Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #106
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyRose View Post
My favorite whine?

"I wanna go to Miami!"

Funny!
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #107
cgrman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

great thread and lots of information..thanks everyone....some of my favorite pinots are siduri, loring, pali, williams-selyem, walter hansel, roessler, lorca...single vineyards would be gary's , rosella's, keefer ranch, turner, durell, pisoni, ...i have found all these on the internet much cheaper than local retail,,,and most are not avail here for retail....i really like turley zins also (many different single vineyard designations) as well as vieux-os by schrader.. the double diamond cabs by schrader are nice also...for a great napa cab at value pricing look for waterstone...if anyone wants the websites i shop please pm me and i will be glad to share them.....enoy and be safe.....
cgrman is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #108
SeaDog
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Some GREAT info here! Special thanks to rekcaSxt for sharing and educating.

Cgrman - can you give us a primer on buying internet wine? Price / value vs. wine shops? Scams? Is WYS actually WYG? Packaging / shipping concerns? What should we be concerned about? What FAQ's are really non-issues? And thanks for the PM.
SeaDog is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #109
cgrman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

i would be glad to share what little knowledge i have....when you find a website that you want to shop on check to see if they ship to your state...if they do then check to see if they actually have a physical address and not just an internet presence...always make sure they have the wine in stock until you know if they are reputable or not....one website that will help is www.wine-searcher.com they will tell you who has a particular wine and what price the are selling it for (both retail and auction sites will be listed).

i dont want to write a novel here but if you would like some trusted sites that i have been using for several years please pm me and i will be glad to share them....most all of them have mailings they send out and specials ie free shipping,,,,plus there are many wineries that are going broke and have to move the wine fast....their loss if your gain.

one other thing.....check to see if they charge sales tax .....some people will and some wont....and some will hold your orders until you get a case for better shipping rates or if the weather is too hot or cold they will offer free storage.....i almost forgot...you will always have to have an adult over 21 to sign for the package when its delivered....pm me with any other questions.....im sure i have left something out i should have said....
cgrman is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #110
AdelleAshcroft
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6881

I think that Cline Ancient Vines Zinfandel is a must!
AdelleAshcroft is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #111
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
CharlesTudor pm'd me and asked me to talk a little here about white wine.

-Another style of Chardonnay is the French White Burgundy. These are almost always completely un-oaked, and NEVER go through Malolactic Fermentation. Do not worry about brands with French wine too much, if they government allows the label to say Burgundy (or any other AOC) it is fit to drink, and you should be able to find good white Burgundy for less than $30 easily.

Well, not exactly. What you write is true for Chablis and most wines from the Macon. However, for the best regarded wines of the Cote d'Or, you are a bit off. While they are indeed Chardonnay grapes, they are aged in wood barrels with varying degrees of toast and varying percentages of new wood, depending on the producer. And all go through malolactic fermentation.

As for the $30 price range, you well be extremely hard pressed to get any white wines from the Cote d'Or other than perhaps a bourgogne blanc from a middle level producer for that price. Bourgogne blanc from better producers like LeRoy, Leflaive, Domaine A. et P. de Villaine, Arnaud Ente, etc. will likely set you back more than $30. Village wines or lesser premier crus will run $45 - 200+, depending on the producer. (I saw a Meursault Perrieres 1er cru 2007 from Coche Dury at a discounter just yesterday for $599. So the sky is the limit.) But if you stick with a good value, middle negocicant like Vincent Girardin, you should be able to snag premier crus under $75 if you're careful.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #112
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Well in the Cote d'Or they might have to use such wine engineering techniques because of the shorter growing season to cover up the unripe fruit. Though there may be some producers who allow malolactic fermentation in the Cote d'Or, I doubt it is "all". Did I say "none" well yes I did. But the reality is very very few.

This is also a primer for wine under $30. We may dissagree on which bottle is better, but my statement was that you can find good White Burgundy for less than $30 and that holds true in my opinion. I had a Macon-Uchizy last weekend that I spend less than $20 on and was one of the better bottles I have had. I prefer the steely/flinty whites to oak, butter lathered wines. And even the new world chardonnays would still not compare to the oak aged white burgundies in that the burgundian chardonnay grows at cooler temperatures, the flavors are not tropical, and the wines is more tight and complex than just grape jelly on buttered toast.

And to those of you googling any of this and you see articles on Burgundy that mention wines going through Malolactic Fermentation, remember almost all red wine goes through Malolactic fermentation.

I could sit and pontificate on DRC's, Cheval Blanc's, CDP's, That really nice bottle of Amarone I am holding on to for the right occaision etc... and on and on. But like I said earlier this was a simple primer on affordable wine.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women