Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Women looking for men that make over $500K a year. Interesting/realistic discussion!!

WOMAN Says this:

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I’m not from New York . I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City , so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.
Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?
Here are my questions specifically:... See More
- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms
- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings
- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?
- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I’ve seen really ‘plain jane’ boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What’s the story there?
- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?
- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY
Please hold your insults - I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

BUSINESSMAN responds:
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.
Your offer, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity…in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!
So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!
So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold…hence the rub…marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.... See More
Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.
By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.
With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.” I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I'm guessing she would be mortified at the mention of a pre-nup...

I'm going to suggest she play mattress back. Lie about being on the pill. Get knocked up & hope she finds a chump that wants to "do the honorable thing." But then again, a child would probably cramp her plans....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Lightbulb Beauty And Intelligence

Ouch!

The lady was not shy in stating what she wanted, but she miscalculated.

A gentleman in her price range has to be very sharp to earn that income.

Intelligence will always trump beauty if not clouded by emotion.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
BUSINESSMAN responds:
By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.
Best answer of all, after all we are all equals right?
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Her mistake: she placed all her arguments in her youth and good looks and denigrated the "plain Janes" that were around. A rather shallow approach IMHO. My guess is that the Plain Janes had intelligence, character, humor and all the other non-physical assets to catch and keep a superior guy. The 25 yo said nothing about her qualities on this plane. So, there is absolutely no incentive to enter into LTR on the part of any guy, especially on the basis of age and looks alone.

Bottom line, she's selling the wrong product. The product she is selling can be purchased almost anywhere. She has to package herself as a unique product and sell that product, and that alone. The age and looks become collateral benefits, not the main product.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

I LOVE IT!!!!! "Intelligence will ALWAYS trump BEAUTY"

What a great line! May I use that in my sig line, Fast Gunn?

On topic, I am sure there may be some successful guy somewhere who MIGHT go for it but I sincerely doubt it. He could get exactly that for a LOT less $$ in the P4P world.
vnurse is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

LOL, I think that she may have overlooked the fact that pretty 25 year olds far outnumber the men who make over 500K a year.Looks on their own have very little value when there are so many beautiful women around who have so much more going for them beyond just their beauty.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Intelligence is much more sensual than simple beauty, and then intelligence is more beautiful than simple beauty. It also can play to the mind, the world's biggest sex organ.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Pearls

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnurse View Post
I LOVE IT!!!!! "Intelligence will ALWAYS trump BEAUTY"

What a great line! May I use that in my sig line, Fast Gunn?
Sure, vnurse. You're welcome to use the little pearls I come up with in your sig line.

I am actually writing a book and I hope all my readers show the appreciation that you show.

But don't forget the proviso, "IF it's not clouded by emotion"

I expect that it's going to be a best-seller!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

This has been circling the net for a while, for good reason, it's highly entertaining.

Quote:
By 35 stick a fork in you!
Ouch!
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah, for years but I thought it was good to revisit.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
Aidan MacKenna
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1446
My ECCIE Reviews

I say pull a Susan Lucci and marry a plastic surgeon... I'm just saying...
Aidan MacKenna is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #13
Eliza
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3362

I've seen this quite a number of times before, but I'll have another gander at it.

The problem is this woman is trying to make a sale on the wrong attributes.

Beautiful face? Hot body? Guys with money (especially the handsome and charming ones) will always have their choice of eager, nubile ladies at their disposal. Regardless of how gorgeous or sexy you are, there will be someone else out there that is more so.

Articulate and classy? First of all, I have my doubts about anyone that touts that they are classy. I've seen photographs of topless women contorted in overtly sexual positions next to paragraphs in which they talk about how "classy" they are. Oh, irony. Class is exemplified through consistent actions and it is similar to trust in that it takes time to exhibit true class, but seconds to throw it down the drain.

Furthermore, her excessive focus on $$$ is a turn-off. Way to make a guy feel like a walking, talking wallet. Wealthy men are people too and just may possibly want to be liked for more than what they can give. To reverse it, how do pretty girls feel when men make it clear that they only want sex from them? Sure, if the guy is hot, then they may not care at first, but everyone ultimately desire for someone to like them for the whole package, not just a sole trait (especially one like money or looks, which can both easily vanish).
Eliza is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #14
Busterflywheel
Gaining Momentum

try looking for a sugar daddy....
Busterflywheel is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #15
Tim the Enchanter
Registered Member

Some things are always with us:

From the New York Herald classified ads of June 5, 1863:

A young lady of 18, wealthy, pretty and agreeable, wants a husband. Not finding any one of her acquaintance who suits her, she has concluded to take this method of discovering one. The happy gentleman must be wealthy, stylish, handsome and fascinating. None other need apply. Address within three days, giving name and full particulars, and enclosing carte de visite, Carrie Howard, Station D, New York.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/op...14epstein.html

A bit better spoken than the specimen at top of this thread, I think.
Tim the Enchanter is offline   Quote