Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #46
guest051312
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Enderwiggin, Have you ever seen a provider that didn't deliver the session you wanted? If so, you wasted your money didn't you. I didn't donate any cash, but I can understand why others did. Aspd was a family for alot of folks out there, as for saving the data, alot of us have backed up our stuff so we can transfer it to the new site or elsewhere if it happened. Just my .02 worth
guest051312 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #47
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmsouth View Post
Enderwiggin, Have you ever seen a provider that didn't deliver the session you wanted? If so, you wasted your money didn't you. I didn't donate any cash, but I can understand why others did. Aspd was a family for alot of folks out there, as for saving the data, alot of us have backed up our stuff so we can transfer it to the new site or elsewhere if it happened. Just my .02 worth
True, but I knew going into those situations that I had no way of knowing what I was going to get. They are using ASPD's reputation as currency to convince us that the new website will be valuable, and unless they transfer the database, I remain unconvinced.

As for the "family" atmosphere, they've done wonders over there alienating many great members. Not a very welcoming atmosphere at the moment and it remains to be seen what the new site will be like, what "rules" they will have in place and which members will make their way over there.

You're right about many of us backing up our data, but that was done out of self-interest, not to preserve ASPD. If they don't transfer the database, I'd wager to say that the overwhelming majority of the research and intel on ASPD will be lost, and that's its true value IMHO, not some perceived sense of community.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #48
OG-Slippery
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

I really hope they are able to bring up the old database and start a new site with up-to-date software. The hobby community is big enough to support multiple sites that cooperate together.
OG-Slippery is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #49
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
Who asks for "donations" to start a business and promises NOTHING in return except for a preferred membership status? . . . Who actually gives away their money like that?
Actually, that was how ASPD started. Amber set it up and then at some point had to "pass the hat" for donations to cover costs and keep it going. Quite a few of the early members donated. It was an "leap of faith" by the community, supporting an idea that they wanted to see succeed. It was only later, when it was more established and people had a good idea of what they would be getting, that paid memberships were instituted. I wasn't around at the time, but I've read the old threads. And I've seen similar requests for donations/support to cover costs for at least a couple of other boards in their early days. Often they're not started by people with deep pockets to self-finance or even an objective to turn it into a profitable business, but by people who just want to establish something better for the community. It's more a labor of love than a business.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into donating to that new site -- that's y'all's decision. Just pointing out that it's not all that uncommon in P4P.
Chevalier is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #50
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
Actually, that was how ASPD started. Amber set it up and then at some point had to "pass the hat" for donations to cover costs and keep it going. Quite a few of the early members donated. It was an "leap of faith" by the community, supporting an idea that they wanted to see succeed. It was only later, when it was more established and people had a good idea of what they would be getting, that paid memberships were instituted. I wasn't around at the time, but I've read the old threads. And I've seen similar requests for donations/support to cover costs for at least a couple of other boards in their early days. Often they're not started by people with deep pockets to self-finance or even an objective to turn it into a profitable business, but by people who just want to establish something better for the community. It's more a labor of love than a business.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into donating to that new site -- that's y'all's decision. Just pointing out that it's not all that uncommon in P4P.
I didn't know any of that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It doesn't really change the way I see the past few days, but I suppose there may be a precedent for asking people to give you money to start a board.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #51
yardape
Valued Poster

It's Internet America, the more the merrier. I think it's reasonable behavior to let the dust settle, allow all these sites populated with former ASPD members the opportunity to get new registrants validated, new members to find their way around, etc. For many if not most of us there are practical limits to how many hobbying web sites we have time to keep up with. And safety has to stay at the top of the priorities list. ECCIE (and Home2) have been around a while and the managers have plenty of experience, know what they're doing with the technology and the traffic. We'll see what generates the right "buzz," which is so critical to a web community's healthy growth.
yardape is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #52
Guest021010-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

[I am copying my post from another thread because I think it pertains.]
I will check in with eraps from time to time.
"Did you ever hear of the boardgame TWIXT (c. 1968 by 3M Company)? It is a strategy game of building a fence to cross a board while blocking your opponent from crossing the board. A single move can change the momentum, requiring you to abandon a current fence line, and start a new fence. It seems complicated and simple (a paradox) but is a hoot to play.
ASPD as a site is dying, and the community is dividing with some rancor. It is easy to kick someone when they are down and powerless to resist. Such are the acts of bullies, IMHO. I am not taking sides, but I am reflecting on the death of ASPD, a site which we respect and wish to maintain in form if not in name. Death is almost always ugly, even grotesque. Let the dying die.
Let this site and community be a positive place from the get-go.

All that being said, the aspd owners' family evidently had various unspoken issues (I do not need to know) which apparently prevented their continuing the old site. Hence the demise of the old ASPD site. That family is starting the new site with a new vision.
I wish them well. I will check in from time to time.
I for one am not taking sides, but wishing well to both sides.

This site has borrowed a lot from aspd in format.
I am not an atty, but as a civilian see an obvious infringement of copyright in the design, format, and even in using certain names (ASPD, and the recently deceased founder) in one of the forums. I do not advocate conflict. But the founders of this site should not be surprised if the aspd owners' family protects its interest the same way Disney protested the 'borrowing' or other unauthorized use of Mickey's image (and others). Just something to consider. A way to avoid that might be to approach them with an offer of acknowledgment or other compensation by which to acquire their formal permission or acquiesence to this site's design and format.
Please accept this as a word to the wise.

