can stomach" places for they're not usually very good
I'm half surprised the libs don't use the play on words to illustrate their notion that "at some point you've made enough money". As in don't take more than you need, pay your fair share, etc, etc.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

hard to imagine the world would end if Bush tax cuts were to sunset

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/22958.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not a 3% tax increase, I'll go bankrupt, screams the millionaire !!

Taxpayers with income of more than $1 million for 2011 would still receive on average a tax cut of about $6,300 compared with what they would have paid under rates in effect until 2001, according to the analysis, which was prepared by the Joint Committee on Taxation at the request of the Democratic majority on the House Ways and Means Committee.

That compares, however, with the roughly $100,000 average tax cut that households with more than $1 million in income would receive under current rates.
Filers with taxable income of $500,000 to $1 million would still get on average a tax cut of $6,700 compared with pre-2001 rates, according to the data from the tax analysts. But that compares with roughly $17,500 if the top Bush tax rates were maintained.

If the president gets his way, in 2011 the top two income tax rates — now 33 percent and 35 percent — would revert to the levels before the Bush administration, 36 percent and 39.6 percent, respectively. But the four lower rates would remain 10 percent, 15 percent, 25 percent and 28 percent. For some taxpayers earning up to $250,000, the top marginal rate would remain 33 percent.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Cavalier attitude with other's money and labor...........

Do you understand that in many businesses (especially small business) a 3% hit to the bottom line can have adverse consequence in capital investment, hiring, and such.....and in many a 3% decline in profitabilty can be catastrophic. Especially in this shaky Obama economy.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Why is there such a focus on raising the top tax rate when it is clear that that alone has a minimal impact. When is Obama going to actually propse things that will make a difference. If he actually passed things that would address this massive overspending he might get people to agree on this increase in the top tax rate.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

[quote=CJ7;2452469....If the president gets his way, in 2011 the top two income tax rates — now 33 percent and 35 percent — would revert to the levels before the Bush administration, 36 percent and 39.6 percent, respectively. But the four lower rates would remain 10 percent, 15 percent, 25 percent and 28 percent. For some taxpayers earning up to $250,000, the top marginal rate would remain 33 percent.[/quote]

And what will Obama and the Democrats do with the revenue?

They won't pay down debt. They will piss it away on more federal spending. And we know what an inept administrator Obama has been with what he has already spent.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Why is there such a focus on raising the top tax rate when it is clear that that alone has a minimal impact. When is Obama going to actually propse things that will make a difference. If he actually passed things that would address this massive overspending he might get people to agree on this increase in the top tax rate.

he might?

funny thing, the republicans are on record signing the PLEDGE to never raise taxes ... not that Im for tax increases, but to simply cut spending wont help the economy. It will take both.

the right bitches about the economy and refuses to do what it would take to help fix it.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If the Republicans had any brains, they would support the sunset of the Bush tax cuts. The overall effect will be nil, and it would take away an issue the Democrats can demagogue to death. I say, increase the taxes, watch nothing happen, and then try to do something that might work.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I have been asking them what "enough" is for about a week or so and the silence is deafening except for the babble of misdirection they attempt.
Like I said, their exalted leader the dog eater has said that at some point you made enough and I just want to know what that is so I can stop. I mean no sense in making more than enough just to have the government take it all away.
What happens if I have made enough but the people that work for me have not or the people working for me have made enough and I have not, I am in a quandary here. Do I let them all go to find another job so they can continue to make enough and I hire some that have not made enough if I can find them. this enough is all so difficult especially not knowing what enough is.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
If the Republicans had any brains, they would support the sunset of the Bush tax cuts. The overall effect will be nil, and it would take away an issue the Democrats can demagogue to death. I say, increase the taxes, watch nothing happen, and then try to do something that might work.

nil my Texas ass ... you need to get out more
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
All the Bush tax cuts or just on those in the top tax bracket? I would agree but only as part of a package that included spending cuts. I do mean cuts not just reductions in increases.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Cj7, I said let them expire and see what happens. I don't think it will make any difference. If it does, I will give you props. But it won't make any difference.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women