Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #76
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Well if you believe you are the higher power then believing in yourself is actually believing in a higher power.

If you believe that your actions are important and that you need to do the moral and rightious thing...well then. Some people need direction in this regard and others might not. I don't see much difference in the two beliefs.

Some base action on the present , other the future. If they are exactly the same actions...what does it matter?
WTF, I will again disagree because what you have presented is a circular argument which is something most terrorist believe but I don't. Just because one believes in themselves, with an absence of a Supreme Being in their life like an Atheist or someone similar, that in no way implies that they are the higher power since that is lunacy... or denial, to believe you are the higher power. Of course, that does fit very well within an Abby normal psychology class but that is another matter since that fits for someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

Still, a unique perspective WTF.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #77
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post

WTF--You also see things from a unique perspective...as most on this board would say, everything about you is unique.

However, let me say something I learned long ago. Each person must define his/her own faith path. And we must leave it up to each person to do so. That which speaks to one person will not necessarily speak to another. Even the absence of faith can speak to a person. But in order to be free to find/follow our own paths, we must first let others find/follow their own paths. The key to this is to respect others beliefs (or non-beliefs). That does not mean one has to deny their own beliefs. No, there is nothing better than a solid belief as long as it does not impinge upon another's belief.

In this area (beliefs), it is important more than ever to have respect for one another's belief systems.

Just my € 0.0147733
Wait a minute Tonto...just who isn't respecting anyone's beliefs?

I do not care what one believes in. As long as we are calling them beliefs and not facts we are discussing something that you gotta die to really figure out.

Don't go putting words in my mouth. Me and LD are cool.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #78
guest041110
Account Disabled

Quote:
Wait a minute Tonto...just who isn't respecting anyone's beliefs?

I do not care what one believes in. As long as we are calling them beliefs and not facts we are discussing something that you gotta die to really figure out.

Don't go putting words in my mouth. Me and LD are cool.
Yep... the last time I checked only two have ever come back from the other side and they did not talk about this.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #79
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeDove View Post
WTF, I will again disagree because what you have presented is a circular argument which is something most terrorist believe but I don't. .
All beliefs in this regarda are circular.

Most terrorist believe in a higher power other than themself. Come on now...trying to lump me with terrorist is not playing fair. I am not trying to promote anything or convert anyone. I believe 'just' people are sprinkled about in many different belief systems....not clustered in one. Repeat that last sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism
Contemporary Humanism entails a qualified optimism about the capacity of people, but it does not involve believing that human nature is purely good or that all people can live up to the Humanist ideals without help. If anything, there is recognition that living up to one's potential is hard work and requires the help of others. The ultimate goal is human flourishing; making life better for all humans, and as the most conscious species, also promoting concern for the welfare of other sentient beings and the planet as a whole. The focus is on doing good and living well in the here and now, and leaving the world a better place for those who come after. In 1925, the English mathematician and philosopher Alfred North Whitehead cautioned: "The prophecy of Francis Bacon has now been fulfilled; and man, who at times dreamt of himself as a little lower than the angels, has submitted to become the servant and the minister of nature. It still remains to be seen whether the same actor can play both body parts
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #80
guest041110
Account Disabled

Talking

Quote:
All beliefs in this regarda are circular.

Most terrorist believe in a higher power other than themself. Come on now...trying to lump me with terrorist is not playing fair. I am not trying to promote anything or convert anyone. I believe just people are sprinkled about in many different belief systems....not clustered in one. Repeat that last sentence.
I wasn't attempting to lump you in with a Terrorist but you are correct that they do believe in a higher power but my point was more in line with the circular argument they present in their reasoning for doing what they do. I agree, I probably could have picked a better illustration but it fit my point.

Unless you are like Achmed the Dead Terrorist! Infidel!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go"]YouTube- Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist[/ame]
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #81
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Just pm me the avatar contact and all will be forgiven!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #82
Aidan MacKenna
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1446
My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb Back On Topic: The One

I'm a romantic but having been married multiple times, I'm not sure I believe in "the one" anymore.

I want to believe in "the one"... and as for the marriage of Hosea... don't we all feel like Gomer every once in a while, especially in this underworld in which we abide?
Aidan MacKenna is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #83
guest041110
Account Disabled

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna View Post
I'm a romantic but having been married multiple times, I'm not sure I believe in "the one" anymore.

I want to believe in "the one"... and as for the marriage of Hosea... don't we all feel like Gomer every once in a while, especially in this underworld in which we abide?
Aiden, wanting to believe is the first step to having it happen. I am a romantic as well but I have only been married once although for a long time. Yet the next time I marry it will be the last time because she will be the one for me. If I have to wait then so be it... I have the patience for that and I won't settle for anyone, or anything, less than who I am supposed to be with.

As for feeling at odds every once in a while... yes, I agree. I did feel that way particularly when I was active within this underworld.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #84
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default It might depend upon which syLLABLE the emPHASis is on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna View Post

...is it

THE one

or

the ONE

I'm not a huge believer in destiny, fate, what have you. I do think that there are certain personality types each of us are much more compatible with. When you run into one of those who happens to be walking around within a carbon-based unit that catches your eye.... with some life experiences you find interesting.... and you share some adventures together... for a while now... you might have yourself somebody that gets you to thinking the search is over.

And then... you start pissing each other off!!!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote