Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70382
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #91
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
The confederate flag represents secession, slavery and bigotry.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT REPRESENTS?
No insinuation was made it represents much else, though in the truest sense it represents The Confederate States of America. I'd like to think we could discuss the first topic you mentioned without legitimizing the other two, and I only said its unfortunate that is not so, which was qiuckly proven.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #92
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Do you regard Atheism as a religion? I've always known atheism as the denial of religion. It teaches no cause, nature or purpose of the universe.
Religions are just beliefs....just like Atheism is.

In that regard, they are all Philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_religion
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #93
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
6:00 PM CST, opponents of gay marriage file an injunction with the Supreme Court to stop any futher gay marriages in California.

Told ya.

Quote:
Unbelievable! I put down fact and SSOB wants to argue with it. Hey, the sun came up this morning SSOB. Care to argue the point? Or are you just trying to make fun of the way I speak. Funny, I have heard that so many times. I talk over the heads of the local morons and they don't like it....do you SSOB?

I made fun of you saying 'Told ya".

Just like if you said the sun was coming up in the morning. I would make fun of that You state the obvious and then act as if you have the scoop on breaking news.

So you confuse wtf I was making fun of...everybody knew there was a lawsuit coming. You acting as if you and only you knew it is idiotic and I make fun of idiots that think they are smart.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #94
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

I should probably answer my own question.

I think Utah or a deep South state like Mississippi or Alabama will be the last. However, in all likelihood, there will be a cluster of holdout states that will qualify as last when the Supreme Court finally rules that states cannot discriminate against gays in marriage laws.

I hope Texas legalizes it soon - at least be one of the first half of states. Preferably the first third of states, although time is running out on that.

Texas needs to avoid being one of the last and stupidest bastions of bigotry. Don't be in the final 10 or 15 states when the Supreme Court finally makes it unconstitutional to discriminate in marriage laws.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #95
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Unbelievable! I put down fact and SSOB wants to argue with it. Hey, the sun came up this morning SSOB. Care to argue the point? Or are you just trying to make fun of the way I speak. Funny, I have heard that so many times. I talk over the heads of the local morons and they don't like it....do you SSOB?

As for something a couple of days ago (I've been gone): NWA was talking about the way government should be; the federal says one thing and the state says another or vice versa. The problem is that in California the people have the power and right to say what they want. They did and the state is saying that it doesn't count. Is that the way government is supposed to work?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8

52% of the population voting said yes to Prop 8 (or NO to gay marriage). 79% of the population voted. There were 300,000 invalid ballots so the yes's won by almost 5% or by the same percentage that Obama beat McCain.
Since you mentioned my name, just to clarify: The citizens of CA voted to ban gay marriage. Then the courts of that state said that the law was discriminating and therefore unconstitutional. SCOTUS kicked it back to the lower courts ruling. To answer your question, yes that is the way it is supposed to work in the United States.
The idea of voter initiative is an outlet for when the majority cannot get representation, but it doesn't give them unfettered right to pass discriminatory laws.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #96
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Mississippi ... They just officially outlawed slavery!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #97
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

State of despair..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #98
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Didn't Alabama or something just also lift their ban on interracial marriage? I'm voting for Alabama, Mississippi, or Arkansas.

Texas will probably also be one of the ones the Feds will eventually have to force but we do have some pretty large liberal pockets in the form of our large cities so one can always hope.

@ExNYer: Just curious, but do you have any links to studies on polygamy? I actually think much of human history and the world was in a polygamous state, so I'm curious to see if there is any scientific data on it. I personally have no issues with polygamy. If people want to do it, more power to them.

The argument that gays shouldn't be able to marry because they might do it for financial reasons is bunk. Heterosexual couples already do it today for those reasons but no one credible is trying to outlaw that. Right now, I'd even posit that gay couples would actually have less of a chance of marrying for purely financial reasons (as if that is somehow a bad thing - a discussion for a different thread) due to them being denied the right to marry heir partner for so long, they would appreciate it more.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women