Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
CJ7
Valued Poster

whats the over and under on who gives a rats ass ?

Geographical advantage for pounding pussy that COF wants to lick ... goes to CC
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Wow dude, that is only a Christian point of view, not an American point of view. You may disapprove of the Constitution, but it specifically calls for separation of church and state. Try reading a little more and listening a little less. You sound very cultish, and not very Christian-like. This is the very reason Repubs fail so often in politics.
It's not just a Christian point of view but an American one as well. There maybe a separation between church and state but that may not have everything to do with marriage. Marriage may have some unique properties. There is the legal marriage then the spiritual marriage that's why when we inherently think of a wedding we visualize the wedding taking place in church or place of worship. To end a marriage the legality must be severed. But long before that the emotional or spiritual marriage was dissolved. So marriage is not just a legal procedure it's also a spiritual journey.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
It's not just a Christian point of view but an American one as well. There maybe a separation between church and state but that may not have everything to do with marriage. Marriage may have some unique properties. There is the legal marriage then the spiritual marriage that's why when we inherently think of a wedding we visualize the wedding taking place in church or place of worship. To end a marriage the legality must be severed. But long before that the emotional or spiritual marriage was dissolved. So marriage is not just a legal procedure it's also a spiritual journey.
How exactly does the state regulate a spiritual journey? The answer is, it doesn't.

It is a spiritual journey only for the couple that got married. For everybody else (including other married people), it is just a socially approved living arrangement. And in that past, the benefits of that living arrangement were withheld from gay people.

So a gay person could not visit a sick partner in the hospital because he or she was not family.

A gay could not inherit from a partner that died without a will.

A gay could not automatically be included in family health benefits from an employer.

The list of incidents of discrimination goes on and on.

All because you want to protect some vague "spiritual" journey, whatever that is.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Only Christians and other religious people think of it taking place in a church or place of worship. The rest think of the public courthouse or a benign place. And for some it is only a legal procedure and there is no emotional attachment to the other whatsoever. Have to try and remember, you and other religious people are not the only one's on the face of the planet and not everyone lives by how you perceive they should, and rightfully so.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
How exactly does the state regulate a spiritual journey? The answer is, it doesn't.

It is a spiritual journey only for the couple that got married. For everybody else (including other married people), it is just a socially approved living arrangement. And in that past, the benefits of that living arrangement were withheld from gay people.

So a gay person could not visit a sick partner in the hospital because he or she was not family.

A gay could not inherit from a partner that died without a will.

A gay could not automatically be included in family health benefits from an employer.

The list of incidents of discrimination goes on and on.

All because you want to protect some vague "spiritual" journey, whatever that is.
Iam not trying to protect anything. Just because I happen to be opposed to same sex marriages doesn't make me un-American or unchristian like or cultist as I've been called. That's my views and it's as simple as that.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Gay marriage is a mockery of what god intended for marriage to be. Something's should be regarded as sacred, marriage between man and women is one of them, but unfortunately many people don't see it that way.
This from a guy who has 4 reviews to his credit.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Only Christians and other religious people think of it taking place in a church or place of worship. The rest think of the public courthouse or a benign place. And for some it is only a legal procedure and there is no emotional attachment to the other whatsoever. Have to try and remember, you and other religious people are not the only one's on the face of the planet and not everyone lives by how you perceive they should, and rightfully so.
You stated that to some,marriage is only a legal procedure with no emotional attachment to the other what so ever. I think that one statement could be the basis for same sex marriages. Gays are not looking for the emotional aspect of their relationship to getting married, but rather the legal enterprises that marriage offers them. To me that seems superficial.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #23
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
This from a guy who has 4 reviews to his credit.
What do reviews have to do with this subject?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
What do reviews have to do with this subject?
Please tell me you're joking.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Please tell me you're joking.
What is so special about your five reviews?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #26
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
You stated that to some,marriage is only a legal procedure with no emotional attachment to the other what so ever. I think that one statement could be the basis for same sex marriages. Gays are not looking for the emotional aspect of their relationship to getting married, but rather the legal enterprises that marriage offers them. To me that seems superficial.
What do you mean "could be the basis for same sex marriages"? That IS obviously a basis for same sex marriages already present in Christianity and many other religions. No one is trying to take that away from you. Last I heard though, some gay people love each other and do have emotional attachments, adopt children and love that child, some even have children from a previous marriage to an opposite sex partner and I'm sure they love their own children. What is your reasoning that they shouldn't be allowed to do so, other than your religious beliefs, which do not pertain to law?
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I just wish we could talk poor JD out of the closet.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #28
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
What is so special about your five reviews?
Oh brother. Ok, let me spell it out for you.

Quote:
Gay marriage is a mockery of what god intended for marriage to be.
And prostitution is a mockery of what God intended for sex to be.

The only thing worse than you telling us we should live under the laws of your God, is you telling us that you get to decide which of God's laws we're obligated to live under.

Get it now?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #29
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Oh brother. Ok, let me spell it out for you.

And prostitution is a mockery of what God intended for sex to be.

The only thing worse than you telling us we should live under the laws of your God, is you telling us that you get to decide which of God's laws we're obligated to live under.

Get it now?
Yeah I get your twisted little spoke. Iam not telling you how to live your life or what God's Laws you should adhere to. I was just posting my views on same sex marriages. iam not for it, and I stated my reasons why. As far as sex with a prostitute being a mockery of what God intended for sex to be, yeah I suppose that's true, if it's based solely on lust, which could be the case with any women.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #30
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The reason is that it is California. What is illegal will still be done, even by elected officials. They chose to ignore the law rather than change it. The SCOTUS decision eliminated everything that happened legally because the opponents of gay marriage had no legal standing. That means everything from the initial injunction is gone and undone. The law (Prop 8) stands....for the moment. The same people will get an injunction against enforcing Prop 8 and it will happen. Now it is California. That means that no one will go to jail for breaking this law in California. In a couple of weeks they will have their injunction and the Governor and State Attorney General will not do their jobs and challenge the injunction and that will be that. So much for the will of the people who if you remember voted against gay marriage by over 60%.

Why does the left keep bringing up religion? It would seem that they have something against the free exercise guaranteed by the Constitution. As for the Bible, I am no expert, but I can only recall a few times that prostitution was mentioned in the Bible. Mary Magdalene was supposed to be a prostitute and she was Jesus's best girl. When the elders asked Jesus about the woman committing adultery (not prostitution but nearly always misinterpreted), Jesus told her to go and sin no more. Adultery is against the ten commandments. Then there was Soddom and Gomorrah. I don't remember prostitution being in there except for the woman who helped the angels. So prosititutes seem to be in pretty good company in the Bible. And do I have to remind you that Jesus said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. I guess that goes for what Caesar's wife has too.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women