Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > The Sandbox-Mississippi
The Sandbox-Mississippi The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2020, 06:45 PM   #31
georgecam
BANNED

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Its a sad day!

Long live the Confederate States!
Not sad thing. It is cultural change and giving what future generations want.
General Robert E Lee and Jefferson F Davis stated clearly that confederate flag is the flag of traitors to America.
Embrace the change and avoid the fight you can’t win for America.
georgecam is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #32
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecam View Post
Not sad thing. It is cultural change and giving what future generations want.
General Robert E Lee and Jefferson F Davis stated clearly that confederate flag is the flag of traitors to America.
Embrace the change and avoid the fight you can’t win for America.
Spoken just like the main stream media and the pc elitists!
Wheres the first amendment here? These same people that want the change want open borders, defunding of police depts. and support burning The US flag! My Confederate flag flies in my backyard! I'am proud of it!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:48 AM   #33
oldfriend2004
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Read Mississippi Ordinances of Secession. They say it's about Slavery.
oldfriend2004 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:24 AM   #34
Hue Briss
Account Disabled

Encounters: 89

Ok.....where do I start? I hope you stretched before that reach....

First, I fully support changing the flag. I do not support open borders or defunding police departments. So....we aren’t all in that big bucket you just put everyone in that disagrees with you.

Second- How is this decision infringing on your first amendment? You can still own that flag and proudly wave that flag. Again- if it ever comes down to that, I will be fighting on your side of it. No one should take that right away from you.

I don’t understand this all or nothing, with me or against me, me vs you, us vs them mindset. You can keep your flag but it will no longer be the flag that represents our state.

Quote:
Wheres the first amendment here? These same people that want the change want open borders, defunding of police depts. and support burning The US flag! My Confederate flag flies in my backyard! I'am proud of it!
Hue Briss is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #35
Hue Briss
Account Disabled

Encounters: 89

I quoted it on the second page of this thread. It clearly states that the secession is about slavery. He dismissed it as an irrelevant “snippet about slavery” and referred to newspapers from the 1800’s over official doctrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend2004 View Post
Read Mississippi Ordinances of Secession. They say it's about Slavery.
Hue Briss is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #36
georgecam
BANNED

Quote:
Do you mean fake news like CNN, Fox or all others?
Not main stream media because I don’t just take their word for it.
It is the History I learned.... but that could be wrong or fake too.
I can only say what Lee and Davis believed in and said. I don’t know what other confederates felt. But for these two great men of confederates knew they were traitor to the great nation of the United States of America.
They both are still heroes to me because when they surrendered they did it for this country (of course that’s how it is written in history too (fake or not)).
Old 06-29-2020, 02:47 PM   #37
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

I have spent years researching the time period between circa 1850 and 1930's. Everything that that has been stated here is snippets of half facts!
Slavery was not the reason we went to war. Nor does the flag represent racism!
John H. Reagan said it best [in summary] that the north would continue to punish the South for generations to come.
That continues today! Still has nothing to do with race.
Northern elitists have always looked down upon the South! That too continues today! They use the race card to take away the South's heritage and ways of life. Our heritage and ways of life has nothing to do with race!
Again I remind folks that the north had more slaves and indentured servants than the South ever did.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #38
georgecam
BANNED

Winn Dixie, you maybe right but that is not how history written. I am talking about history written by both northerners and southerners. I have high respect of General Lee. I always intrigue to learn about him and visited many of his historical places.
Here is one lecture that describes his personality and some insight of his view what confederate heritage should do. It is long and it is one that you can just listen to audio. There are many others posted in YouTube. The lecture will not say right or wrong or about the flag but it will give southerners different perspectives.

https://youtu.be/yVFoZFH1sLM
Old 06-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #39
aNameinGulfport
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

And it is done.

And the next flag, in another generation or two, will have another fight over the compulsory statement of "In God we trust".
aNameinGulfport is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:38 PM   #40
BassCat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

The pc stuff is ridiculous. I saw today where voice actors are apologizing and steeping down from their jobs voicing characters that are a different color or ethnic background than they are.
BassCat is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:36 PM   #41
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

Robert E. Lee was definitely a contributor to the reason the Mississippi River still flows through St. Louis and New Orlean . I recall that he was primarily in St. Louis.
He served in the Army Corp of Engineers, somewhere around 1854 (I read the book about him about 40 years ago... I apologize that I don’t recall specific details, I believe it was titled “ Lee “ , it would take you a little while to read).
He was a hero in the war with Mexico that won American control of everything north of the Rio Grande including Texas and California...
His home was named Arlington , It’s in his home state of Virginia.
The National Cemetery at Arlington was placed in his back yard so he would be reminded of his decision to side with Virginia and thus the Confederacy .
He was a great man and a gentleman, His father Henry Lee III was the Governor of Virginia and signed the Declaration of Independence. They should leave his statues alone, he earned them...
He was highly revered on both sides of the Mason Dixon line. He was a great American, a great general, and a consummate gentleman... tjmo
Steel Wheels is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:23 AM   #42
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

Hey georgecam, if you haven’t seen Lee Square in Pensacola, ya need to get there ASAP, they’re vandalizing it to the point that the city is watching it 24 hours a day, the Mayor of Pensacola made a statement about it yesterday... it’s the reason for my last post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #43
CbBrown88
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

As someone who is originally from Mississippi, that flag needs to come down. No questions asked.
CbBrown88 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #44
georgecam
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Hey georgecam, if you haven’t seen Lee Square in Pensacola, ya need to get there ASAP, they’re vandalizing it to the point that the city is watching it 24 hours a day, the Mayor of Pensacola made a statement about it yesterday... it’s the reason for my last post
Sucks...they vandalized one in Richmond, VA too. I haven’t hear status of Lee’s homes in Richmond and Western part of VA...

As far as Lee Status, I am torn on what to do here is why..
He was a great American who cared for this country.
He was a great General.
He joined confederate for his family and friends. Not by his choice.
He knew he would be a traitor as soon as he wear confederate uniform/flag.
From everything I read, he wasn’t a racist (unlike J Davis).

To me he is a Hero but I am not sure on status (Lee didn’t want status of himself anyway).

As for MS flag, I support the change base on above reasons. Y’all will get new one that will be better and you will be able to vote on new one. I will congrat to citizens of MS when new flag has been adapted.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #45
Steel Wheels
Valued Poster

Found this on Pinterest
I recommend this one, Roll Tide Roll

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women