Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25
Default Man, Woman sentenced for online activities

Read this article on-line today. I read another that went into more detail.
Appears there was quite a bit of money involved. I figured many of you may have known about it already.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/txn/Pres...on_sen_pr.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/03/20/2054951/briefs-arlington-residents-sentenced.html

Man, woman sentenced for online prostitution
Two Arlington residents have been sentenced after pleading guilty to running an Internet prostitution ring. Kelly Marie Jellison, 24, will serve a two-year federal prison sentence on charges of money laundering and aiding and abetting, the U.S. attorney's office announced Friday. Co-defendant Byron Johnson, 46, was sentenced to five years in federal prison last week and fined $20,000. Johnson and Jellison were partners, according to court documents. Jellison and other women traveled from Texas to cities such as Chicago, New York and Boston to engage in prostitution with men solicited through the Internet. The prostitutes were paid with credit cards and cash, and the money was deposited into a bank account that Johnson and Jellison controlled, court documents said. The money was used for airline tickets, hotel rooms and advertising. The proceeds were also used to make a $10,000 down payment on a Flying Spur Bentley luxury car and to make payments on a home on River Legacy Drive in Arlington.

TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

They made a down payment on a Bentley, huh? Now THAT'S living low. It should be mandatory that "Goodfellas" be shown in pimp school.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

U.S. Attys with nothing better to do than prosecute HDHs in federal court? Even with this kind of money involved?

No wonder they are refusing to prosecute drug dealers. Gotta spend their time prosecuting the hard criminals selling pussy and not H.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
looiecypher
Account Disabled

Encounters: 94

well it sounds like these folks set themselves up for the fall.ran all the funds through their personal accounts .bought Bentleys ect.Stayed real low keyed didn't they?
looiecypher is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Can you say "tax evasion".

100-to-1 odds that the Bentley, etc. is currently being surrendered to the IRS in a civil proceeding.

They throw in the criminal case to make it easier to grab the cash.

Yeah, there's bigger fish. But the Feds still have reason enough to go after 'em. You gotta be ready for the consequences if you're gonna live large.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:29 AM   #6
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Yeah. I think what alerted the FEDS was that interstate commerce. Somewhere a big red flag popped up for them. I imagine big deposits were made from different locations around the country. That would pop up to a bank auditor who may have alerted the FEDS.
The article says they were doing business as Darkside Productions, Inc., a/k/a EROS.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

never put down any more that $5000 on a car. If you got the cash....great, send it as first payment. IRS questions lump sum down payments.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Cold Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowshopper View Post
never put down any more that $5000 on a car. If you got the cash....great, send it as first payment. IRS questions lump sum down payments.
Never put down more than $5,000 on a car?

Are you kidding?

The best way to buy a car is to pay cash!

Their mistake was not properly laundering the money and not keeping a low profile while raking it in. The money went to their heads.

Nonetheless, the punishment is much too severe. 5 years in the slammer or even 2 years is still a very large chunk of one's life!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
baytownswm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowshopper View Post

The actual number is $9,999. $1 more requires the dealer to submit a form to the IRS. The dealer may also submit the form for less for a given number of reasons. Like was said before, just put it on a note and pay it off in a few months. Plus it will build your score.
baytownswm is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
Get_It_Greg
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Never put down more than $5,000 on a car?

Are you kidding?

The best way to buy a car is to pay cash!

Their mistake was not properly laundering the money and not keeping a low profile while raking it in. The money went to their heads.

Nonetheless, the punishment is much too severe. 5 years in the slammer or even 2 years is still a very large chunk of one's life!

its not the best way to pay if you are doing something "illegal".

this is ridiculous, i though this was the land of the free and the home of the brave. let the pimps and hookers (of age) pay taxes legally, because its gonna happen whether the govt likes it or not. there are loopholes around anything but the way its set up now, they are damned if the do and damned if they dont. 5 years? there are child molesters getting 1-2 years.... we need to focus our efforts on serious shit like the two wars we are in, not to mention a war on drugs (lol, if i say so myself) and a global war on T. our justice system is f'ed up.
Get_It_Greg is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:13 AM   #11
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownswm View Post
The actual number is $9,999. $1 more requires the dealer to submit a form to the IRS. The dealer may also submit the form for less for a given number of reasons. Like was said before, just put it on a note and pay it off in a few months. Plus it will build your score.

Actually any deposit over $5000 puts you on the radar. Banks have regulations that follows the money.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
Get_It_Greg
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Actually any deposit over $5000 puts you on the radar. Banks have regulations that follows the money.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4672449_tr...port-irs_.html
Get_It_Greg is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
Sensual,kneads
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 20260
My ECCIE Reviews

The government became very intrusive after 9/11 and that’s when most of these requirements were created or strengthened. I am an ex-banker and I will be honest, there are 2 types of forms as mentioned in the article above but don't be mislead - banks OFTEN file the Suspicious Activity Report for amounts deposited and withdrawn well below the $5000 requirement. The key word is suspicious! A teller friend of mine completed one for this gentleman that was depositing anywhere between $500 - $1200 every few days, and I assume there is a real body in the government that reviews the reports daily because within a week we received notice that the account was part of a small but rapidly gaining momentum pyramid scheme. Red flags were raised because even though the deposits were well below the necessary amount to complete the form, it was suspicious! Other financial institutions must have thought so too because we were told they received several caution indicators by other institutions as well as ours!
Another business that is also required to complete a SAR form that you may not even be aware of - is a corner store! I ran a firework stand two years ago and as the business started to pick up closer to the holiday I did not feel comfortable or safe maintaining the massive amount of cash I was taking in so I went to the closest store to get a money order. The guy at the store was so nonchalant about it, I almost didn't even notice, he was asking what seemed to me like random conversation questions or making small talk and I didn't notice until he requested a drivers license that he was gathering information! I was on the defense immediately, why would this clerk need my id for a money order, and then it was explained to me! At that point, regardless if I followed through or didn't follow through with the money order purchase, the person was required to provide as much info as possible to complete this form (description of me, my car, approximately how many of each 5,10,20 etc. I had on my person). I thought it was slightly unusual that small corner stores that just offered money orders and no other financial instruments such as wire transfers were now required fill out the form for anything above $999. Most two bedroom apartment complexes are over $999!
One more to be aware of - businesses that are considered transaction brokers! A big name that most would know - PAYPAL! They also have the same reporting requirements that banks do!
Sensual,kneads is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women