Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-19-2024, 01:50 PM   #16
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I look for the Supreme Court to step in on this. The 8th Amendment is there for a reason.

If not, I look for him to sell off every asset he has in New York, pay the fine, and get out of town.

The only entity that would bail him out is Elon Musk, who might do it just to piss a bunch of people off.

8th amendment is for criminal courts and penalties, not civil. Sorry.

There are plenty of ppl who claim to be billionaires.

Bill Gates has that kinda chump change, and so does Mark Cuban or the other Apple dude. Of course there are some Oligarchs whos have that loose scratch in the back of their range rovers, ...

but Mr. Orange Billionaire is leveraged to the gills; He could barely come up with that level of nutt for the 100 MM bond based on his Schwab account to cover E.Jean's case. (Which he's gonna lose again too).

I would've thought that Trumps baby Momma got that level of coin in her anchor babies college fund.- guess he's gonna have to settle for community college instead of Univ Penn....LOLLING
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:57 PM   #17
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

They’re gonna seize Trump tower and use it as a home for immigrants sent to NYC by Abbott and DeSantis
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:21 PM   #18
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
8th amendment is for criminal courts and penalties, not civil. Sorry.

There are plenty of ppl who claim to be billionaires.

Bill Gates has that kinda chump change, and so does Mark Cuban or the other Apple dude. Of course there are some Oligarchs whos have that loose scratch in the back of their range rovers, ...

but Mr. Orange Billionaire is leveraged to the gills; He could barely come up with that level of nutt for the 100 MM bond based on his Schwab account to cover E.Jean's case. (Which he's gonna lose again too).

I would've thought that Trumps baby Momma got that level of coin in her anchor babies college fund.- guess he's gonna have to settle for community college instead of Univ Penn....LOLLING
In this case, it does apply because this is not a dispute between to individuals. This case is as brought by a government entity. The Bill of Rights covers repression from all government entities.

Allen Dershowitz says Trump should have recourse under both the 8th and 14th.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 02:50 PM   #19
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
In this case, it does apply because this is not a dispute between to individuals. This case is as brought by a government entity. The Bill of Rights covers repression from all government entities.

Why didn't I think of Alan Dershowitz- The GOP Paid Shill who needs to sell more books!? He's certainly not biased when it comes to protecting guilty mo-fos! ...Wait, that's all he does!

When you have to rely on Alan Douchewitz to find a defense, and then have Sean Hannity soft pitch it to ya to hit the ball, you're in deep shit.

Trumps fucked. He has 30 days to file a bond or put up cash for appeal or he doesn't get to appeal. He can complain all he wants.

Wonder why nobody is loaning him the money??

Cause Trump is a fucking piece of shit who doesn't pay his bills!
Here's a few links for your perusal and to see why he's a bad bet. Politically he's not afraid to tell racist tropes about ppl or immigrants, so the white folks on the right love him, but they sure as fuck don't trust him.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...lls-1465504454

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-retur...d-bill-1814996

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...d-bills-039631

Those are just a few examples of him being a deadbeat...(let alone all the bankruptcies he's done prior.----7 of them so far. One more to go.)

A Bigger question is why aren't any of Trumps 'friends', loaning him money or offering him a loan against his properties etc? If one of those is worth 1.5 billion aka Motel-A-Lago, then why can't he get a loan for the 30% of half a billion?

Two reasons

1. it's Trump and money given to him is long gone.

2. It's not worth what he says it's worth...just like Trump isn't personally worth a billion. He's been weighed and measured, and has come up short.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:49 PM   #20
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:

Keep relying on Fox and Allen. Trump won't win any 8th amend challenge. He can make a 14th claim but I don't see it going anywhere.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #21
Jackie S
Valued Poster

If Trump wins the election, he will have his Justice Dept prosecute James for violating his civil rights under the 8th and 14th Amendment.

The case could do for the 8th and 14th what Miranda did for the 5th.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:58 PM   #22
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Why didn't I think of Alan Dershowitz- The GOP Paid Shill who needs to sell more books!? He's certainly not biased when it comes to protecting guilty mo-fos! ...Wait, that's all he does!

When you have to rely on Alan Douchewitz to find a defense, and then have Sean Hannity soft pitch it to ya to hit the ball, you're in deep shit.

Trumps fucked. He has 30 days to file a bond or put up cash for appeal or he doesn't get to appeal. He can complain all he wants.

Wonder why nobody is loaning him the money??

Cause Trump is a fucking piece of shit who doesn't pay his bills!
Here's a few links for your perusal and to see why he's a bad bet. Politically he's not afraid to tell racist tropes about ppl or immigrants, so the white folks on the right love him, but they sure as fuck don't trust him.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...lls-1465504454

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-retur...d-bill-1814996

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...d-bills-039631

Those are just a few examples of him being a deadbeat...(let alone all the bankruptcies he's done prior.----7 of them so far. One more to go.)

A Bigger question is why aren't any of Trumps 'friends', loaning him money or offering him a loan against his properties etc? If one of those is worth 1.5 billion aka Motel-A-Lago, then why can't he get a loan for the 30% of half a billion?

Two reasons

1. it's Trump and money given to him is long gone.

