Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59935
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47556
pyramider46370
bambino40327
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #76
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@MA

You are a contradiction in terms. A poet in a hardass Lord Vader. Niiiiice.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #77
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Did you know that Ivan the terrible was once Ivan the great?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #78
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
Amen.

I would tend to think if the OP or his other sith lord that mentored him banned anybody in the next few days, the appeal strategy would be simply to point the admins and owners to this thread.

As a casual observer, it looks to me as though both John Bull and Marcus came spoiling for a fight. This thread is downright inflammatory.

I always thought a mod's best role was to put out fires, not kindle them.
Quote:
Or I can express my opinion and hope the people who derive revenue from the performance of this site and their mostly volunteer staff make changes in that staff if that revenue is impacted by negativity caused by that volunteer staff.

Who would want to advertise on a site where their prospective clients are treated poorly by that site's volunteer staff?

Here is odd idea, and maybe it hasn't occurred to the leadership of a board that is still in its infancy: Moderators should serve, not antagonize. They definitely should not pick fights; finishing them is seen as a good thing, as long as they didn't start them. In this case, these two clearly attempted to stir up fighting. Happily most saw that for what it was and ignored them.

The D&T crowd is a fairly enlightened bunch. Folks trying to hard sell crazy should peddle their goods down the road, we aren't buying here.
This board itself may be in its infancy...but the leadership is far from neophytes in running a board. I think the board...and the moderation...is being run exactly like the leadership wants it to run. And I know some of the D&T crowd seems to think they are more enlightened than the rest of the crowd...but they're not...and most of the rest are happy as a pig in sh*t.

Take a whirl at the leadership if you like. I have a feeling they'll remind you to not let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #79
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I think the board...and the moderation...is being run exactly like the leadership wants it to run.
Agreed, only a change in revenue would concern the ownership of this board. Mods that go off half-cocked never know when they might be messing with a potential large advertiser on the board. Nothing worse than a volunteer costing you money.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #80
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #81
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

PWI MA?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #82
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default Nicely done...

MA, you really made the Darth Vader avatar come to life there...nice!!
Ed Highlight is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #83
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Actually I did let someone get under my skin.
That's not the way to do things here.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #84
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Is this the kinder gentler MA?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avatar2969_11.gif.jpg (18.8 KB, 87 views)
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #85
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

HeHe.

The uniform is in the shop.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #86
Bella_HHD
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 734

I come here, like I did to HDH, to learn.

Honestly.

There are a LOT of very intelligent people that hang out here.

I am formally uneducated (only as far as HS), chose to ignore any kind of polictical education over the course of my life and have never traveled out of the immediate Midwest. Most of anything I've learned over the years, I learned from reading.

This forum is a great place to learn.
Bella_HHD is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #87
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Gir does have a dark side though.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #88
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Gir does have a dark side though.
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #89
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18
Default Hypothetical For Salon Discussion

Quote:
Agreed, only a change in revenue would concern the ownership of this board. Mods that go off half-cocked never know when they might be messing with a potential large advertiser on the board. Nothing worse than a volunteer costing you money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."
I am not sure how what was stated could be "nice" or "not nice." It is merely conjecture based on facts as I know them. I think nearly every SHMB board owner would openly admit that while they do open such boards to serve the hobby community that they are usually a part of, this is not a wholly philanthropic endeavor. They derive revenue through the selling of banner advertisements. It pays for the operational costs of the board, and hopefully a bit more than that. No matter how you slice it, the banner advertisers are the lifeblood of most boards.

Now I presented a hypothetical. If a moderator, for instance, or some other volunteer staff member were to say, takes things too personal that may have never even been directed at them, or perhaps overstepped their role, or, and I know this only happens on very rare occasions and certainly never on ECCIE, slightly abused their powers as a moderator to get a little post revenge in a forum that is pretty much known as a place were heated discussion is not just the norm, such discussions are valued highly by the participants, well can you follow that my hypothetical is just suggesting this could impact revenue?

Picture for instance if that moderator, having a bad day, stepped on the wrong toes. What if that new member they alienated was actually also a prospective advertiser? What if that member had been merely test driving the site to decide if he or she, or them were going to spend a few hundred dollars a month on this site for various advertising for their SP related business? One wrong impression by a volunteer staff member could cost the board owner a pretty penny, and even sadder, they might not even learn of this, because if this moderator, having a bad day upset the member enough, they might just fade into lurking on the board and never spend a dime, or explain why they decided not to spend a dime.

I was simply pointing out a possible scenario. I am not sure how that could be quantified, or even qualified as being nice. It was merely something to ponder. The sort thing I thought was the norm in D&T.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and it most likely won't be the last.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #90
Marshall
BANNED

Marshall is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women