Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453027
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47746
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default BOB WOODWARD (MULTI WINNER OF PULITIZER): OBAMA REPEATEDLY LIED ABOUT RESPONSIBLITY FOR BUDGET SEQUESTRATION CUTS

Woodward: Obama repeatedly lied about responsibility for budget sequester cuts

President Barack Obama and former White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew repeatedly lied by last year by claiming congressional Republicans were responsible for the looming $85 billion cut in the federal budget through sequestration, according to The Washington Post editor Bob Woodward.

Based on interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved in budget planning, Obama personally approved Lew’s plan to propose the mandatory trigger to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in July 2011.

A majority of Republicans ultimately voted for the Budget Control Act, which included the sequester.

“The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed,” Obama said during the third presidential debate with Mitt Romney. “It is something that Congress has proposed.”

Woodward noted that Lew echoed the same line while campaigning for the president in Florida in October 2012.

“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said, adding that it “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

Earlier this month, at his confirmation hearing to be treasury secretary, Lew all but admitted Woodward’s account is correct.

“What I did was said that with all other options closed, we needed to look for an option where we could agree on how to resolve our differences,” Lew told Republican Sen. Richard Burr. “And we went back to the 1984 plan that Senator [Phil] Gramm and Senator [Warren] Rudman worked on, and said that that would be a basis for having a consequence that would be so unacceptable to everyone that we would be able to get action.”

Woodward took Lew’s statement as confirming the aides’ account.

“So when the president asks that a substitute for the sequester include not just spending cuts but also new revenue, he is moving the goal posts,” Woodward said. “His call for a balanced approach is reasonable, and he makes a strong case that those in the top income brackets could and should pay more. But that was not the deal he made.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/23/wo...#ixzz2LjF34knP
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

From the headlines around the country:

Obama’s fanciful claim that Congress ‘proposed’ the sequester (Washington Post)

WaPo and Politifact Agree Sequestration Was Obama’s; Obama Once Vowed Veto to Keep (RedState)

Obama can’t rightly say the sequester isn’t his (PolitiFact)

Obama’s sequester deal-changer (WaPo)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

good article but the only thing i recoil at is the need to accuse republicans of similar things (lying) whenever there is the slightest element of truth in a main stream news media piece about democrats or obama

of course the accusations of political lying by republicans are just made without any details.

woodward, in reflexive need to save face with the liberal cocktail party set, does the same thing
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Again, are you for cutting government spending or not?

You seem more consumed with your hatred for the president than you are for your own vision of government.

BTW-- how did you feel about Woodward bringing down the Nixon government? We're you with him or against him then? He can be a bulldog.

I'd also suggest that your new god has also written unflatteringly about Obama since the beginning.

So why do keep posting the same fucking thread every other day?

If you're for government budget cuts, then you gotta be for the sequester. You've got to support your Republican and Teapublican brothers and sisters who passed it.

otherwise, I can only conclude that you believe in obstructionism at any cost.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Again, are you for cutting government spending or not?

You seem more consumed with your hatred for the president than you are for your own vision of government.
if you are talking to me i wish you would make sense
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
if you are talking to me i wish you would make sense
Talking to WHIRLYTURD, the master of logic, not talking to you. Nevergaveyouathought...

But do you or don't you stand for government spending cuts?

Do you or don't you believe that Woodward has been increasingly critical of Obama?

Did you oppose the sequester? Why or why not? It cuts government spending, after all.

If you opposed the sequester, what did you do to urge your elected officials to defeat it? I assume you do more than just whine online, right?

Or was it that little thing about "forcing" Congress to do its job that you didn't like?

If you can't make sense out of any of those questions, what do you suggest I do to help you?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

What a schmuck Whatzup! Of course WE ARE for government spending reductions but this is sequestration not the targeting of fat but the cutting of muscle. I don't hear you coming out for either and the original post shows that it was Obama's idea. Do you at least accept that? It was Obama's idea and he calls the cuts that are going to happen. That means that any weakness, any lapses, any discomfort, any inconvenience will be his fault. Do you accept that?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I support cutting government spending..............the question is why did Obama propose, lobby, and threaten veto of the sequestration, if he is now against it...and more importantly, why is Obama running away from his sequestration idea and trying to blame the GOP for the fallout from the cuts he wanted ?

Any ideas AssUpHisHead ?

Old 02-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Yssup Rider
BANNED

I accept that he proposed it. I have never denied it. I do and continue to find the jist of these threads to be hypocritical bullshit, though.

I do not blame Obama for House Republicans' obstructionism and unwillingness to do what it took to avoid this.

I do not blame Obama for all the House Republicans who supported and voted for the bill, which was pushed through by John Boehner.

I do find it incredibly laughable that Congress managed to pass the sequester legislation and isn't really able to pass anything else.

Therefore I do not believe Obama should shoulder the blame for "any weakness, any lapses, any discomfort, any inconvenience."

In my opinion, POTUS drew a line in the sand and House Republicans refused to flinch ... after all, they're all scared shitless of being primaried by the TP next year (this summer is when it'll all begin). They've got to take AT LEAST half the blame for any "discomfort or inconvenience" that the cuts will bring to hard working Americans like you and me. (And I'm not so sure about you.)

The rest of this just more arguing over which cuts you're going to make. If the sequester didn't touch defense spending, you guys would be praising Obama. BUT NOOOOO.....

CLARO?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Obama lies every time he opens his mouth.

He wanted sequestration and he may just get it.
It will be humorous when all the lies he is telling do not come true.

82 billion is but a drop in the bucket when it comes to the overall spending of this administration.
Nobody will really notice.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

It is political science 101
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

If you say so...but these posts by you (and others) implies otherwise; you questioned Woodward's assertions that the Sequestration was Obama's idea; now you feign something different.....but let's take you at your word..........

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=29

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=47

And by extension of logic; had Obama followed a different path, the Sequestration cuts would not have been necessary, therefore, any fallout in the economy as a result of the Obama Sequestration cuts will be on Obama's shoulders, NOT the GOP as I am sure you (Obama and others) will try to shift blame to !

That is the Obama strategy; to place blame for any setback in the economy on the GOP..when in reality it is Obama's economy and his sequestration cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
[B]I accept that he proposed it. I have never denied it.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
BANNED

So where are the denials in those posts? More bullshit from Whirlyturd.

Are we not allowed to question the foundations upon which you build your outrageous paranoid rants? Are we supposed to accept them all as FACTS JACK?

Who approved the bill? Obama or the GOP dominated House? It's a game of chicken that puts us all at risk. However, yours is a game of chickenshit!

Like Oscar Pistorius. You've got no leg to stand on!

BTW... Where's the actual Woodward story? Your link is just the Daily Caller's spin of it spun up even more by you, Whirlyturd.

Where are the words "repeated lied" ever written?

I think we deserve some honesty out of you and the bullshit machine!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Well, Obama says sequestration wasn't his idea....you and many others like myself seem to agree it was.....that pretty much defines a lie...and wrap this statement into it and it makes Obama out to be an even bigger liar (to the American public)........

“I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts, domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off ramps on this one.”

He is now begging for the sequestration cuts to NOT occur; and he is positioning to blame the GOP if the cuts happen...yet he demanded the cuts !

Pretty much a liar in my book...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Yeah, we know about your book.

But you've misquoted Bob Woodward and argued on that act of dishonesty.

Obamas credibility isn't the issue here.

YOURS IS!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women