Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default Retrosexual

Social Networking has spawned a trend of "retrosexuals":

A person who reaches into their own past to reconnect with an old flame, and then starts the romantid relationship again.

I don't like the idea of this becoming a trend. Imagine being flooded with people from past relationships hoping to rekindle? Spam is bad enough, spam from your past is a nightmare.

Must we really coin a phrase, label every human action? It's choking the human condition.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Oops, sorry I thought this was a thread about WTF
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Must we really coin a phrase, label every human action? It's choking the human condition.
Agreed...I just learned about "gender nonconformists" from my east coast friends earlier this week. With my dress code and do-it-myself home improvements these days, I just may pressure myself into labeling myself as one very soon.

Seriously, yeah, too many labels. Can't we just "be?"
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 AM   #4
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
Agreed...I just learned about "gender nonconformists" from my east coast friends earlier this week. With my dress code and do-it-myself home improvements these days, just may pressure myself into labeling myself as one very soon.

Seriously, yeah, too many labels. Can't we just "be?"
Now that's sexy!
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
terbul
Account Disabled

An early 70’s perspective.

Albert Hammond wrote it, and I like his version better but I can’t find it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--EqbOuIQSk"]YouTube- The Association-Names, Tags, Numbers, Labels[/ame]
terbul is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

I think the phenomenon of people trying to hook up with "old flames" stems from them trying to reclaim their youth. However, once back with the ex, we realize what about them made us leave (or them leave) in the first place. We kid ourselves into thinking we've grown and changed and are not the same person we once were so this time will be different - well, this is true to a point, but often we've grown even further away from what brought us together in the first place. It's romantic to think on the past with rose colored glasses. We gloss over the negative and it all seems so perfect. We just think we were to young and dumb to appreciate it at the time.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4"]YouTube- Nickelback - Photograph[/nomedia]
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

terbul,
I thought I knew a lot of music, but this was the first time I've heard that one. It reminds me of the topic of this lecture:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hJWC5IDyP8"]YouTube- Boonaa Mohammed - My Theory[/ame]

No need for labels.

Remember YOU are unique...

...just like EVERYONE else.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
I think the phenomenon of people trying to hook up with "old flames" stems from them trying to reclaim their youth. However, once back with the ex, we realize what about them made us leave (or them leave) in the first place. We kid ourselves into thinking we've grown and changed and are not the same person we once were so this time will be different - well, this is true to a point, but often we've grown even further away from what brought us together in the first place. It's romantic to think on the past with rose colored glasses. We gloss over the negative and it all seems so perfect. We just think we were to young and dumb to appreciate it at the time.
I agree in part; disagree in part. There are lots of cases where men and ladies have, after a full life, raising kids, and the death of a spouse, re-connected with a former love, have gotten married, and are thoroughly enjoying the new life and spouse. I say, more power to them; it may keep them young. I still dream of the "one that got away." From a distance, I've followed her career, I know the city in which she lives (I think), and many years ago, I called her out of the blue. It freaked her out and I never did it again. I know that we have both changed over the years and would now not probably click like we did in our early 20s (we are now in our 60s). On my part, it's not so much reclaiming youth (I'm happy with my age and where I am) as it is wondering what my life would have been like had we stayed together. And yes, I still feel that we were soul mates at the time. But in order to stay soul mates, people have to stay together; grow together.

NB, for the most part I think you're right. But there are exceptions to every rule (including this one, lol).
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I'd commented on the other board that I've reconnected with a number of former lovers via Facebook and basically got called a "man-whore."

In about half the cases I initiated the contact; in about half they did.

The intent though really isn't to renew a romance.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

So much about relationships is timing. For me I have on a few occasions met the one that got away at social events of mutual friends and who know what might happen today. Similarly the main relationship I was in would never have happened if we had met 10 years earlier, we likely would have loathed one another.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Oops, sorry I thought this was a thread about WTF
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Leah Ireland
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2966

[QUOTE=Nicolette Bordeauxva;111806]I think the phenomenon of people trying to hook up with "old flames" stems from them trying to reclaim their youth. However, once back with the ex, we realize what about them made us leave (or them leave) in the first place. We kid ourselves into thinking we've grown and changed and are not the same person we once were so this time will be different - well, this is true to a point, but often we've grown even further away from what brought us together in the first place. It's romantic to think on the past with rose colored glasses. We gloss over the negative and it all seems so perfect. We just think we were to young and dumb to appreciate it at the time."

I agree with most of this except the young and dumb part. When things are over, they're over.

But I think people are becoming more and more isolated with the quasi ways of relating these days, like the internet and compulsive phone talking, so my feeling is that maybe people are hankering after a time when more true connection was going on.
Leah Ireland is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm online too much but I hate the phone. Keep it short and sweet.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Sydneyb
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5481
Default Retro without the Sexual

I was recently contacted via facebook by an old love - my first love. We met in my early 20's/his mid 20s and it lasted 5 years, on and off. I loved, loved, loved that boy. For some reason, it was a struggle - I could never please him and felt very frustrated - and frankly, inadequate. I eventually left and hadn't spoken to him in more than 10 years when he contacted me.

While he lives on the other side of the country, he has an office within an hour of where I currently live and asked me to lunch. When we met he told me he was married now and wanted to both apologize for his behaviour when we were together and thank me for helping him become a better man and husband.

He explained that he was young and he was scared. I had a child and he knew that his life would have been very different than he had planned (he ended up being very successful and retiring by 45 - ironically, he and his wife were unable to have children; something he regrets). He explained that his poor behaviour was about him and his fears and it was never about us.

While some women would resent being the practice that made him a better man for someone else, I was happy to have been part of that good man's life. Having him apologize meant a lot to me. I for one, am very pleased to have had the opportunity to see a man that I loved deeply grow to be the man I knew he could be. There aren't many that I would want to come back into my life after that period of time, but this experience showed me that there are exceptions to that. So, thanks facebook!
Sydneyb is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Sydneyb--Really glad it worked out for you.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women