Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35198
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Plywood Whiny, maybe if you had stepped up to defend America, you'd understand how wrong your droning drone rants are.

You do a lot of bitching without presenting alternatives, solutions, he'll, even half-assed ideas.

Here's one ... Go to Salina!
Better yet, the hypocritical cocksucker needs to experience Beautiful Downtown Damascus!

I will gladly pay for his one way ticket!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #32
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

The whole entire article sounds like BULLSHIT.

First off, the whole idea that drones have made war impersonal is nonsense. Air Forces pilots have said the same thing for about 40 years. Whether you are in an F-15 or in a bunker operating a drone, you point missiles at targets on a screen and fire them.

No pilot or other airman has seen the enemy up close and personal since the dogfights to WWII and Korea - and maybe a small number of Vietnam dogfights.

That's the whole reason we are getting rid of manned aircraft. What is the point of putting a pilot's life in danger just so he can play video game on board the aircraft, when he can safely do the same thing from the ground 500 miles away?

Are we supposed to believe this guy killed or helped kill over 1600 people in a 6 year period? That is about all the terrorists we kill in one year. We have hundreds of drone operators. How did he get involved in so many successful missions? What were the rest of the drone operators doing? Getting coffee?

And that crap at the end about a girl "pulling away" from him when she found out he was a drone operator sounds like a scripted line that was made up to draw sympathy.

I don't know of - and I have never even heard of - any one who would react like that.

Why is it you only find incredible stories like this on shabby conspiracy websites? Why don't you read them in the NY Times or WSJ?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

First off, the whole idea that drones have made war impersonal is nonsense. Air Forces pilots have said the same thing for about 40 years. Whether you are in an F-15 or in a bunker operating a drone, you point missiles at targets on a screen and fire them.

No pilot or other airman has seen the enemy up close and personal since the dogfights to WWII and Korea - and maybe a small number of Vietnam dogfights.

That's the whole reason we are getting rid of manned aircraft. What is the point of putting a pilot's life in danger just so he can play video game on board the aircraft, when he can safely do the same thing from the ground 500 miles away?

Are we supposed to believe this guy killed or helped kill over 1600 people in a 6 year period? That is about all the terrorists we kill in one year. We have hundreds of drone operators. How did he get involved in so many successful missions? What were the rest of the drone operators doing? Getting coffee?

And that crap at the end about a girl "pulling away" from him when she found out he was a drone operator sounds like a scripted line that was made up to draw sympathy.

I don't know of - and I have never even heard of - any one who would react like that.

Why is it you only find incredible stories like this on shabby conspiracy websites? Why don't you read them in the NY Times or WSJ?
Ex, I agree with the vast majority of your post. The one piece I see differently is at the end: I can easily believe the girl pulling away from him, but I suspect it is because the kid has convinced himself that he is a bad human being, riddled with guilt. If that is how he sees himself, and when asked "What do you do?" if his first reply is "I've killed 1600 people by dropping bombs on them", I can easily see her being creeped out. It isn't good ice breaking conversation.

It is sad that he sees himself that way but it happens to a lot of soldiers, not just drone pilots. It is a major emotional stress for most, the first time they kill someone in combat. Some are far less able to deal with it. The ones that scare me are those who have absolutely no guilt, no questioning at all--or even get a thrill from it. Those who enjoy war and killing are not the ones I would want next to be in battle.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Drones? If used properly, it is my personal belief that Drones are a good thing. Especially as it relates to targeting known Terrorists, intent upon killing innocent American citizens. In other words, send in the Drones, we can dig up their remains when the dust clears!

Next!
The Drone Program is probably a good thing. Iam sure it has it's place in warfare. But it's obvious from this article that not everyone is cutout to participate in the Drone Program as an operator. Personally ,regardless of aptitude a 19 year old soldier and just three months training might be a bit to soon for a technical assignment such as this. Especially if there is potential for extreme emotional consequences associated with it.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #35
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
But it's obvious from this article that not everyone is cutout to participate in the Drone Program as an operator. Personally ,regardless of aptitude a 19 year old soldier and just three months training might be a bit to soon for a technical assignment such as this. Especially if there is potential for extreme emotional consequences associated with it.
Amen.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

hard to imagine , but COF gets more obtuse by the day
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #37
quietcoolj
Registered Member

I am going to say that since the soldier was ETSing, his CO probably did a 'rough extrapolation' (read: wild guess with no bearing to reality) to put down a nice number so he could get a decent medal on his way out the door. Happens all the time. Which goes to show that the young former soldier was probably right to exit when he did, as he still has some maturing and perspective to gain. I wish him well.
quietcoolj is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #38
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I don't recall him saying he killed 1600 terrorists, he said that he killed 1600 people. Collateral damage they call it. Has to wear on your mind somedays. You come home and your son runs across the yard and suddenly you are reminded of a little boy on the screen doing the same thing. There is a momentary panic as you try to save your son from the incoming missile that only exists in your mind. I always wondered about snipers. They sit out in the tree line sighting in at 800 yards, you see a man having a smoke or talking to his friend, a slight squeeze and he dies in your sight. You have to wonder that being a sniper someone is not watching you the same way. You're going to get something to eat or to take a shit and a guy is watching through a scope nearly a thousand yards away. The average soldier has no concept normally but the sniper is very aware.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
quietcoolj
Registered Member

Well sure, but 1600 people means that the majority of missions he went on he droped bombs, which is improbable. That's a ridculous number of engagements if you understand that most drone flights are for recon purposes. Also, I sincerely doubt that his award would include civilian casualties. No matter how much you dislike or distrust the military, civilian deaths is not a criteria for an award, and would not get lumped into a larger 'kill count'. It's possible the facility may have achieved those numbers over 6 years and he gets credit for being there....but he didn't do it.
quietcoolj is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
The NY Times and WSJ have been proven to be unreliable sources.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #41
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Hanoi James says that as if his "shabby conspiracy websites" are reliable sources.

Thank you, Jerry Fletcher!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #42
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
and there is no gravity ... The world sucks!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #43
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

of course they are ,.. and your freedom info yada yada facebook link is what, the pillar of credibility?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #44
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Nothing like a opinion blog or a u tube video to prove a point? If all else fails photoshop is the best answer.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #45
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Nothing like a opinion blog or a u tube video to prove a point? If all else fails photoshop is the best answer.
More than likely it was Imagecoast.com. He is not smart enough to use photoshop!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women