Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default 75k for Happiness and here all along I thought it was bashing whoever is President

They say money can't buy happiness. They're wrong.
At least up to a point.
People's emotional well-being — happiness — increases along with their income up to about $75,000, researchers report in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. . .

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/7188688.html

On a related note we rank 9th on the scale of countries happiness. We shoot up to number one if Sara Palin and her crew are taken out of the mix!

Comparing their life-satisfaction results with those of other countries, the researchers said the United States ranked ninth after the Scandinavian countries, Canada, the Netherlands, Switzerland and New Zealand

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default dang wtf we are like having a meeting almost

are you listening to the radio?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Pretty sure it's a repeatable observation. The number moves with inflation but the survey always shows a point on the income curve beyond which there is a diminishing return on "happiness."

Mo' money, mo' problems!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

First off all, WTF, aka "Link King" (although .. is giving him a run for his money), thank you for summarizing your point so I didn't have to actually go to the link...

...but I got to say it makes sense...I don't know what the right number is and it has to vary greatly by geography but being able to reasonably provide for your family has to take a whole lot of base stress out of your life....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Talking In our case, more like ''reasonably provide for your dick's pleasure''

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post

but being able to reasonably provide for your family has to take a whole lot of base stress out of your life....
Well that and having plenty of fuc you $ sure don't hurt!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
oden
Valued Poster

I guess that is why most men that make more than 75k hobbie.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Laurentius
Valued Poster

I suspect that 75k is enough to meet the base of the pyramid of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

That shouldn't be interpreted as money buying happiness. That same level of happiness could be provided by redefining needs in many cases so they can be more easily met. That is, the desire for an expensive car can be redefined as the desire for a reliable car once it is understood that trying to impress people you'll never know is wasteful.

Happiness = what you've got/what you want. So long as the basics are met, you can increase happiness by getting more ... or by wanting less.

I would theorize that in general, for those with incomes greater than 75k; the decline in happiness is not caused by greater income; but rather by their desires increasing faster than their income such that their desires always seem to be moving further away. This makes sense as those who are most highly motivated by material desires would be more likely to have incomes greater than 75k.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
I suspect that 75k is enough to meet the base of the pyramid of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

That shouldn't be interpreted as money buying happiness. That same level of happiness could be provided by redefining needs in many cases so they can be more easily met. That is, the desire for an expensive car can be redefined as the desire for a reliable car once it is understood that trying to impress people you'll never know is wasteful.

Happiness = what you've got/what you want. So long as the basics are met, you can increase happiness by getting more ... or by wanting less.

I would theorize that in general, for those with incomes greater than 75k; the decline in happiness is not caused by greater income; but rather by their desires increasing faster than their income such that their desires always seem to be moving further away. This makes sense as those who are most highly motivated by material desires would be more likely to have incomes greater than 75k.
I'm not suggesting money can buy happiness...and we all know folk that if they make 50 they spend 50; if they make 75 they spend 90 & if they make 500 they spend 600....etc...etc....

I do contend taking one base need, feeding your family, off the table sets you up for happiness. That is not to say their aren't a bunch of unhappy rich people out there...hell I'll suggest a bunch on this bored.

If you take say a hundred people making $20K and a hundred making $200K put them in a room and ask about happiness. More of the 200k group is will report :happiness"
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
Egrbvr
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Been poor, been rich. Rich is better, but so much of being happy is unrelated to money that money isn't part of the equation past some threshold. If you cannot accept that someone else will always be richer, prettier, yada yada, than you, then no amount of $ will help and you will die a miserable curmudgeon.
Egrbvr is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women