Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > The Sandbox-Mississippi
The Sandbox-Mississippi The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160608
Yssup Rider59950
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35399
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

User ID: 224566
My ECCIE Reviews
Cool Music Thread(Hobbyists and Providers)

I got my inspiration from a couple of music threads and figured hell, why not, we need a little excitement on the MS boards, lol. It's been way too quiet. Anyway, music is a constant in my life, I couldn't survive without it. I have an eclectic taste, love different genres. Some of my favorite artists include Jack White, The Lumineers, The Head And The Heart, Jimi Hendrix and The Doors to name just a few.

So, let's get this party started, what's your favorite type of music? Favorite artists? Genres?
naughtyangel4u is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
Cravinhead69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I have a somewhat wide range of music likes/taste. I love some good blues: BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, The Blues Brothers and my local (Mobile favorite Lisa Mills). And others.
Classic rock: Eagles, Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Steve Miller Band, Heart, Elton John, Beach Boys and many more. However I'm not into the heavy metal type AC/DC Led Zepplin, etc.
Most classic country: Cash, Jones, Twitty, Tanya Tucker, Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, Patty Loveless and many more. New classic artists Joey & Rory. (Joey Passed 2 years ago) but they put out several great cd's
Some modern County: Little Big Town, Kelli Pickler, Chris Stapleton adn a few others.
Others: country/jazz, Norah Jones, MannhiemSteamroller, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Disco era: Bee Gees, K.C. & the Sunshine Band and others.
I could go on & on, but ya'llwould get bored after awhile.
Cravinhead69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, CH, you have a great list there! You had me at Norah Jones, love her music! To connect with that, I was watching YouTube videos of Ravi Shankar, her father, performing at the Monterey Music Festival in 1967. If you could see my vinyl collection, you would see that I have The Mamas And Papas, Woodstock, traditional Japanese music and Exotica, lol, I love it all! Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
Cravinhead69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyangel4u View Post
Wow, CH, you have a great list there! You had me at Norah Jones, love her music! To connect with that, I was watching YouTube videos of Ravi Shankar, her father, performing at the Monterey Music Festival in 1967. If you could see my vinyl collection, you would see that I have The Mamas And Papas, Woodstock, traditional Japanese music and Exotica, lol, I love it all! Thank you for sharing.
NA, You are welcome. It's a pleasure to get to know somethings about people we communicate with on here even though we have never met.

Also this is a Helluva lot better than all the other crap that keeps getting stirred up in some of the other sections of the boards by certain persons. That has gotten so old and childlike.

I like a lot of music especially from the 50-70's era. Way too many to list.

I'm sure you know that Ravi played with George Harrison. I'm not into the Indian music.
Speaking of GH, I really enjoyed the Traveling Wilbury's.
A lot of talented musicians in that lineup and I think sadly only Jeff Lynn is still alive.

I had heard a little bit of Norah on the radio, but I just didn't get into her until I saw the stupid but funny movie, TED, where she performed "Come Away With Me". That hooked me & I have all of her cd's now.

March 17, me & my best friend (I introduced him to her music) saw her live in Pensacola at the Saenger Theather. Let me tell you, It was one of the Best shows I have seen. Music was perfect, not too loud.

The Tedeschi Trucks Band are really good also. Clapton, Joe Bonamassa. I can go on for a while.

I lived in Nashville for 14 years, so I got to see /hear a lot of good music
Cravinhead69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I feel like the MS boards have been a bit dismal lately so I figured that I would try to lighten the mood and post something universal like music likes. Although, it looks like you and I are the only contributors, oh well, I tried.

I do know that Ravi Shankar played with George Harrison, pretty cool. I've loved Norah's music for years and have always wanted to see her live.

I'm big into folk music and enjoy more obscure music, will definitely check out those other artists.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #6
aNameinGulfport
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

My Youtube favorites list:

Aaron Copeland
Abba
ABC
Adele
Aha
Al Stewart
Alan Parsons Project
Alanis Morissette
America
Asia

And that is just the A list.
aNameinGulfport is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #7
Road Lizard
BANNED

Encounters: 33

I'm hoping there will be an Experience Hendrix 2018, especially after last years' show and the artists there. There was Billy Cox, Buddy Guy,Zakk Wilde, Jonny Lange,Dweezil Zappa,Chris Layton,Manto Nanji,Noah Hunt, Keb'Mo' Beth Hart, Ana Popovic(My future ex-wife),Henri Brown, The Slide Brothers, Eric Johnson, Scott Nelson, Tim Austin and Brad Whitford...he got to step up big that night.

It was 3 hours of pure Hendrix, each artists complimented the others and all egos where left behide, they gave us pure music
Road Lizard is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #8
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

Wow, some very varied musical interests. It's easier for me to list what I don't like than what I do - I'm old, so it's mostly newer stuff, although I really am not into country. On second thought, I'm not going to make a list or either what I like or don't, but here's something for you folks on the Coast to think about - the theater in Gulfport at Crossroads does live simulcasts from the NY Metropolitan Opera. Before escaping to TN, I saw Aida there. The twelve of us in the theater really enjoyed it. Luckily, I have a theater near me up here in the hills, and I think the next Met simulcast is this coming Saturday - Tosca! I suspect it will also be on in Gulfport. You can find a theater that shows the Met operas by googling the Metropolitan Opera - they have a search function for the theaters.

This has been an unpaid public announcement for all music lovers.