2. It's not worth what he says it's worth...just like Trump isn't personally worth a billion. He's been weighed and measured, and has come up short.

i find these ad hominem attacks on Alan Dershowitz amusing. "GOP Paid Shill"?

bhaahahahaa

he's a life long Democrat who is no particular fan of Trump politically and didn't vote for him in 2016 or 2020.

you guys freak every time an actual legal scholar issues an opinion in favor of Trump's legal options and more importantly sees the pure political nature of all of Trump's "crimes"

bahahaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:32 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Broke back trumpf deserves to have his assets seized. He didn't earn his money anyways. He swindled and conned for every dollar he ever made.
Seize his assets now!
Through incompetence and avarice, Trump screwed people out of a lot more than $455 million. There was the $1 billion his investors lost in Atlantic City and $100 million+ his banks lost when the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago went under. I imagine banks lost at least another $100 million on the Plaza Hotel in New York and his airline, the Trump Shuttle. Arguably these investors and the banks lost money because of Trump's incompetence, not because he cheated them. With the exception of some of the bondholders in Atlantic City, they were big boys who should have known what they were getting into.

Then there are the many vendors he stiffed, and customers and investors he bamboozled because he cheated people. Trump University comes to mind. Those numbers are harder to quantify.

But Winn Dixie, this is the United States of America. The ends don't justify the means. You don't put someone in jail for a murder he didn't commit because you know he committed many crimes years ago that he was never prosecuted for.

Do we want our prosecutors to be lawyers like Alan Shore (James Spader in Boston Legal) who lie and cheat and misrepresent to get convitions? Or like Ben Matlock (Andy Griffith in Matlock) who take the high road. I say they should take the high road. Like Andy Griffith.

If Blackman looked deep into his heart he'd realize that too. Based on what he's written here, in his professional life, he's Andy Griffith. Not James Spader. Although he has pointed out he makes a lot more money because of the James Spader's out there on the other side.

I'll be back in Jackie's excessive fines thread soon to tie the loose ends together and show just how ridiculous Engoron's fine was.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:17 PM   #24
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Plenty of people get screwed by the legal system in this country. Trump at least had the benefit of a high priced legal defense. Many people don’t. He also has the ability to appeal. Regardless of what we believe to be the truth Trump has the ability to appeal and presumably he’s going to. I would rather have Trump’s resources in fighting this suit than a person who had their life savings seized by the police just because you brought it with you in cash when traveling cross country.

Regardless of whether the result is fair the truth is that Trump and his organization lied about the valuation of his assets and got caught at it. Let’s stop pretending like he’s innocent and being victimized.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:17 PM   #25
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Plenty of people get screwed by the legal system in this country. Trump at least had the benefit of a high priced legal defense. Many people don’t. He also has the ability to appeal. Regardless of what we believe to be the truth Trump has the ability to appeal and presumably he’s going to. I would rather have Trump’s resources in fighting this suit than a person who had their life savings seized by the police just because you brought it with you in cash when traveling cross country.

Regardless of whether the result is fair the truth is that Trump and his organization lied about the valuation of his assets and got caught at it. Let’s stop pretending like he’s innocent and being victimized.

why does it even matter? do you really think Trump is the only NY real estate mogul who does this? they all do.

who did Trump cheat again? Deutsche Bank? are they suing Trump? are they getting any of this outrageous amount that judge decided on while not knowing jack shit about real estate valuations?

you guys need to make up yer minds here. is Trump really a criminal genius who managed to dupe dozens of sophisticated financial institutions out of millions?

nonsense.

oh and why is the State of New York the only one getting any of this "stolen profits"?

is James gonna give Deutsche Bank any of their lost profits back? oh that's right .. they didn't lose any money. none of them did.

only people who hate Trump don't see this for the political prosecution that it is.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:25 PM   #26
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Hogwash

Everybody does it. Is not a good argument. He presented misleading valuations. He's guilty.

He has a long list of swindles cons and not paying his debts. He's no genius.

And I'd want a spader type to go after trumpf and his criminal regime!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:31 PM   #27
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Hogwash

Everybody does it. Is not a good argument. He presented misleading valuations. He's guilty.

He has a long list of swindles cons and not paying his debts. He's no genius.

And I'd want a spader type to go after trumpf and his criminal regime!

show me one other NY real estate mogul ever charged with this. EVER.

i'll wait
Old 03-19-2024, 11:39 PM   #28
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

i'll wait

Doesn't matter.
What's your point?
Trumpf lied. Proven
He has to pay!
Fire sale beginning soon. Indeed
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:13 AM   #29
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post

i'll wait
Prove no other has been charged. We will wait.

Only a MAGA could come up with this as a defense for Trump fraud.

Perhaps if Trump had not committed fraud or such a MASSIVE scale...over decades...and not shown one iota acknowledging his fraud...the judgement would have been different. Instead he chose to instruct his lawyers to do their best to attempt to show there was no fraud.

Unfortunately for Trump the evidence showed otherwise.

Judgement sizes are made all the time with consideration for mitigating factors or circumstances...but it is doubtful you would understand why.

This applies to criminal cases also.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:51 AM   #30
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Nobody is saying Trump did not commit the “crime”

What people are saying is the punishment is so asinine.
This is akin to someone getting Life in prison jaywalking.

This is where the 8th and 14 th Amendments com into play.

Regardless whether our liberal Democrat friends want to accept it, the “Bill of Rights” protects citizens against all Government abuse, whether it’s a cop beating a confession out of a suspect, to a over zealous DA and Judge destroying an individual financially for a victimless crime.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women