Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59970
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
MarieLynn of DFW
Seeking Discreet Gents 💋

User ID: 44
Location: Alliance-Fort Worth-DFW Airport-Amsterdam-Switzerland
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Post Apple's Letter to its customers

Apple's Letter

Thoughts?
MarieLynn of DFW is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

I don't think a court order can force them to do the impossible on the device in question. Building in a backdoor to future versions is a slippery slope, but how do you decrypt the existing device is the impossible task.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
WolfWhistle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieLynn of DFW View Post
Apple's Letter

Thoughts?
I don't own apple products. Overrated and overpriced toys just like a lot of providers.
WolfWhistle is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:33 AM   #4
Frique-Me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
I don't think a court order can force them to do the impossible on the device in question. Building in a backdoor to future versions is a slippery slope, but how do you decrypt the existing device is the impossible task.
I disagree Bolt. I believe Apple has the technology to decrypt existing devices. It's Software Engineering 101 to build a "undocumented" backdoor as a "nuclear option" when all else fails. To me it's sounds like a catch 22, The Feds want the data and is asking Apple to provide (to them) a utility that can decrypt the phone's password and all them to read/retrieve its data.

Its in Apples interest to assist the Feds in anyway possible and I would imagine they offered to decrypt the phone but since the FBI appears to be more interested obtaining ongoing backdoor access for ALL IPhones over solving the issue.
Frique-Me is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #5
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

A lot of hemming and hawing from Apple here. Mostly just posturing and marketing. The solutions to the problem of getting the data off the phone are simple and numerous as far as Apple is concerned. Government is overreaching, and Apple is happy to use it to their advantage.

The big difference here is what's being asked for versus what can be done to accomplish what is needed.
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

To me the real issue is the Feds forcing a private company to change there policy , and or spend money writing programs that the Feds can later use. (without us knowing) just saying.
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #7
Boltfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frique-Me View Post
I disagree Bolt. I believe Apple has the technology to decrypt existing devices. It's Software Engineering 101 to build a "undocumented" backdoor as a "nuclear option" when all else fails. To me it's sounds like a catch 22, The Feds want the data and is asking Apple to provide (to them) a utility that can decrypt the phone's password and all them to read/retrieve its data.

Its in Apples interest to assist the Feds in anyway possible and I would imagine they offered to decrypt the phone but since the FBI appears to be more interested obtaining ongoing backdoor access for ALL IPhones over solving the issue.
I don't agree they already have the option in place.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #8
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default Now........

..........it bothers me every time I receive an unwanted solicitation on my phone or computer and it's obvious my contact info was pirated.

However, I'm doubting the Feds are wanting to see what's in my phone.

....imagine this for a moment, and god I hope all cowardly radicalized attacks never occur again, ...........the CEO of Apple, he's going to fight helping the Feds and he'll win for the most part......but what if in this specific phone of the San Bernardino murderers held information on planned attacks/attackers and they get carried out because the Feds didn't get the information to stop it........now, what if one of the poor souls murdered in this attack was an immediate family member of the Apple CEO.
Charlie Brown is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #9
turtle138
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

They can but are hiding behind the law.
We lost or freedom along time ago.
When we started paying taxes.
You can't even go to a doctor without them looking at your history.
Nothing else is private so let's get over this and find out who else they were going to kill.
Let's face the facts extremists no matter who they are have just one agenda.
TO CARRY OUT THEIR PLAN
turtle138 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #10
Boltfan

Any other opinions that don't involve tinfoil hats?

What evidence do you have that they already have this backdoor in place? The subpoena is specific in that it wants them to build the backdoor. With all your tinfoil theories, you would think they would just request the backdoor since the NSA already knows it exists?
Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #11
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 119

John McAfee (of McAfee Anti Virus) has offered to decrypt the phone. He says he and his team can do it in three weeks. He sides with Apple and wonders why the FIB can't do it. He said they're too cheap and uptight to hire the right people, lol.

BTW, if Apple is somehow forced to try this, you better believe they'll bill the FIB (read: taxpayers) for their efforts.

I guess somebody early on tried the dead guy's fingers for Touch ID...right?
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #12
turtle138
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Hate to ruin your mind but every thing has a back door.
Here is one for you to pounder on.
You buy an expensive save and need to get into it?
Umm how do u get in?
If it's electronic company has a secure nimber that only certain vendors have.
Also if it is a combination they have a very special template.
You place it over the safe make a 1/16th drill hole insert the paper clip and your in.
Feel safe now.
Or how about this every day a car is stolen and the chipped key is still with the owner and no tow truck was used.
No tin foil needed.
turtle138 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #13
Boltfan

You haven't cited a source for your hypothesis on the device, but ok.

Comparing a safe and a car with iPhone decryption is a reach.

Prolongus, touch ID only works if the device is still powered up. Once you restart you have to remember the code, but then touch id works again.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #14
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
You haven't cited a source for your hypothesis on the device, but ok.

Comparing a safe and a car with iPhone decryption is a reach.

Prolongus, touch ID only works if the device is still powered up. Once you restart you have to remember the code, but then touch id works again.

Yep...forgot about that...

And fuck the FIB for putting the onus on Apple. Lazy shits need to figure it out themselves. Wonder if they called McAfee knowing Apple will put up a fight...
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #15
billw1032
Valued Poster

A direct quote from Tim Cook's letter: "But now the U.S. government has asked us for something we simply do not have, and something we consider too dangerous to create. They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone."

From that I conclude that (1) Apple does not have the backdoor capability; (2) Apple feels they could create it if they chose to; (3) They think it would be a bad idea and choose not to. That seems clear from the letter, unless you believe that Tim Cook is lying.

I note that the news reports today say that Google (creator of the Android system) and Microsoft have come out in support of Apple's position.
billw1032 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women