Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67
Default Washington Post --- GOP has itself to blame for the sequester

Bob Woodward works for this paper if I'm not mistaken...

Republicans have only themselves to blame for the sequester
Posted by Hilary Rosen on February 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...the-sequester/

In the past, I have been open to letting the sequester go ahead because I believe that it is critical that we reduce defense spending in this country. We treat the Pentagon budget as though it is an unlimited pot of money and frankly, when it comes to the military-industrial complex, that makes for bad decisions.

But after the Republican antics this week on the sequester, combined with the President’s articulate concern for those who will be affected, I’m convinced that, despite the attractiveness of the sequester, Republicans in Congress must get their act together on a real sustainable deal.

Flanked by first responders whose jobs and safety could be placed at risk in the coming days, President Obama criticized the “meat cleaver approach” of the sequester’s cuts. He has rightly focused on the potential human cost of what has been largely an abstraction to politicians and pundits alike: teachers, firemen, and law enforcement agents could all face furloughs or worse. And yet the latest round of debate has been almost exclusively focused on who came up with the sequestration idea in the first place. Only in Washington could we waste so much time debating the origins of a crisis as it stares us in the face.

The president is right to worry: There is a real threat that these indiscriminate cuts will seriously damage the economic recovery. It comes as no surprise, then, that he is seeking to highlight the damaging nature of these cuts and place the blame on congressional Republicans. The implementation of the sequester, painful as it will be, is not meant to torture the taxpayers; it is meant to force the Republicans to act in good faith.

The Republicans have a remarkably incoherent position on the sequester: It is a terrible policy that must be replaced with a cuts-only solution, they say, but there is no actual GOP plan that fits this description. Republicans seem to be hoping that President Obama will negotiate with himself until they are satisfied.

But he has wisely called their bluff. After all, while spending cuts may poll well in the abstract, the implementation of these cuts will prove unpopular – and the public is prepared to blame the GOP. The Republicans deserve that blame: Regardless of the provenance of the sequestration scheme, only President Obama has been serious about defusing it. The Republican “all-cuts” position is not a compromise or even a fleshed-out policy proposal; it’s an intransigent statement of a rejected ideology. Until they accept the fact that they lost the last election, President Obama is right to apply pressure. If they feel cornered by the sequester’s cost, then, it’s a burden of their own making.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The left wing press is out in full force trying to protect Obama from criticism because of the Sequestration cuts he wanted, defended, and fought for !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Sup, man you really need to put down that bong. Lol
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Woodward: Obama repeatedly lied about responsibility for budget sequester cuts

President Barack Obama and former White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew repeatedly lied by last year by claiming congressional Republicans were responsible for the looming $85 billion cut in the federal budget through sequestration, according to The Washington Post editor Bob Woodward.

Based on interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved in budget planning, Obama personally approved Lew’s plan to propose the mandatory trigger to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in July 2011.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/23/wo...#ixzz2LjF34knP

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=678099
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

ROTFLMAO !!! Bring on the cuts bitches. I LOVE it when oblowme's bullshit backfires.

2% off is bad?!?! Hahaha what a JOKE! Noone believes it had thing one to do w the R. Y'all better step up your idiotic game. Yawn.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Time to stop stepping on your own dick Whatzup. The GOP agreed to the sequester (though Tea Party people were against it) only IF, IF, IF there were no TAX Increases. Understand that Obama agreed to NO TAX increases in exchange for the sequester vote. He lied and somehow that is the GOP's fault??? He lied as the democrats have always lied about budget cuts. Even now Obama likes to claim that he has made some suggestions but that is the extent, suggestions. He has yet to put any specific cuts on paper for a vote.

The only thing that you can blame some members of the GOP for is believing a huge liar and thinking the democratic party was sincere. Only some members.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

One man trying to protect Obama and falsely accuse the GOP of being in the pocket of the Tea Party !

HAHAHAHA !!!
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
BANNED

HA HA HA HA!

I suppose only one opinion is allowed in YOUR America!

Falsely accusing the GOP of being in the pocket of the TP!

You betcha...

LMAO @ YOU!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Okay, lets pop the balloon of Whatzup. Tell me Whatzup (if you can) how many Tea Party members are in the leadership in the House? After all they have the GOP in their pocket so they must be everywhere. How many Whatzup?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
BANNED

what's your definition of leadership?

What's your definition of everywhere?

How's this? There are a few of these who are just pissing on their state governments too, but I guess they ARE everywhere, if this is how you define it.

Reads like a Who's Who of the GOP...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ty_politicians

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women