Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60156
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40382
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 10-30-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Trump will sign Executive Order revoking birthright citizenship. And, of course, lies about it!

Trump is going to try and end birthright citizenship by Executive Order.

I don’t think he’ll get ever through the courts with that one, but what the fuck, it’s a week before Election Day! If this doesn’t get the faithful marching to the polls ...

YOW!

https://apple.news/AOzUozkjiQXSBDWMxLx8Cdw

Exclusive: Trump targeting birthright citizenship with executive order

President Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said yesterday in an exclusive interview for "Axios on HBO,"a new four-part documentary news series debuting on HBO this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Why it matters: This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting "anchor babies" and "chain migration." And it will set off another stand-off with the courts, as Trump’s power to do this through executive action is debatable to say the least.

Trump told "Axios on HBO" that he has run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed with the highly controversial move, which certainly will face legal challenges.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump said, declaring he can do it by executive order.

When told that's very much in dispute, Trump replied: "You can definitely do it with an Act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order."

"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits," Trump continued. "It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end." (More than 30 countries, most in the Western Hemisphere, provide birthright citizenship.)

"It's in the process. It'll happen ... with an executive order."

The president expressed surprise that "Axios on HBO" knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one. "
Behind the scenes: "Axios on HBO" had been working for weeks on a story on Trump’s plans for birthright citizenship, based on conversations with several sources, including one close to the White House Counsel’s office.

The legal challenges would force the courts to decide on a constitutional debate over the 14th Amendment, which says:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Be smart: Few immigration and constitutional scholars believe it is within the president's power to change birthright citizenship, former U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services chief counsel Lynden Melmed tells Axios.

But some conservatives have argued that the 14th Amendment was only intended to provide citizenship to children born in the U.S. to lawful permanent residents — not to unauthorized immigrants or those on temporary visas.
John Eastman, a constitutional scholar and director of Chapman University's Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, told "Axios on HBO" that the Constitution has been misapplied over the past 40 or so years. He says the line "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" originally referred to people with full, political allegiance to the U.S. — green card holders and citizens.

Michael Anton, a former national security official in the Trump administration, recently took up this argument in the Washington Post.

Anton said that Trump could, viaexecutive order, "specify to federal agencies that the children of noncitizens are not citizens" simply because they were born on U.S. soil. (It’s not yet clear whether Trump will take this maximalist argument, though his previous rhetoric suggests there’s a good chance.)
But others — such as Judge James C. Ho, who was appointed by Trump to Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, in New Orleans — say the line in the amendment refers to the legal obligation to follow U.S. laws, which applies to all foreign visitors (except diplomats) and immigrants. He has written that changing how the 14th Amendment is applied would be "unconstitutional."

Between the lines: Until the 1960s, the 14th Amendment was never applied to undocumented or temporary immigrants, Eastman said.

Between 1980 and 2006, the number of births to unauthorized immigrants — which opponents of birthright citizenship call "anchor babies" — skyrocketed to a peak of 370,000, according to a 2016 study by Pew Research. It then declined slightly during and following the Great Recession.

The Supreme Court has already ruled that children born to immigrants who are legal permanent residents have citizenship. But those who claim the 14th Amendment should not apply to everyone point to the fact that there has been no ruling on a case specifically involving undocumented immigrants or those with temporary legal status.

The bottom line: If Trump follows through on the executive order, "the courts would have to weigh in in a way they haven't," Eastman said.

The full interview will air on "Axios on HBO" this Sunday, Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Go deeper:
Reality check: Trump told migrants to go home. That's not how the system works

Infographic: What happens when families cross the border
The big picture: U.S. could face prolonged era of anti-immigrant fever
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

This is just a mid term ploy.

The public and left wing media should jyst ignore this nonsense while the right wing media will try and play this up.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

What did he lie about?
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

He said we were the only country in the world that allows birthright citizenship.

Patently false. Around 30 nations do.

I copied it in bold face letters. Read.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
He said we were the only country in the world that allows birthright citizenship.

Yet just last week Trump was in Houston supporting a so called anchor baby in Ted Cruz for a election to the Senate. Oh the irony...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Yet the Loyalists don’t give a shit. Keep those ”very bad” people and Middle Easterners out of America.

Maybe he’ll dress in full military uniform and stand atop a tank at the border when the asylum seekers arrive. In December!
Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I found a support group for the Trump haters. I'm just trying to be helpful because some of these Trump haters are losing their minds!
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

According to this link, only two Countries, The Us and Canada, have birthright by means of simply being born on that Coutry's soil.

https://www.quora.com/In-which-count...childs-parents

The others all contain some typ of Caveat that prevents what has come to be called "anchor babies".

I agree that Section One of the 14th Amendment is written in plain enough English to understand that an Executive Ordr will not stand up to judicial scrutiny.

But, it's good politics.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

I agree that Section One of the 14th Amendment is written in plain enough English to understand that an Executive Ordr will not stand up to judicial scrutiny.

But, it's good politics.
it is good politics to the uninformed.

which is one of the reasons why Trump is losing educated white women in the suburbs
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

I agree that Section One of the 14th Amendment is written in plain enough English to understand that an Executive Order will not stand up to judicial scrutiny.

But, it's good politics.
Has anyone seen a copy of the EO? I guess NOT!

Quote:
By Alex Leary (in WSJ)
Updated Oct. 30, 2018 10:35 a.m. ET
WASHINGTON—President Trump is planning an executive order he says would terminate the automatic right to citizenship for children born in the U.S. to noncitizens, a move most legal experts said would be unconstitutional and one that escalates his tough stance on immigration ahead of the midterm elections.

It’s in the process. It’ll happen, with an executive order,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with Axios made public this morning.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-p...u-s-1540901506

The Anti/Never Trumpers ...... VVVVVVV

... 7 days before the elections ...

... coverage for "pre-existing conditions" just got shelved in their hysteria!!!!!

Republicans already passed a bill for "pre-existing conditions" ... anyway!!!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

It’s a bullshit political ploy aimed at low-information voters who are still looking for birth certificates in the Kenyan jungle.

Anything to take the nation’s mind off Trump’s failures in policy and leadership that resulted in the events of last week.

Anything to shift the narrative back to fighting the unseen hordes swarming into our country.

Make America Grieve Again.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Has anyone seen a copy of the EO? I guess NOT!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-p...u-s-1540901506

The Anti/Never Trumpers ...... VVVVVVV

... 7 days before the elections ...

... coverage for "pre-existing conditions" just got shelved in their hysteria!!!!!

Republicans already passed a bill for "pre-existing conditions" ... anyway!!!!!
Really needed to be repeated ... for educational purposes.

On Sunday afternoon in the Fall ... it's called a "flea-flicker"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Not these women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
it is good politics to the uninformed.

which is one of the reasons why Trump is losing educated white women in the suburbs
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Gentle Ben1
BANNED

Seems to be a gaggle of them Ellen
Gentle Ben1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Not these women.
Yes,I readily admit that Trump has the brainless bimbo vote locked up.

I specifically said educated informed Suburban women
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women