Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47425
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 12-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Muy Largo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default President-elect says "Landslide victory". True?

President-elect Trump has repeatedly stated that his victory was a "landslide". Do you agree?
What do the results of this election -the scale of victory- mean in terms of the new administration's agenda?
Muy Largo is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I'm pretty sure he means an "Electoral" landslide. If you look at it that way yes. Clinton lost by a larger electoral margin than any democrat in 30 years.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Largo View Post
President-elect Trump has repeatedly stated that his victory was a "landslide". Do you agree?
What do the results of this election -the scale of victory- mean in terms of the new administration's agenda?
Did you vote for him?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:35 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Largo View Post
IMO, Trump's victory in the electoral college was significant, but not a landslide. However, the fact that the Republicans kept the House and the Senate while winning the presidency makes Trump's victory as significant as a landslide.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Actually, who really gives a shit whether it was a "landslide" by anyone's standard .... given THE FACT that the darling of the Liberals and the "heir-apparent" to the Obaminable Throne .. aka the Oral Office toilet seat .... was "ahead" of Trump in the early summer of 2015 by 16 points ...

...HIS sound defeat of HER and her also rans was an ASS-KICKING!!!!

And a lot worse of one than ...

... the First Black President who was a "community organizer" gave her in 2008!

Bill failed her again!!!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Not a landslide either electorally or popularly.
But a landslide effect in that it will essentially give the Republicans all three branches of government.

But remember Trump is an anti-establishment Rep and may not work well with others.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
But remember Trump ... may not work well with others.
Yes! Won't that be a refreshing course correction for the World!

Obama TO RUSSIANS 2012: "I'll have more flexibility after election."

"Flexibility"!!!

Old 12-17-2016, 03:33 PM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Landslide is rather subjective. If Trump was expected to win and did win with what he did then it would not be a landslide. However, if Trump was expected to lose (which he was) and goes on to win by a significant margin then I guess you could say landslide. The important thing here is "mandate". Does he have the blessing of the electorate to make some strong changes in how we do things? I'd say that he does since not only did he win the electoral college vote but the GOP still maintains control of the House and Senate. Three for three in other words.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Landslide is rather subjective. If Trump was expected to win and did win with what he did then it would not be a landslide. However, if Trump was expected to lose (which he was) and goes on to win by a significant margin then I guess you could say landslide. The important thing here is "mandate". Does he have the blessing of the electorate to make some strong changes in how we do things? I'd say that he does since not only did he win the electoral college vote but the GOP still maintains control of the House and Senate. Three for three in other words.
And with the GOP control of the House and Senate and Trump's win, we won't have a hard " left turn " of SCOTUS !!!!
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:01 PM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
And with the GOP control of the House and Senate and Trump's win, we won't have a hard " left turn " of SCOTUS !!!!
+1.
I said many times before the election that it was about one thing. The Supreme Court.

The House. The Senate. The Presidency. Conservative SCOTUS nominees.

Pretty convincing.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:16 AM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
That's what I'm hoping for. It may not be a landslide, and Trump may be a disaster, but he is not the catastrophe of biblical proportions that Hillary would have been. I hope.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:22 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
One other "element" in the Russians-Are-Coming scenario that is being INTENTIONALLY IGNORED are the State races for Governors and State Legislatures ... not to mention the recent U.S. Senate race in Louisiana. So, the Russians "HACKED" those also?

How much of the U.S. uranium holdings did HillaryNoMore approve to be sold to the "HACKERS"?

How much was the Foundation paid by the Russians for Bill to ACCEPT the speaking invite by the "HACKERS"?

All this HACKER bullshit is to cover up the turds in the sandpile and make excuses for a lame candidate.

And to detract from this activity by the HACKERS:

Old 12-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Republican Governors 2015

After the 2016 elections ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f6acf6389780

Republicans will control 25 states and the Democrats only 5.

The "Russians" did it???? Or was it Comey? Or was it the Martians?
Old 12-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Muy Largo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default my humble perception

Confession. I am unhappy with both major parties. I struggle with the behaviors of each. I tend to prefer public service oriented public servants. I prefer public servants who can use language with precision, and can accurately express their views. I don't like gamesmanship. Special interests are expert at confusing regular folks like me. Today's sophisticated public relations operations are a couple steps ahead of most people. Many citizens are apt to use self-serving information. I find President-elect Trump to be a bragger and he often lacks the level of respect for others I prefer in civil relations. He certainly has been successful as a business person, at least in the sense that he has accumulated lots of money and property. He seems prone to hyperbole, though. His level of nuance seems a bit shallow at times. His declaration that he won a landslide seems a bit over the top to me. He fell short of something like 45 or 46 % of the overall popular vote. That means most people did not vote for him. His electoral college victory is rather unremarkable, if you review presidential elections to the Civil War and the electoral college history. I have long viewed the electoral college as a troubled system, and this election revealed -once again- some of the inequities. But that's a different subject. What is remarkable about President-elect Trump is the surprise factor of his victory. That is quite remarkable, and damn interesting. But a landslide? In my opinion, not so. There were many in his own party that did not support him, even warned others about him. I do not feel he should behave as if he possesses some sort of mandate. That demeans the majority of Americans who voted for a different candidate, or perhaps, voted against Mr. Trump.
Muy Largo is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I think someone is a little butt hurt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8IvxDBVNMk
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women