Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160187
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #16
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

If you use Google Voice be SURE not to activate voice mail on your true number, it will say your Google Voice name to any calls you don't answer.
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #17
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Trac phone was simple and painless. completely anonymous
GP is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
satyr77@live.com
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4
Default Skype

I use SKYPE for $30 a year all in. Plus $5 to clone my cell number.
I just use a Desk Microphone and Head phones at home and my cell phone when I am on the way to her house.

Satyr
satyr77@live.com is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
nebtex1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I use NET10 (it runs me $15 a month + tax, I buy 300 minutes for 2months @ $30, and I never run out of minutes since I don't use it much, btw the minutes rollover) as a hobby phone and my online account I have set my communication preference to only use e-mail. Of course it is a "hobby" e-mail on-line like yahoo, gmail etc.

I activated my phone from my work # and they only e-mail me or text my hobby phone (when my time needs to be renewed).

Musts ... if you have a SO:

Hobby phone (prepaid)
Hobby e-mail
Hobby bank account (on-line acct no paper mail). Hobby PO Box ... if they send paper mail.
Hobby Credit card if you must (I never use CC for hobbying ... only cash).
nebtex1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #20
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

Most "disposable" phones can also be activated using the internet at your local library as well.
No need for any ID or CC information to use that option.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

So, on the Net10 phones what would come up if you trace the number through reverse telephone directory? I did a search on a Net10 phone number recently, and got someone's name and income & value of that person's house...but the hobbyist who has the number told me that the information that is listed is incorrect...strange.

Can anyone shed some light?
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #22
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Reverse searches of throwaway phones are absolutely pointless. Typically, you'll pull up the number of whomever had the number before it was assigned to one of the pre paid companies.
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
JohnnyFarangly
Poke Her Face

Encounters: 2

T-Mobile store was happy with cash from 'John Smith'.
$100 for a year
JohnnyFarangly is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #24
grtrader
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post
Most "disposable" phones can also be activated using the internet at your local library as well.
If you activate it at a library ask them for a guest login and don't use your library card to use their PCs or you just failed.
grtrader is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #25
rgvpapi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likinikki View Post
So, on the Net10 phones what would come up if you trace the number through reverse telephone directory? I did a search on a Net10 phone number recently, and got someone's name and income & value of that person's house...but the hobbyist who has the number told me that the information that is listed is incorrect...strange.

Nikki, if you don't give them your real name, you wont have anything to worry about. As mentioned before, the info that popped up on your reverse search was probably another persons info (someone who probably wasn't using the phone to hobby and tied it to their personal info).
rgvpapi is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #26
Lazy
Valued Poster

Tracfone and NET10 can be activated online if you look at the bottom of the page there is a decline box below the personal info page. T-Mobile website you can enter a fake name on the pay as you go activation page. If you have an unlocked gsm phone buy the T-Mobile Nokia 1661 at Walmart for 14.88 last I checked for the SIM card so you can SIM swap so SO wont find hobby phone because regular phone is hobby phone. Just remember to swap back SIM.
Lazy is online now   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #27
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrader View Post
If you activate it at a library ask them for a guest login and don't use your library card to use their PCs or you just failed.
What gtrader said...but to elaborate on what used to be great for anon (&free) internet access (in just about any locale/great when traveling)....most are now requiring a library card....and yes you probably can get one under a fake name/addy at some point it just seems like an awful lot of work

As an aside if you haven't been to a public library in say 10-15 years, be prepared for a shock. In many, maybe half of the space is devoted to open access (for members) computers/internet access, which makes sense if the mission of the place really is serving the community's needs which includes internet access. In many the most popular titles are DVDs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likinikki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinBusinessTraveler View Post
Reverse searches of throwaway phones are absolutely pointless. Typically, you'll pull up the number of whomever had the number before it was assigned to one of the pre paid companies.
Yep - In general any of these online background search services are of questionable value unless you can establish a real identity (& from that are looking to vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebtex1 View Post
I use NET10 (it runs me $15 a month + tax, I buy 300 minutes for 2months @ $30, and I never run out of minutes since I don't use it much, btw the minutes rollover) as a hobby phone and my online account I have set my communication preference to only use e-mail. Of course it is a "hobby" e-mail on-line like yahoo, gmail etc.

I activated my phone from my work # and they only e-mail me or text my hobby phone (when my time needs to be renewed).

Musts ... if you have a SO:

Hobby phone (prepaid)
Hobby e-mail
Hobby bank account (on-line acct no paper mail). Hobby PO Box ... if they send paper mail.
Hobby Credit card if you must (I never use CC for hobbying ... only cash).
Such a careful guy accessing from work??? lol -- Actually probably not a big deal although I personally take a 100% seperation between work/hobby from a communications standpoint. And many big companies/office complexes have outgoing lines in conference rooms, so if you are too lazy to go to a pay phone, you could easily activate a phone from your office without it being tied to a # associated with you.

I don't know what you need a hobby bank account for...some variation of "cash under the mattress" (altough obviously not literally if you are sharing a bed with the SO) should suffice

Should you need/want a cc I suggest using a high denomination gift card without your name on it (that you pay with cash)

If you don't have anything in your name I don't know why you would need a physical mail addy (PO Box)
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #28
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Should you need/want a cc I suggest using a high denomination gift card without your name on it (that you pay with cash)
Just a note: current federal law requires CCs to be registered in your name (or at least a name). When I recently needed to pay my membership to P411, they stated they only accepted Green Dot cards now. Well, when looking into the GD cards, I discovered that they now needed to be registered w/ name and address. I think this is a Patriot Act thing, but not sure. I wound up going to a local grocery and getting a money order. No names, no addresses, etc. The cost for the GD was nearly $5 while the cost for the MO was under $1. Just my .02 (but not on a CC).
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote