Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59933
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51
Default A new season

As a lifelong Dallas Cowboy fan I'm all ready for a new season, with high hopes that the long string of disappointing seasons is over.
I watched the first preseason game the other night, and while they showed some good things, overall they didn't look that impressive to me.

Will this be the year that Jerry Jones gets out of the way of the coaching staff and lets them do there job? Will Jason Garret prove he deserves to coach Americas team? Will Rob Ryan turn the defense around?
Is this the year that Tony Romo becomes an elite qb, or will he continue to show flashes of brilliance, only to blow it when the pressure is on ?
Can Felix Jones be great? Will Dez Bryant stay healthy enough to finish the season? Will the revamped offensive line open holes and give Romo time to throw?

Will I be crying in my beer,,,,,,,again,,, at the end of the season?
I hope not, but it has been tough being a Cowboys fan for a long time now. I guess my questions will be answered as the season progresses
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
slider22
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I think I feel the dame way you do. I can only hope! After watching that first preseason game, the defense needs work, I have a bad feeling their going to get burned alot in the secondary.
slider22 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
sharkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I'm going to the St. Louis game in October and I have many of the same worries as you. Romo seems too carefree, Felix gained too much weight last year, O-Line got Romo killed but the season was sucking anyway, Dez is a bonehead diva already etc... I was glad they finally got rid of Barber, he was way overrated IMO. I just hope Romo doesn't pull a Lebron and REALLY choke this year.
sharkey is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Managed to catch the replay this afternoon. Nice gesture on Ryan's part to pay homage to THE COACH by using the Flex on first play.

We can only hope that, maybe, between Garrett, Ryan, and the rest, a little bit of fire can be lit under Da Boyz.
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I have been a life long Dallas Cowboys fan. I started watching them in the mid 1960's. I still remember the famous ice bowl game against the Packers in 1967 and how upset I was, as a kid, after they lost that game. And I remember the 2 Super Bowl losses to the Steelers in the 1970's. In 1 game Jackie Smith drops a sure touchtown catch in the end zone and in the other game Lynn Swain makes 2 spectacular catches. I could go on and on about plays that cost the Cowboys an important game (but I won't). But we still have 5 Super Bowl wins and I cherish those memories. But it has been too damn long since the last Super Bowl win.

As far as the upcoming season, I think it all comes down to 2 things. They need improved offensive line play. They certainly have the offensive weapons but if the offensive line can not open up holes for the running backs and can not give Romo time enough to deliver the ball down field to the receivers, then it is all for not. On defense, they need improved defensive secondary play. An improved pass rush would also help the defensive secondary (although their pass rush was not all that bad last year).

I think Jason Garrett has the team moving in the right direction. But he may need a few more years to get all the right pieces (players) on the field. Let's hope Romo has a few more good years left for this to be able to happen.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
dcarr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I too am I die hard Cowboys fan. I was not impressed by the first preseason game, however we didn't have a very long training camp. Hope things improve quickly. As for Romo, I just don't think he can do the job when we really need it.
dcarr is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Hopefully they have a better season this year. If not I'm gonna be pissed! Anyone selling numbers for the game cuz I'm willing to buy some! One of my goals too this year is to go to my first Cowboys game! I've always wanted to go to one. I enjoyed the Spurs games for the first time this year so I'm sure I will enjoy the Cowboys game even more!

And 1 more thing too.....

LETS GO HOUSTON TEXANS!
I like that team too.

Besos,
Majesty
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
As a lifelong Dallas Cowboy fan I'm all ready for a new season, with high hopes that the long string of disappointing seasons is over.
I watched the first preseason game the other night, and while they showed some good things, overall they didn't look that impressive to me.

Will this be the year that Jerry Jones gets out of the way of the coaching staff and lets them do there job? Will Jason Garret prove he deserves to coach Americas team? Will Rob Ryan turn the defense around?
Is this the year that Tony Romo becomes an elite qb, or will he continue to show flashes of brilliance, only to blow it when the pressure is on ?
Can Felix Jones be great? Will Dez Bryant stay healthy enough to finish the season? Will the revamped offensive line open holes and give Romo time to throw?

Will I be crying in my beer,,,,,,,again,,, at the end of the season?
I hope not, but it has been tough being a Cowboys fan for a long time now. I guess my questions will be answered as the season progresses
I thin the one thing that needs to happen for any of this to materialize other than the crying in the beer part will be .................

The Cowboys need to trade the owner to another team.

Sorry to say it but my money goes the other way. I am sure this is not what everybody wants to hear but unit I see different, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Call me anything you want but the truth is,.....I am realistic.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
dcarr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitan1962 View Post
I thin the one thing that needs to happen for any of this to materialize other than the crying in the beer part will be .................

The Cowboys need to trade the owner to another team.

Sorry to say it but my money goes the other way. I am sure this is not what everybody wants to hear but unit I see different, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Call me anything you want but the truth is,.....I am realistic.
That would be the best trade we could make.
dcarr is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
capitan1962
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr View Post
Absolutely, I pulled for them since I was a kid. Didn't like when he canned Tom Landry but after see Jimmy Jones take them from the bottom to the top in a hurry I quickly forgot. Then when his ego overpowered the fact that they had won back to back Super Bowls I kind of gave up. If Jimmy would have stayed they would have won 4 straight for sure. They haven't done squat since. I don't count the cheerleader I mean Barry Switzer Super Bowl. A crack whore could have coached them that year.

Jason was part of the reason they failed under Wade. Of course Wade was the bigger part. I don't look for him to be the answer either. Wade started good because he came in after Parcells. I think the Cowboys will be a pipe dream until Jerry Steps aside or dies. I don't want to dishearten any Cowboy fans but statistics don't lie. 1 playoff win in 14 seasons or is it 15 now.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
capitan1962
Premium Access

And Romo isn't going to be the next "Joe Montana", the next "Hanna Montana" maybe? Face it guys he doesn't have what it takes in the given situations. Shane Falco is the man you need.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
capitan1962
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr View Post
Absolutely, I pulled for them since I was a kid. Didn't like when he canned Tom Landry but after see Jimmy Jones take them from the bottom to the top in a hurry I quickly forgot. Then when his ego overpowered the fact that they had won back to back Super Bowls I kind of gave up. If Jimmy would have stayed they would have won 4 straight for sure. They haven't done squat since. I don't count the cheerleader I mean Barry Switzer Super Bowl. A crack whore could have coached them that year.

Jason was part of the reason they failed under Wade. Of course Wade was the bigger part. I don't look for him to be the answer either. Wade started good because he came in after Parcells. I think the Cowboys will be a pipe dream until Jerry Steps aside or dies. I don't want to dishearten any Cowboy fans but statistics don't lie. 1 playoff win in 14 seasons or is it 15 now.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitan1962 View Post
And Romo isn't going to be the next "Joe Montana", the next "Hanna Montana" maybe? Face it guys he doesn't have what it takes in the given situations. Shane Falco is the man you need.
Who is "Shane Falco"? The only "Shane Falco" that I know of was a character in a movie. Maybe, the Cowboys could get "Rudy" too. LOL.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
Who is "Shane Falco"? The only "Shane Falco" that I know of was a character in a movie. Maybe, the Cowboys could get "Rudy" too. LOL.
I believe that is the Shane Falco that the Captain was referring to. ( they had Rudy, his name was Bill Bates.) He was a serious over achiever.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #15
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
I believe that is the Shane Falco that the Captain was referring to. ( they had Rudy, his name was Bill Bates.) He was a serious over achiever.
Yes, but my point was the Capitan was wanting to replace Romo with a fictitious movie character, who choked big time in arguably his biggest game. And I was joking that while we are at it, let's just add "Rudy", another movie character, to the team also.

If a person is going to argue that Romo should be replaced, then at least suggest a real life replacement that can help the team.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women