Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Leah Ireland
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2966
Default Bartering

I wonder if people are using bartering more in this arena?

I totally see the sense of it although I haven't done it. A client of mine who's withdrawing a lot from this domain (because of financial imperatives - of course) is making a website for a busy girl for barter.

Any more examples?

Leah Ireland x
Leah Ireland is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I think it is kind of hard to do on a regular basis w/o a central clearinghouse. I suggested a Bartering Forum for ECCIE at [ame="http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=12633"]http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=12633[/ame]. It would allow hobbyists to barter with both hobbyists and providers; and providers to barter with both providers and hobbyists. I understand there is another Forum in CA that does this. It was a discussion on an ASPD thread I remember reading...
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Exotic Lily
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5516
My ECCIE Reviews

I love bartering! Anyone have a condo in one of the following ski resorts... Vail, Sun Valley, Deer Valley or Taos? Throw in airfare and i'm yours for the week.
Exotic Lily is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

If the offer to barter were to be presented to me, I would decline as I prefer to have my money work for me and at a later date allow me to purchase the "luxury" I viewed as unaffordable before, along with having some left over and still growing for me.

A product or service I gain through bartering will not earn any interest, and in all reality, is likely to lose value almost immediately.

Of course, we all think and function differently and I mean no disrespect to those of you who participate in the bartering system.
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

There were numerous threads about this on ASPD (I know, gee, a bunch of good that does us a lot of good now ) I will try to objectively summarize those by simply saying even the proponents of it caution that there are a lot of things to watch out for.

Outside of this "hobby" realm I am a big proponent of it. In a lot of cases it can create a real "win, win," free up cash flow and/or minimize risk.

Inside of the hobby, I would caution strongly against it. On the surface it looks attractive; a website for a session(s) or tax preparation for a session, etc. The problem is there is no practical recourse if there is a dispute & invariably one service would be provided before the other.

The one viable barter scenario I've heard of is a session for something tangible...a session for a laptop or a flight certificate etc. Even those aren't foolproof...

...can you tell I'm not a fan?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post

A product or service I gain through bartering will not earn any interest, and in all reality, is likely to lose value almost immediately.

I assume you are referring to w/in the hobby realm, & in that context your comment can make some sense.

I want to make/reiterate the point that with most bartering transactions (outside the hobby), what you are saying is completely off-base. In fact just the opposite. What you are doing is improving asset utilization. You are trading something you either don't need (as much) or you have cost advantage in obtaining for something you need.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

I have heard so many horror stories about bartering that it just doesnt appeal to me. Women that have exchanged sessions for services are the worst (i.e. legal, advice, accounting, photography)..it always ends in tears. I would never allow a client access to that much information about me. Never.

C
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #8
CSI
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post

You are right, LynetteMarie. The last time I provided services and goods worth around $$$$$ I was offered a BJ just before she walked out the door. I was shocked and declined her so generous offer.

And, with over thousands of dollars of services and goods and cash I have provided to several providers, I have had only one provider that reduced/discounted my next visit by the amount (forty dollars) that I gave her to keep her electricity on.

Too bad the providers don't respect reciprocity as they could gain so much more benefits.

So, to ALL of you providers, I will NOT give any longer. Don't ask!

To the hobbyists, if you barter, then expect to loose what you give as almost all providers will think it was just a gift. Don't barter!

CSI
CSI is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
Nicolette Morgandy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1985
My ECCIE Reviews

Bartering has never appealed to me in this hobby.
Nicolette Morgandy is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholetteM View Post
Bartering has never appealed to me in this hobby.
The point is that this is NOT a hobby issue. It is sheer bartering. A stereo for an ipod. A car for a truck.

I'm not saying you CAN'T barter hobby tradeouts; just that it is NOT limited to that.

Hobby bartering may not appeal to you, but you may want to barter merchandise for merchandise.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
Nicolette Morgandy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1985
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
The point is that this is NOT a hobby issue. It is sheer bartering. A stereo for an ipod. A car for a truck.

I'm not saying you CAN'T barter hobby tradeouts; just that it is NOT limited to that.

Hobby bartering may not appeal to you, but you may want to barter merchandise for merchandise.
Never have I stated that I'm against the system of barter. But she specifically asked about bartering in this arena/hobby, and I politely responded.

Now, outside of this hobby, yes bartering can be beneficial to both parties involved. A win-win situation for everyone placing such a transaction.

Bartering has been, and always will be in existence.
Nicolette Morgandy is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #12
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

I once traded a 90 minute appt for a photo shoot. He supplied the backgrounds and some props and took some great pics. We had a session and then he gave me the CD.

I wouldn't be opposed the bartering again, if something tickles my fancy
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
txpussyboy
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3
My ECCIE Reviews

I have lost bigtime twice on bartering. Both times, with someone I did not know well. So from my experiences, I would only barter with someone I know pretty well.
txpussyboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil red Robin View Post
I wouldn't be opposed the bartering again, if something tickles my fancy
I'd be more than happy to try and tickle your fancy!! Just let me know where my fingers (and other body parts) do the job.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I'm not a big fan of barter either -- there is too much uncertainty in the value of the items received on the part of both partners. However, I'm willing to give it a try. I will trade with a lady for an evening of sexual ecstasy. The only question is what are you offering in return?
pjorourke is offline   Quote