JaG
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #9
Xjf3
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

It seems we often gravitate towards the music of our youth. For me having been a charter member of the late 70’s anti-disco movement, that means classic punk and early 80’s alt rock. Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, the Ramones, The English Beat, The Cars, The Cure ... the list goes on.

I’ve been using Pandora lately and they’ve been serving me many songs I haven’t heard for years.
Xjf3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #10
BassCat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

I am a classic rock guy but Hendrix and Zeppelin are my two favorites. I am also into southern rock like the Allman Brothers Skynyrd Black Crows Warren Haynes. Followed by jam bands like the Dead. As I get older I also find myself really listing to the Beatles and Dylan a lot. I am also a huge Doors fan. I absolutely love Stephen Stills and Neil Young and CSN&Y as well. I get hard watching Stevie Nicks from the 70's perform with Fleetwood Mac. What a piece of ass she was back then. Jack White is an extreme talent for sure so I am with Angel on liking him also. Oh I cant forget country music especially Johnny Cash Hank Williams Willie Nelson Merle Haggard and Waylon Jennings. I guess I love all music and can appreciate any musician who has talent from clasicial to death metal even some Rap I can at least appreciate the craft if not the message.

The really crazy thing is if you got im my vehicle these days your way more likely to hear talk radio than anything else. I am getting so fucking old that I am literally turning into my dad. It wont be long and I will be wearing tighty whities and bifocals. Where the fuck does the time go.
BassCat is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #11
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNameinGulfport View Post
My Youtube favorites list:

Aaron Copeland
Abba
ABC
Adele
Aha
Al Stewart
Alan Parsons Project
Alanis Morissette
America
Asia

And that is just the A list.
Wow, sounds like you have a long list of musical interests as well, aName. Especially if that's just the A band's, lol, thanks for participating!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #12
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Lizard View Post
I'm hoping there will be an Experience Hendrix 2018, especially after last years' show and the artists there. There was Billy Cox, Buddy Guy,Zakk Wilde, Jonny Lange,Dweezil Zappa,Chris Layton,Manto Nanji,Noah Hunt, Keb'Mo' Beth Hart, Ana Popovic(My future ex-wife),Henri Brown, The Slide Brothers, Eric Johnson, Scott Nelson, Tim Austin and Brad Whitford...he got to step up big that night.

It was 3 hours of pure Hendrix, each artists complimented the others and all egos where left behide, they gave us pure music

RL, that sounds like it was an awesome show. I love Hendrix's music and for a group to honor him and carry on his legacy is a true tribute. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #13
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaGuyinMS View Post
Wow, some very varied musical interests. It's easier for me to list what I don't like than what I do - I'm old, so it's mostly newer stuff, although I really am not into country. On second thought, I'm not going to make a list or either what I like or don't, but here's something for you folks on the Coast to think about - the theater in Gulfport at Crossroads does live simulcasts from the NY Metropolitan Opera. Before escaping to TN, I saw Aida there. The twelve of us in the theater really enjoyed it. Luckily, I have a theater near me up here in the hills, and I think the next Met simulcast is this coming Saturday - Tosca! I suspect it will also be on in Gulfport. You can find a theater that shows the Met operas by googling the Metropolitan Opera - they have a search function for the theaters.

This has been an unpaid public announcement for all music lovers.

JaG
JAG, I remember you telling me about that theatre in Gulfport that does that. I've yet to attend a show there although it's definitely on my to do list. Thanks for your input. :-)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #14
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassCat View Post
I am a classic rock guy but Hendrix and Zeppelin are my two favorites. I am also into southern rock like the Allman Brothers Skynyrd Black Crows Warren Haynes. Followed by jam bands like the Dead. As I get older I also find myself really listing to the Beatles and Dylan a lot. I am also a huge Doors fan. I absolutely love Stephen Stills and Neil Young and CSN&Y as well. I get hard watching Stevie Nicks from the 70's perform with Fleetwood Mac. What a piece of ass she was back then. Jack White is an extreme talent for sure so I am with Angel on liking him also. Oh I cant forget country music especially Johnny Cash Hank Williams Willie Nelson Merle Haggard and Waylon Jennings. I guess I love all music and can appreciate any musician who has talent from clasicial to death metal even some Rap I can at least appreciate the craft if not the message.

The really crazy thing is if you got im my vehicle these days your way more likely to hear talk radio than anything else. I am getting so fucking old that I am literally turning into my dad. It wont be long and I will be wearing tighty whities and bifocals. Where the fuck does the time go.
LOL, about listening to talk radio! I absolutely love NPR so it's on more times than not in my car. I've always loved listening to classical music on public radio also. With age, I think our tastes become more refined so I totally get it about talk radio. As for artists you listed, great contribution! There's not a genre of music that I won't listen to, musicians are artists, like you said, even if their style of music isn't my cup of tea, I still respect the work. Thank you, BC!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #15
naughtyangel4u
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjf3 View Post
It seems we often gravitate towards the music of our youth. For me having been a charter member of the late 70’s anti-disco movement, that means classic punk and early 80’s alt rock. Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, the Ramones, The English Beat, The Cars, The Cure ... the list goes on.

I’ve been using Pandora lately and they’ve been serving me many songs I haven’t heard for years.
Xjf3, Pandora is always playing in my house, so definitely relate. Great contribution of the early Punk movement, love every artist you listed. I think alot of people don't realize how influential Punk has been to music even today. Have you watched the movie, CBGB? Thank you for this awesome list!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women