Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Six Plainclothes Cops Attack and Arrest University of Virginia Sorority Woman After She Buys Water From Grocery Store

This is where we are headed, when respect for liberty dies. Everyone is a suspect, no one is innocent, the government is always right, even when it is wrong. Think this is an isolated incident? Not anymore. Here's the story.

Modern policing! Public safety! No amount of snarky irony can prepare you for this tale of police idiocy in the name of the most minor and absurd of laws, reported in Daily Progress out of Virginia:

When a half-dozen men and a woman in street clothes closed in on University of Virginia student Elizabeth Daly, 20, she and two roommates panicked.

That led to Daly spending a night and an afternoon in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. Her initial offense? Walking to her car with bottled water, cookie dough and ice cream just purchased from the Harris Teeter in the Barracks Road Shopping Center for a sorority benefit fundraiser.

A group of state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents clad in plainclothes approached her, suspecting the blue carton of LaCroix sparkling water to be a 12-pack of beer. Police say one of the agents jumped on the hood of her car. She says one drew a gun. Unsure of who they were, Daly tried to flee the darkened parking lot.

"They were showing unidentifiable badges after they approached us, but we became frightened, as they were not in anything close to a uniform," she recalled Thursday in a written account of the April 11 incident.

"I couldn't put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car. They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were ... terrified," Daly stated.

The authorities agree with her tale, but, you know, she had pissed the cops off by then.

Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Chapman read Daly's account and said it was factually consistent.

Prosecutors say she apologized profusely when she realized who the agents were. But that wasn't good enough for ABC agents, who charged her with three felonies. Prosecutors withdrew those charges Thursday in Charlottesville General District Court, but Daly still can't understand why she sat in jail....

Agents charged Daly with two counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer and one count of eluding police, all Class 6 felonies carrying a maximum penalty of five years in prison and $2,500 in fines per offense....

Daly incurred the assault charges when she "grazed" two agents with her SUV, according to court records. She drove the SUV past the agents after her front-seat passenger, in a panic, yelled at Daly to "go, go, go" and climbed into the rear of the vehicle to gain space from the men on her side of the car, the records state...

Oh, the irony!

The women dialed 911 as they pulled out of the parking lot to report what was happening and ask whether the agents were police officers. Daly said she was planning to drive to a police station. She stopped the SUV nearby for an agent driving a vehicle with lights and sirens, Chapman said.

Fortunately, the charges were dropped, but that doesn't negate the gestapo like tactics of the Federal police.

Hey, you are the ones supporting this. Hope you like it. Hey, as long as you're not doing anything illegal, you have nothing to fear, right? Tell that to these girls.

More here: http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/28/si...ack-and-arrest
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

Liberty is dead and the country is doomed because of some cops with overactive imaginations? Idiot cops like this have always been with us. Your shit is weak today COG. Get back to Google and find something more convincing and outrageous than this to serve as your daily gloomy assertion regarding the demise of our country please.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

snick
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

gestapo like tactics? ...lol

the cops overreacted to someone who may or may not have cooperated with them.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Is this all part of Obama's War on Sorority Women?

SNICK!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
gestapo like tactics? ...lol

the cops overreacted to someone who may or may not have cooperated with them.
I'm guessing that if she would have cooperated..........nothing.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I'm guessing that if she would have cooperated..........nothing.
Cooperate for buying water? You either get it or you don't I guess.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
jpdabeast
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Please YSSUP RIDER this is nothing new or do you just not listen to or have you never read a newspaper these kinds of acts have been happening since before Obama was even born get a clue and make some sense
jpdabeast is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Cooperate for buying water?
Yup. Explain that that's what she did, and we have no issue here, do we?

Quote:
You either get it or you don't I guess.
Clearly.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Yup. Explain that that's what she did, and we have no issue here, do we?

Clearly.
She did not, and should not have to. If the police did not know what she had purchased, and obviously they did not, they should of either obtained that knowledge for themselves or kept on walking. Why would you want the police to arrest everybody that walks out of a convenience store carrying a container to determine if it was water or beer?
The police admitted they were wrong and dropped all charges, why would you argue against me and the police or try to make it an issue? If you don't like the OP, fine, but to argue the point that the police themselves already conceded seems futile at best.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

".....Walking to her car with bottled water, cookie dough and ice cream just purchased ...."

What? No Skittles? Totally unnecessary police action taken in the absence of Skittles. No P.C.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
mad469s
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Is this all part of Obama's War on Sorority Women?

SNICK!
It's definitely part of HIS war on society. Now I expect some shit from the "OBAMA KOOL AID" drinkers.
mad469s is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
She did not, and should not have to.
Should a gun be pulled on someone who only allegedly bought beer? Of course not.

But on the same token, should someone try to run from authorities when they've done nothing wrong? Nope.

If you're doing nothing wrong, but decide you're gonna run that police checkpoint anyways, expect consequences. That's all i'm sayin'.

And the fact that there are consequences for that doesn't mean we're turning into a police state. Unless you're paranoid, of course.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

What authorities? The account doesn't show anyone acting like they are the real authorities. I lived in New Orleans for a while when the infamous blue light bandit was attacking, raping, and robbing women. He got that name because he had installed a flashing blue light behind his grill. The police response was to tell women if they are being pulled over by a single unmarked car then slow down and continue to drive to a police station or until a second car joins the pursuit.

These cowboys (they were state not federal) were acting out some TV fantasy. I'll bet one guy probably never took off his sunglasses and made snarky remarks. Wait! There's an idea for comedy TV show. Bring back the old cops from other TV shows into one production; Crockett and Tubbs, Cagney and Lacey, Friday and Gannon, Andy and Barney, Wojo and Nick, ....I digress

Doove you know that classic answer to that, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone is not out to get you. Then of course you weren't paranoid.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
What authorities? The account doesn't show anyone acting like they are the real authorities. I lived in New Orleans for a while when the infamous blue light bandit was attacking, raping, and robbing women. He got that name because he had installed a flashing blue light behind his grill. The police response was to tell women if they are being pulled over by a single unmarked car then slow down and continue to drive to a police station or until a second car joins the pursuit.

The same could be said of good ole George Zimmerman. That is why the stupid SOB is going to get convicted.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women