Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47531
pyramider46370
bambino40313
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #121
SpiceItUp
Ambassador

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
The only statistics in that list that have an acceptable margin of error are the statistics where an individual was referring to their own behaviors of thoughts.
  • 34% of executive women CLAIM they know a female collegue that did so. Did what, had an affair or uses sex for advancement.
  • 37% CLAIM the woman involved received a career boost. How is that quantified? And how is it proven that the claim is true?
The other statistics, describe an individual’s own experiences and / or feelings. And, of the 15% of all women said they have had an affair with a boss, it doesn't say if it was for advancement or not.
I wasn't drawing any conclusions from it, in fact I already stated the potential problems with studies of this nature. I merely thought it interesting and relevant to the conversation.

As an aside, you're misusing the term "margin of error", that term refers to the amount of random sampling error associated with the size of the sample, often the 95% confidence interval is used as a baseline acceptable level.

What you mean to say is that it has a potentially "low reliability measurement" since it relies on a snapshot of people's perceptions of other's behavior or outcomes of that behavior. This can be controlled for but again, as I said without seeing the study methodology it is impossible to determine the statistical significance of any of its findings.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #122
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMynx69 View Post
A smart woman uses her best tool to get ahead in whatever situation. In my professional life, my strongest assets is my brain. Some women may have to use their vagina, but the fact is, that if you're smart, you don't have to and you know that it will eventually blow up.

?
I've never seen a vagina blow up. Seen a few geysers but never a blow up. I must be doing something wrong!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #123
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceItUp View Post
I wasn't drawing any conclusions from it, in fact I already stated the potential problems with studies of this nature. I merely thought it interesting and relevant to the conversation.
Oh I know that. You were just posing another way of looking at the equation.

Quote:
What you mean to say is that it has a potentially "low reliability measurement" since it relies on a snapshot of people's perceptions of other's behavior or outcomes of that behavior.
Yes, this was my intent when I said margin of error.

Quote:
This can be controlled for but again, as I said without seeing the study methodology it is impossible to determine the statistical significance of any of its findings.
It would have to be awfully compelling for me to accept random people's perceptions as I have no way of knowing their overall bias, intelligence level or interaction level with those subjects they were forming opinions about.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #124
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Oh my goodness another data point supporting Old-T ......I do love how Olivia has never adressed her contention that male chauvinism is some how at the root of this. Yes Olivia i realize that is not exactly wtf you said but I have already reposted what you implied.
No, it isn't even remotely what I said. I don't even believe it. In and before the 1970's there is some merit to saying it was male chauvinism similar to saying it was racism that caused social, educational, professional and financial inequalities for non-whites.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:18 PM   #125
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
No, it isn't even remotely what I said. I don't even believe it. In and before the 1970's there is some merit to saying it was male chauvinism similar to saying it was racism that caused social, educational, professional and financial inequalities for non-whites.
Then why our male chauvinist comment?
Old 01-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #126
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Then why tour male chauvinist comment?
The comment was in response to your using the word feminist like it's pejorative, because you think that feminism is a is a threat. I do not think men are trying to hold women down. However, I think men LIKE YOU are. I think YOU are a male chauvinist, but I think very few men are. Better now? More clear?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #127
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

Quote:
I don’t believe you. I don’t believe you at all. I think this is a lot of pre-conceived notions from you and your associates – men and women. I’ve been clear all along that I think women are women’s worst enemies. I think when you heard some sour grapes man or women that got passed over say it’s because Suzie the Slut was fucking the boss you seized the opportunity to validate your own excuses for lack of advancement. I am telling you from my experience, it is impossible to sleep your way to the top, and I’ve told you why.

OK, this right here is SO spot on...I've seen this over and over though out the years.

Absolutely true...

Additionally made another good point about the stat about having a affair with the boss...happens all the time, but not necessarily for the purpose of advancement.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #128
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Additionally made another good point about the stat about having a affair with the boss...happens all the time, but not necessarily for the purpose of advancement.
Of course it does, affairs happen all the time. Any time you put men and women together you're going to get hanki-panki. It doesn't mean it's some vile, ulterior motive on the woman's part or vile, chauvinist behavior on the man's part.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #129
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The comment was in response to your using the word feminist like it's pejorative, because you think that feminisexpiration data threat. I do not think men are trying to hold women down. However, I think men LIKE YOU are. I think YOU are a male chauvinist, but I think very few men are. Better now? More clear?
Then why would you go on about things will not go on forever? Not in your life time...blablabla. Sounds like you are lying somewhere.

I think feminist are as fucked up as Al Sharpton and his crew and see them as no threat to me. Something that was needed once upon a time but have went past their expiration date. You like the race baiters look for outliers to try and convince yourself that you are still relevant. You've won the war ....A war I supported btw but come on down from the mountain top and fight for equality for all....not just your tribe. Im an ACLU kinda guy.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #130
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
The only statistics in that list that have an acceptable margin of error are the statistics where an individual was referring to their own behaviors of thoughts.
  • 34% of executive women CLAIM they know a female collegue that did so. Did what, had an affair or uses sex for advancement.
  • 37% CLAIM the woman involved received a career boost. How is that quantified? And how is it proven that the claim is true?
The other statistics, describe an individual’s own experiences and / or feelings. And, of the 15% of all women said they have had an affair with a boss, it doesn't say if it was for advancement or not.
Olivia, you are significantly misrepresenting what I said. In fact, you are now going beyond misrepresenting and jumping into fiction about what I said.

You are also saying what we did find is invalid because it isn't the different piece of research you think should have been done.

Until you learn how to read and learn how to post things honestly there is little reason to try and explain it to you any further. You will continue to only believe that which you want to believe.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #131
Eva Damita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 106939
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
We will see. And I'm sure it's a coincidence the other thread was closed, LMAO!

+ 2
Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #132
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Damita View Post
+ 2
LilMynx hearts Eva Damita...ijs
Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #133
fishingtwo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65
Default Lot to digest

For me anyway
Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #134
Eva Damita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 106939
My ECCIE Reviews
Red face

Quote:
LilMynx hearts Eva Damita...ijs

Likewise we have to meet me for drinks.....chit chat and swat storires!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:53 PM   #135
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The comment was in response to your using the word feminist like it's pejorative, because you think that feminism is a is a threat.
Really? You do realize that you posted the quote below on the 2nd page, post #18 of this thread before I had ever even posted in this thread.

Quote:
Especially if said misogynist and / or moralist are part of the social fabric that still pays women seventy cents on the dollar that men make. .
You clearly implied that misogynist and / or moralist are the reason for the 70 cents on the dollar pay gap. When that was shown to be bullshit you resort to lying about things said. Me thinks Old-T said it well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Olivia, you are significantly misrepresenting what I said. In fact, you are now going beyond misrepresenting and jumping into fiction about what I said.

Misrepresents what was said, when it was said and who said it....a trifecta if you will!

Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women