Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70484
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453045
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47787
pyramider46370
bambino40450
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Global warming likely to cause colder and snowier winters, scientists say

http://m.aol.com/article/2014/09/15/...k2&pLid=529696
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Just stand down and shut the fuck up!
We run shit!
We're closing your coal plants!
Your going to pay more for energy!
You are going to go along with cape and trade and carbon taxes!
You will love UN Agenda 21!...

You know who you are....
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Great all we need is another cold ass winter.
Worldtravler is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

We have had relative mild Winters for the past few years in Houston, and this Summer was really pretty nice compared to many we have had in the past.

The chicken little crowd that worships at the alter of " climate change" are, in reality, simply looking for something to levy a tax against.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Squawk away chicken little's...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

If its hot - its global warming
If its cold - its global warming
If we get lots of tornadoes and hurricanes - its global warming
If we get few tornadoes and hurricanes - its global warming
If glaciers melt - its global warming
If glaciers increase in size - its global warming

Gotta love liberals - no rationality, no logic, no problem.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
If its hot - its global warming
If its cold - its global warming
If we get lots of tornadoes and hurricanes - its global warming
If we get few tornadoes and hurricanes - its global warming
If glaciers melt - its global warming
If glaciers increase in size - its global warming

Gotta love liberals - no rationality, no logic, no problem.
Damn straight!!!
If the computer model that predicted disaster is wrong, tweak the model until it predicts more disaster.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:58 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You forgot to add, if nothing is happening.....it's global warming!
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #9
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I own stock in some natural gas companies and pipeline companies that pass gas to the northeast. I am hoping for a long cold winter with lots of snow for that part of the nation.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:33 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I own stock in some natural gas companies and pipeline companies that pass gas to the northeast. I am hoping for a long cold winter with lots of snow for that part of the nation.
Like Houston?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #11
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post
Actually, it is true up to a point, though it seems rather counterintuitive.
It is the oceans that moderate temps on the planet. When oceans are warm the planet is warm. When oceans are warm they put more water vapor (the biggest greenhouse gas there is) into the atmosphere. More moisture in the atmosphere means more snow. That's the nutshell version anyway.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #12
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Rest easy 2Dogs. About 2/3 of the US is forecast to have a cold and snowy winter. The west coast drought will continue with less than normal precip. levels. The Midwest back into the northeast and extending into the southern states should see snowfall in excess of 30% above yearly averages.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

If you watch the last video of the OP's post, you will SEE...http://thevane.gawker.com/record-sha...rai-1631765221

Record-Shattering Snow This Winter? Take It With a Grain of Rock SaltEXPAND

We're going to have the snowiest winter in recorded history this year! If you believe this, chances are you recently read a terrible knockoff of The Onion. The junk site in question wrote about predictions of "record-shattering snowfall" this winter, and it's a bunch of malarkey.

The article is called "Meteorologists Predict Record-Shattering Snowfall Coming Soon," and it goes on to quote a "doctor of global weather sciences" and "senior administrator of meteorologists" as predicting "a massive cold-front sooner in the year than has ever happened, which will produce not just record-breaking snowfall [...], but record shattering snow storms across the board, affecting the entire United States."

Whoa, that's terrifying! And it's also a load of sleet.

The article talking about the "record-shattering snowfall" is just a bad hoax written by a bad hoax website that masquerades as a bad satire website. The site in question is called Empire News, and as Gawker's resident debunker Hudson Hongo over at Antiviral constantly has to reiterate, it's a satire site that's low on satire and excels in writing hoax articles in order to generate viral clicks on social media.

On Saturday, Empire News also published a slightly-closer-to-satire article titled "Funnel Cake Stand Survives Category F4 Tornado," which documents the peril that Meemaw Jane's Funnel Cakes faced in a Nebraska town ravaged by a tornado a few months ago.

Not only is there no such thing as the two job titles referenced in the article, but there is no scientific skill in predicting record-breaking snowfall across any region — let alone the entire country — this far in advance. Heck, we often have trouble pinning-down snowfall accumulations while the storm is happening. This is why many meteorologists and weather bloggers (myself included) are cautioning folks against taking The Farmer's Almanac's predictions of a very snowy winter for more than entertainment value.

This Slow Loris Could Predict the Weather Better Than Farmer's Almanac
People are wildly sharing the news that the Farmer's Almanac is predicting a brutally cold and …
Read more
Jason Samenow of the Capital Weather Gang wrote an article at the end of last month discussing winter weather forecasts issued this far in advance.

Because so much in the atmosphere can change between the summer and late fall, we don't think issuing public-facing winter forecasts in the summer (or earlier) is a good idea.

"It's equivalent to last year predicting the Skins would get into the playoffs based on their preseason record without having seen an injured [Robert] Griffin play," says Wes Junker, our winter weather expert. "The forecasts are entertaining and could be right but they also have just as much chance of being wrong."
Here's some advice for the snow weary and lovers alike: don't worry about this winter! What could we possibly do with that information right now other than prepare to listen to people complain about their lumbago? Municipalities and businesses that have to prepare for winter weather should prepare for the worst no matter what; when they don't, they run out of salt in December and officials complain about it for the rest of the season. Much like a horoscope, winter weather forecasts this far in advance are fun to talk about but serve no real purpose.

It's a terrible thing for a weather writer to tell his audience, but whatever happens, happens. We'll deal with the snows of winter when we get there. Enjoy fall in the meantime, and take the extra click before sharing something that sounds too big to be true.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:55 PM   #14
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

But, I do think it's going to be a cold winter.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #15
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

The forecast I gave you comes from Joe Bastardi (what an unfortunate surname) who is the best long term forecaster in the business by my reckoning. The fact that The Farmer's Almanac agrees with him doesn't concern me. No one, including Bastardi, can give exacting detail about long range forecasts but he and others are able to predict general hurricane activity months in advance. Bastardi called for a very quiet hurricane season(back in April I think) in the atlantic while many others were saying the opposite. And don't think for a second that he's an AGW alarmist. Nothing could be further from the truth.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women