Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Business Services
Business Services Use this forum to post on the wide range of business services available to our female members. (Website design, scheduling, photography, etc.) You may advertise your services here or ladies "in need of" business services may post here as well.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Potato
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27
Default Photography Advice Please

I have been a photographer for nearly 10 years. I'm somewhere in between a hobbyist and a professional. Meaning I charge for my services and have a DBA, but I refuse to give up my day job to do the photography full time. I mainly take children and family portraits and the occasional wedding. However, this is getting boring.

The less then great cell phone and self-taken photos that some providers use in their ads have inspired me. I would like to get into a more adult orientated photo field, but I don't know how to start. A provider suggested I just send people an email and offer my photo services. While I have had some success with these unsolicited emails (2 willing models to date), I am uncomfortable doing this. I know there are some pro photographers on here that could help me. Any suggestions on what I should do?

My biggest problem is I do not have a studio. Is this going to squash my plans?

-Thanks
Potato is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Julietravelgal
Account Disabled

User ID: 5709
My ECCIE Reviews

that will squash your plans. you ever see in the chronicle take pics for 300 one day, cash. you could also do that. it's taking stock photo's and your probably getting paid much better than on here. I love taking new photo's, but hate spending the money. It costs a lot to have a good shoot, even prep on the my part gets expensive and if they don't show .
Julietravelgal is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
EroticGuideCentral
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16782

I am sure there are plenty of photographers in your area that would lease out studio space on a per diem basis. Maybe place an iso in your area if that is allowed. Another option is depending on what you have lined up is renting an expensive suite at a nice chic hotel for a few hours. Hotels will do this if they are not booked and the rate is normally not that much.
EroticGuideCentral is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
ATXLover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

PM me for some ideas. I have been working for the last three years in Houston, its been pretty successful but on the same note just like everything else the economy is a very relative term. I actually made two rooms in my home into studio rooms.
BCP
ATXLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
Potato
Valued Poster

thank you for the ideas and info. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #6
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticGuideCentral View Post
Another option is depending on what you have lined up is renting an expensive suite at a nice chic hotel for a few hours. Hotels will do this if they are not booked and the rate is normally not that much.
Be careful with that idea.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=18378
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Dizman 68
Gaining Momentum

Default Ideas that may work and offer to help

I wanted to put my 2 cents in real quick. I have been doing photography for almost 10 years and I don't have a studio. I have found that some of my best pictures are ones that are done without tons of setup. The key is having a nice background with a color that will accent your model and good lighting. Having a studio is always great but it is not needed to do this type of work. Just remember that making your subject feel comfortable will make a lot of difference in how well the photos turn out.
I have found that having a number of different solid color sheets and sheer coverings to go over them can give you just about any type of backdrop you want. The rest is lighting and angles. Feel free to give me a call if you want some ideas for setting up a regular room in your home or in a hotel room. you can get great, even outstanding results if you are creative in the process.

Dizman 68
Dizman 68 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #8
Potato
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizman 68 View Post
I wanted to put my 2 cents in real quick. I have been doing photography for almost 10 years and I don't have a studio. I have found that some of my best pictures are ones that are done without tons of setup. The key is having a nice background with a color that will accent your model and good lighting. Having a studio is always great but it is not needed to do this type of work. Just remember that making your subject feel comfortable will make a lot of difference in how well the photos turn out.
I have found that having a number of different solid color sheets and sheer coverings to go over them can give you just about any type of backdrop you want. The rest is lighting and angles. Feel free to give me a call if you want some ideas for setting up a regular room in your home or in a hotel room. you can get great, even outstanding results if you are creative in the process.

Dizman 68
I agree. I don't use a studio in my other photography work because people seem to be more comfortable in a location of their choice. Plus, I would be afraid of my work becoming stale in a studio. It may be too tempting to do the same thing over and over in a studio.

I believe I will be posting a real ad shortly. If the providers are not comfortable with on location work, then that is certainly their call and I understand. We will see what happens.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
Ramman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 78

I do not do it full time But I have done shoots of several of the ladies here in houston. I normaly just set the time up with them and go to their place and do the photos. If they want some outdoors type photos I have a good friend that lets me use his pool for poolside photos. The studio is not a must and I have found that most of the ladies like the home feel.
Ramman is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #10
sindi.atl
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15404
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Hey, I was a regional trainer for a portrait corp. for 5 years, so I totally understand the burn out of portrait photography! After a while it becomes an assembly line, then , well? It took me a year to even want to take snap shots after I resigned! lol!
I think it is a great idea to send some emails exchange services or even do a couple free shoots as long as you can use the photo's for your portfolio.
Seeing as that I used to do photo's, I would probably feel more comfortable with a studio, or at least a really nice camera to change the speeds so my photo's had a nice classic white background, but i really do not believe that there would be alot of girls that would think to question that or feel a way about it if they have never been on the other end. You should do fine. You can always work towards a studio after a couple of shoots!
A photographer friend of mine just took some photo's of me at his home. He had a fill light and a nice Cannon, and thats all that was needed for a nice clean white background ( the wall lol ).
Good Luck. Maybe you could shoot me if your in the Upstate New york area.
sindi.atl is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women