Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default Specifically in Texas..... Any expectation of Privacy where Public records are concerned?

Where do the laws stand in regards to someone's expectations to privacy vs another parties desire to know more about them?

There are so many easy to use tools that make it simpler and simpler to check people out.

I can see where a gal with a relatively solid rep and a guy with good vouches can hook up for an hour here and there with little concerns....

But what about overnights, weekends, LTRs?....

I knew a guy over in Houston that took a well known and extremely well reviewed and high ranking provider on a week long cruise thinking he "knew her".... He had never spent more than 3 hours with her.....

Before the 1st night was over he was in Hell and he stayed in Hell for 6 1/2 days..... A little digging on his part would have yielded a lot of indicators....

We have sites that advertise to us that say they can check someone out for us..... and other sites that tell us we have been checked out and do we want to know who is checking us out....

They seem to play both sides of the fence....

If you were to find that someone conducted a background search on you without your knowledge/permission do you have any rights?

If the search is limited to public records searches do you have any rights?

Anyway... I'm sure you get the gist of the question here.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

This question is probably right up ShysterJon's alley.

My thoughts regarding the guy on the cruise:
1. Before you do a multi-hour (3 hours or more) do a shorter appointment to make sure you are compatible.
2. Before an overnight, do a multi-hour.
3. Before a weekend or longer, do an overnight.

It is pretty easy to tolerate someone for an hour. Any good provider can provide an illusion of passion for that long or she's not worth her salt as a provider. (OK, some of us guys might strain a lady's acting skills, but proper screening by the lady should prevent those encounters.) It may even be okay for several hours, even overnight. But when you cross the line into several days, away from home, trapped on a boat (no matter how long the cruise ship is, there is a certain element of "no escape" here.) and suddenly you are looking at all of the elements of a marriage, if but for a week, that come into play. Both sides better have some good expectations that mesh, and any encounter like this should also provide time for each party to get away from the other.

As far as doing background checks, etc., not sure how a background check resolves issues of two people "clicking" or "clashing" on a cruise boat. I guess if one of the parties was on a terrorist watch list, that might be a pretty good fact to know before you subject yourself to Homeland Security scrutiny.

So my question to clarify is just what good does these background checks do?

I understand that arrest records, perhaps a person who indulges in certain illegal activities that we tend to sweep under the carpet here would be good to know up front. But I would think if you have done my steps 1-3 above, a lot of those issues might be resolved.

Any encounters that require getting on a plane, boat, etc. that will subject someone to scrutiny for illegal substances, watch list, warrant checks, these should be discussed prior to scheduling.

As far as privacy issues, the Al Gore's world wide web has pretty much eliminated any privacy. As long as the person seeking information has not hacked Homeland Security's databases, has not bribed people, etc., I would think that any research done above board would not subject the searcher to any penalties or criminal prosecution.

I have never used any of the paysites, but I might suggest each of you go do a google search on yourself, your real name. Do a google search on your handle, perhaps with some added terms like the handle of your ATF, with "ECCIE" or some other item. You may not like what you find. Okay, now here is the real scary part, do a search of your real name & your handle, or perhaps your hobby email address. See if you find any links there.

The number of ladies who a search of their handle and real name can yield overlapping datapoints is very scary. When I have been harassed by certain ladies, I have done these searches. If these ladies knew what I discovered, they would be looking for a cave to hide in for a few years. I only know one hobbyist (besides myself) real name & handle, so haven't investigated that angle, but I think I have made my point.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

If the information you are interested in obtaining on someone is considered public record then it most likely won't be an invasion of their privacy. I would venture to say this is the case in all States.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Like many of the questions here, I think yours is too vague to receive a meaningful answer. I gather that someone did a check on you and recovered information that they misused to your detriment. Why don't you give us the basic facts and we'll try to answer your question?
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Whispers

hmmm... Specifically,

1) If I want to know more about someone I am interested in sending time with and intend to use the information solely to make that decison do I have any obligation to have their permission to use available services to conduct a search of public records?

i.e. I've seen a lady a few times for a few hours here and there and am considering taking her with me on a trip for a week....... I capture her License Plate tag and use it to come up with her actual name and address... Or I KNOW her name and DOB and use it to discover her DL and actual address.... I use that information to conduct a records search and find out she has done prison time over Domestic related Assaults and has been institutionalized a half dozen times for "evaluation" by LE ... I make the decision that there is way too much baggage there for me.... Have I broken any laws?

2) She finds out AFTER the fact that I checked her out.... Does she have any recourse?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
hmmm... Specifically,

1) If I want to know more about someone I am interested in sending time with and intend to use the information solely to make that decison do I have any obligation to have their permission to use available services to conduct a search of public records?

i.e. I've seen a lady a few times for a few hours here and there and am considering taking her with me on a trip for a week....... I capture her License Plate tag and use it to come up with her actual name and address... Or I KNOW her name and DOB and use it to discover her DL and actual address.... I use that information to conduct a records search and find out she has done prison time over Domestic related Assaults and has been institutionalized a half dozen times for "evaluation" by LE ... I make the decision that there is way too much baggage there for me.... Have I broken any laws?

2) She finds out AFTER the fact that I checked her out.... Does she have any recourse?
How did you obtain this information?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
S O B
Valued Poster

What part of "public" don't you understand?
S O B is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
How did you obtain this information?
It's a scenario but using information from a license plate or a name and date of birth there are dozens of websites that cull public records data and will see you the information. The more info you know the more detailed their reports can be.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
S O B
Valued Poster

Ya snooped in her purse for her DL. Shady, but not illegal if you had access while at your house. Maybe you could be a private dick.
S O B is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S O B View Post
Ya snooped in her purse for her DL. Shady, but not illegal if you had access while at your house. Maybe you could be a private dick.
It doesn't seem to matter which forum you post in you manage to display your ignorance in all of them don't ya?

License plates are on the front and back of cars and not in purses..... If she is driving a car registered to her that's about all ya need.....

Other than following me around.... Did you have some other purpose here?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
It doesn't seem to matter which forum you post in you manage to display your ignorance in all of them don't ya?

License plates are on the front and back of cars and not in purses..... If she is driving a car registered to her that's about all ya need.....

Other than following me around.... Did you have some other purpose here?
What do you expect he's an SOB, lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
No. It should go without saying that Person A doesn't need permission from Person B to run a public records background check on Person B.

Quote:
No. But I think you're out of line running a provider's tag. That's not conduct that should be condoned in Hobby World. As hobbyists, we shouldn't sneak around trying to uncover information about providers. The only information we're entitled to is about what happens during her sessions. It's slimy to play Dick Fucking Tracy and try to uncover facts about a provider's personal life. Look at it this way: What if the table was turned and a provider went sneaking around to obtain information about YOU? I'm sure you would be outraged by that. I also don't think you'd accept her excuse that she was only trying to be safe.

So follow the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or, even better, follow Kant's categorical imperative: "Always treat persons (including yourself) as ends in themselves, never merely as a means to your own ends."

If it bothers you that the provider has criminal history, then don't associate with her. But I assure you that about 90% of the providers I know (and I know a LOT of providers) have some criminal history above a ticket.

I also don't think as reasonable beings that we should make decisions based on criminal history alone. For example, my best friend was on three felony probations when I met her, but I'd trust her with my life. On the other hand, I know a lot of people with spotless records that I wouldn't trust with my pocket change.

Take people one at a time. If you've been seeing a provider regularly, you think you know her to a degree, and you want to spend an extended period of time with her, then be open with her about the background check. If she's legit, she probably won't mind. If you run a check and uncover something that troubles you, give the provider an opportunity to explain. If the provider minds you running a background check, she probably has something to hide and you might reconsider your plans to go on a trip with her.

Quote:
No.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Public records are useful and like the man said, he ran her plates.. Public as it was told to me by a cop is "in plain site in public" IE the car has to be outside in plain view.

Even if its parked on their private drive way, if you have an un-obstructed view of it from public grounds you can get the tags and run them.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Waldo P. Emerson-Jones
Feed the Beaver

Public data requires you to check a box avering one of a list of specific purposes for which you are running a license plate registration search. I'm not sure, but I had thought these were statutory requirements to be eligible for running a plate and not just publicdata made up requirements.
Waldo P. Emerson-Jones is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
But I think you're out of line running a provider's tag. That's not conduct that should be condoned in Hobby World. As hobbyists, we shouldn't sneak around trying to uncover information about providers. The only information we're entitled to is about what happens during her sessions. It's slimy to play Dick Fucking Tracy and try to uncover facts about a provider's personal life. Look at it this way: What if the table was turned and a provider went sneaking around to obtain information about YOU? I'm sure you would be outraged by that. I also don't think you'd accept her excuse that she was only trying to be safe.

So follow the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or, even better, follow Kant's categorical imperative: "Always treat persons (including yourself) as ends in themselves, never merely as a means to your own ends."

If it bothers you that the provider has criminal history, then don't associate with her. But I assure you that about 90% of the providers I know (and I know a LOT of providers) have some criminal history above a ticket.

I also don't think as reasonable beings that we should make decisions based on criminal history alone. For example, my best friend was on three felony probations when I met her, but I'd trust her with my life. On the other hand, I know a lot of people with spotless records that I wouldn't trust with my pocket change.

Take people one at a time. If you've been seeing a provider regularly, you think you know her to a degree, and you want to spend an extended period of time with her, then be open with her about the background check. If she's legit, she probably won't mind. If you run a check and uncover something that troubles you, give the provider an opportunity to explain. If the provider minds you running a background check, she probably has something to hide and you might reconsider your plans to go on a trip with her.
I think more than a few ladies as well as agencies tend to check guys out in a lot more detail. i know of two agencies that did the exact same kind of searches on clients booking the ladies..... real name and and address was required for a reason..... Ladies never saw anyone with any kind of assault or domestic charges....

I think I mentioned that I was not a proponent of simply checking out everyone that comes along. More of a thing I might feel a need to do before taking someone on a trip with me.....

Thanks for the answer.... I wasn't looking for a debate on the issue in this particular forum

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women