I am not taking sides.

Let the good times roll.

HNY!

Randy
"
Guest021010-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #53
HoneyRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 112
My ECCIE Reviews

They had the best chance when ASPD was down several months in early 2009. (The mirror site that was set up then (Home 2) they now say they had nothing to do with.) Too bad they didn't own a mirror site they could refer members to via email.

It was during that time that a some of us found other boards and joined. Surprisingly, a lot of the membership didn't find other sites so none of the new boards were as active as ASPD had been.

Letting everyone mention other boards and even promoting one of the other boards in her signature line for a few days shows that they didn't have the idea of creating their own board until too late. A lot of the membership has already moved on to other homes.

We could move to eraps at some point, but the longer we stay in new homes and establish posts and rep, the less likely we'll be to invest much time in a new place.

Between the down times and Amber's long illness, another site would have been an excellent back up idea but the idea came too late.
HoneyRose is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #54
wackatronic
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
Who actually gives away their money like that? If you're interested in donating, I've got some business opportunities for you too.
The way I see it, I donated each month for BCD access. They will be collecting "memberships" anyway so donating to get what you could pay for anyway and see nothing for it, total BS.

Also I didn't like the fact that Angel(forgetmesoon) contacting me through my hobby account without even asking permission because she has access to the address wasn't very good. Due to that I immediately cancelled my payments to ASPD.

Now they are not allowing any mention of possible competing websites and ECCIE was friendly with them.

Just bury ASPD and be through with it....
wackatronic is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #55
textodd11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Default The family missed the boat...

I agree with enderwiggen and Honeyrose here.

The new site that Angel is trying to set up is off on the wrong foot. Quite frankly, the new owners need some not-so-subtle lessons in customer service. People simply had questions about how the new site would be set up and if they would be receiving anything in return for (now let's be honest here and call it what it is) startup capital on a commercial venture and were dismissed with an incredibly condescending attitude.

Last year I proposed in the San Antonio coed thread for small ($50-$100) donations in order to update the ASPD software, hosting packages, etc. that had been outdated for YEARS but received absolutely no interest from any mods, owners... no one. Now, when the sh!t has hit the fan, they're asking for $1000 donations? They missed the boat, are in a panic, have no business model to articulate to potential members/donors and are currently showing very poor business skills which would assure donors of not wasting their money.

Having said all that, I truly hope it works but Ender is right, the DATA is by FAR the most valuable thing they own. A close second was an implied mission statement (even if not written) to truly protect and provide a safe service to providers and hobbiest alike. Without a committment to those two things, they'll be just another board probably doomed for failure. I hope not.

I've started and sold for profit 3 different Internet ventures since 1999 and everytime, it has been the data that is the most valuable asset when itemized in the negotiated sale price.
textodd11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #56
SloaneMacallan
Account Disabled

User ID: 2860
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Adams View Post
In the early morning hours on ASPD, they (AngelImNot) revealed the new, powerful review site that they kept referring too regarding the initial launch of an ASPD-esque site and she even provided the URL, www.eraps.net

What do you ladies and gentleman think? Will you be moving there? Retaining an open mind?

Just curious. I will have to check it out when it is complete.

Angelina
Honestly, I think who cares, I sure do not. There is this board is way more than sufficient to take its place and for back up there are a few others out there that treat the members way better. Good Luck to them, but I think more will be happy here with everything that they have put members through.
SloaneMacallan is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #57
RobRoy
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I did not care much for the philosophy or management attitudes of ASPD.
Having said that I do not anticipate the new board being significantly different.
Will I visit it from time to time? Sure. Any source of reliable intelligence is worth checking out.
But I plan to focus my energies on my home board INDYS.COM (which is strong in my home area) and ECCIE.NET which just sort of has an "at home" feel to it already. Of course, I am hoping to see it grow more in areas beyond its current scope.
I think its never wise to put all ones eggs in the same basket.

RR
RobRoy is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #58
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I plan to just let ASPD drift off to Asgard, the home of the Gods, in my memory. I know Angel and her followers may have good intentions, but the last few weeks of her at the helm was all I needed to see.

If they run this new board anything like how they ruined all of Amber's initial opus, well I want no part of it. Hopefully they will not soil the good name of ASPD any further. It is one thing to import the database, it is another to suggest it is the same when it is not.

I agree with others. They made several huge mistakes. First, they alienated folks and caused them to look elsewhere. Second, they waited to long to unveil a replacement site.

That window gave us time to find this wonderful place. I seriously doubt the ability of her and her hand-picked lackies to even get the site off the ground, much less rival this great place.

I am home. Thank you ECCIE!
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #59
johnnybax
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
I plan to just let ASPD drift off to Asgard, the home of the Gods, in my memory. I know Angel and her followers may have good intentions, but the last few weeks of her at the helm was all I needed to see.

If they run this new board anything like how they ruined all of Amber's initial opus, well I want no part of it. Hopefully they will not soil the good name of ASPD any further. It is one thing to import the database, it is another to suggest it is the same when it is not.

I agree with others. They made several huge mistakes. First, they alienated folks and caused them to look elsewhere. Second, they waited to long to unveil a replacement site.

That window gave us time to find this wonderful place. I seriously doubt the ability of her and her hand-picked lackies to even get the site off the ground, much less rival this great place.

I am home. Thank you ECCIE!
johnnybax is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #60
johnnybax
Ambassador

To answer TS original question, I will not be going the the new "eraps"
johnnybax is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women