Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Money VS Happy

For those of us who are 30+ in age, would you give up your current career or financial stability to start over with the one you truly love?

Suppose you meet "the one" later in life, but you have to relocate, start over or pay large sums in Alimony or child support. Are you willing to make financial sacrifices if it means living a happy life with a new love? Even if it's just temporary, say 2 years, could you do it? Or would you long for those great vacations, carefree spending, or fine dining experiences?
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I think that is an interesting academic question but difficult to answer accurately in the absence of actually living thru the situation (and no 2 situations are the same).

I'd be more interested in hearing from people that did choose love over money (or chose not to). Happy? Regrets?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I think that is an interesting academic question but difficult to answer accurately in the absence of actually living thru the situation (and no 2 situations are the same).

I'd be more interested in hearing from people that did choose love over money (or chose not to). Happy? Regrets?
Absolutely! Would love to hear the same feedback...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1
Cool

At one point not too long ago, I did choose love over the stability and trust I had with my ex-wife of 20+ years of time. I truly regret that decision as it was one of the worst decisions I have ever made because the one I believed proved beyond a shadow of a doubt all she ever cared about was money, herself and nothing more.

Now, if I were to find The One that I was meant to be with would I let my heart lead me? Depends on what The Lord told me to do. Most here want to either deny that or they don’t understand that and that is fine for them. I, however, learned from my mistakes and I realized that there is a better way of conducting my life. If she is The One I am supposed to be with then yes, I would do whatever I needed to do for her and me with a smile on my face each and every day.

Now my life is quiet with peace and I am happy although it took awhile for me to adjust. Once I did, it has been really good and I don't miss the faux love one damn bit although I do miss the companionship and connection I once had with my ex-wife.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Sydneyb
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5481

I firmly believe that the two need not be mutually exclusive. For me, his (and by extention; our) financial security is a requirement, but not the only requirement.

I want it all. The love, the sex, the lifestyle.

That said, if I loved someone who was comfortable, but not wealthy, I would happily accept that and build a happy, honest life with him.

But if he was wealthy - particularly if its inherited (as is the situation with my last love), I would expect him to spoil me as well as he spoils himself. When he didn't, I couldn't stay - and wouldn't stay - as I want my other half to treat me as well or better than he does himself.

But mostly, I am building my life and my wealth so that I will be free of the shackles of financial needs to make any decision I want to, should opportunity and a permanent love come my way.
Sydneyb is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
OneHotMale
Valued Poster

Wow good question Nicole. As for me I have a career that I dearly love but I am looking to retire in another couple of years. I have plenty of other loves outside of my work to keep myself occupied and since I have been single for many years and my kids are grown and in their careers then I have nothing to tie me down. But I will say that I am still young enough to enjoy things then yes most definately if the right lady came along then I would have to seriously consider settling down. Heck I figure I can supplement my retirement making $$$ off of WTF on the golf course.
OneHotMale is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

I have often picked love over money and have paid deeply for such a choice. I would live in a camper (homeless)with little to no money if I could be with the ones I love.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL, I hope it doesn't come down to a camper.

More specifically, would you be willing to start your life over for love? This means rebuilding your life and a temporary change in lifestyle...I know we have all worked hard to build financial security and luxuries in life...could you let that go to build another less luxurious lifestyle with the one you love?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
could you let that go to build another less luxurious lifestyle with the one you love?
I have been in love once in my life. To feel that way again I would make some sacrifices. Sorry for such a short answer but I don't like to get all mushy on a message board.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
JackNapier
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I would gladly choose the love over the money. If you consider "non-romantic" love as well, isn't that what a parent does when they have kids?

While we're at it, why don't you add the question: would you choose love over beauty or love over sex?
JackNapier is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNapier View Post

While we're at it, why don't you add the question: would you choose love over beauty or love over sex?
I wouldn't add that into the equation because in my opinion true love involves great sex as well as finding your partner beautiful. Just imagine your perfect partner...what would you sacrifice to be with him/her?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
LOL, I hope it doesn't come down to a camper.

More specifically, would you be willing to start your life over for love? This means rebuilding your life and a temporary change in lifestyle...I know we have all worked hard to build financial security and luxuries in life...could you let that go to build another less luxurious lifestyle with the one you love?
Yes, I would without question given my previous post since, in a way, I have already done that.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I certainly would do it.
However, I would also hope that no one else would do it because some of us said yes.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 AM   #14
Iceman
Valued Poster

Quote:
For those of us who are 30+ in age, would you give up your current career or financial stability to start over with the one you truly love?

Suppose you meet "the one" later in life, but you have to relocate, start over or pay large sums in Alimony or child support. Are you willing to make financial sacrifices if it means living a happy life with a new love? Even if it's just temporary, say 2 years, could you do it? Or would you long for those great vacations, carefree spending, or fine dining experiences?
Being single and without kids it would be an easy choice for me. Love.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
Lovely Victoria
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12025
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
I have often picked love over money and have paid deeply for such a choice. I would live in a camper (homeless)with little to no money if I could be with the ones I love.
I tried the trailer park thing in the name of love. That didn't last too long. I would certainly choose love over money if it meant less luxury, but live in a camper / trailer? Never again. Trust me, you'll never have a good hair day again.
Lovely Victoria is offline   Quote