Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 04-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Traveling with Toys, an update?

I posted a topic on another board a long time ago about having a lot of toys in the car and it was answered very nicely by many folks.

Recently, I purchased a "toybox" of sorts and have been taking it with me to outcall appointments. The other night, it suddenly occurred to me that I had in my car about ten different dildos, nipple clamps, rope, etc., and NOT to mention a TON of condoms (all different brands that I get from online). This wouldn't look good, would it?

Although, supposedly, the 5-dildo law is no longer in effect, what is the current atmosphere with regard to toys in the vehicle (Texas, most specifically)?

Thanks.
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
KlassyKelliAnn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2751
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

"5 dildo law" seriously? LOL Never heard of that before.

I would imagine if you were (unintentionally) soliciting to an undercover agent the bag of goodies could be used as evidence to pose a case.

Otherwise, if you were stopped for a broken tail-light and they decided to search (if allowed) then they may just look at you a bit cross eyed! LOL Or the following week, who knows! they may be the ones to call ya! LOL

Seriously, though, I have wondered about this too....I am totally blank...

Anyone...?

KKA
KlassyKelliAnn is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

Elisabeth --

Do you carry the toy box in your trunk? If so, and if stopped, and the officer asks "Do you mind opening the trunk?", you have the right to refuse.

He'll probably try brow-beating you: "Why are you worried, unless you have something to hide?"

Your answer: "If you have 'probable cause' to have my trunk searched, then get a search warrant! Do you need the search warrant; or do I need to talk to your chief, Officer ___, Badge #___, about harassment?"

He may be hiding ulterior motives: He left his handcuffs back at Dunkin Donuts, and needs to borrow yours!
Guest080312-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

This doesn't apply to your legal question, or maybe you in general if you are mainly a driver...

...but if you are flying...box that stuff up and Priority Mail it to yourself at your hotel (and note your checkin date next to your name)...I send all kinds of stuff ahead these days, particularly with all these baggage fees....actually cheaper & no hassle
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Cheyenna
Account Disabled

User ID: 24716
My ECCIE Reviews

I am new and this might be on here someplace, but just in case...
http://www.ridelust.com/protect-your...t-pulled-over/
Cheyenna is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
GingerOnTour
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5133
My ECCIE Reviews

Well the onlt states I know of that have laws against possession of sex toys are AL, SD, and IA. If you keep all items in the trunk of your car (hatchback, SUV, and Pick-up nope sorry) they are protected by your 4th amendment right (search) as long as you do not give permission to search your car your golden. Got a ticket about a year ago in AL for possession of lude materials thats the only reason why I know about this (dildo in the purse on my way to an outcall)
GingerOnTour is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Cheyenna
Account Disabled

User ID: 24716
My ECCIE Reviews

the video is a wealth of info. I am gonna post it elsewhere too.
Cheyenna is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
Chloe
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2917
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I travel a bit. I travel with toys and 90% of the time I get that secondary search but it always ends up with a bunch of security guards waving to me as I run to cetch my flight saying "Have fun! You know where we work!" lol.

One time they debated the fact that I had handcuffs but still allowed me through.

I am definatly going to look up these hilarious laws against toy traveling though!!!
Chloe is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
Chloe
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2917
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The TSA Hates Your Vibrator / How to safely fly with your sex toys
June 14, 2007|By Violet Blue, Special to SF Gates

Use common sense. Don't put sex toys in your carry-on baggage unless you absolutely have to. Remember that if they're confiscating toenail clippers and eyebrow tweezers, they're definitely not letting you bring the fuzzy handcuffs, tit clamps, leather flogger or unusually shaped vibrator on the plane. Don't put anything in your carry-on you aren't willing to part with if security decides it's potentially dangerous. Even if you believe their decision is uninformed, you won't be in any position to argue if you want to make your flight.
Bag your toys. Even if they're not liquid, you'll want to put each toy in a Ziploc bag (does the TSA have a Ziploc fetish or stock in the company?), even if you pack it in your checked luggage. If they single you out in the security line to have your bag pawed through and contents examined, you won't want those filthy gloves of theirs touching anything of yours destined for an intimate area -- not after they've been touching everyone else's shoes, child toys, hairbrushes, laptops and more. Ew. Don't forget to bag your checked butt plugs as well -- if your bag gets spot-checked and opened, another pair of dirty gloves will be all over your plugs, and that's just gross.
Their rules don't make sense, but they still apply. Yup, I'm talking about the 3-ounce liquid rule for lubes (just pack the lube, or toss a 1-ounce lube sample in your laptop bag). Interestingly, the TSA doesn't consider gel-filled bras to be dangerous liquids, and they are permitted, no matter how big your "lethal weapons" are. Even if the bottle of Liquid Silk is half full (or half empty), it still isn't permitted if the container size exceeds 3 ounces. Also, remember that the TSA makes inconsistent, on-the-spot decisions that could consider your key-chain clamps as dangerous as toenail clippers. And kinksters beware: Bringing that e-stim unit on the plane just isn't going to happen (your cattle prod must be checked). The fun and games will have to wait until you get your bags.
Remove the batteries from all battery-operated devices -- even if you think they're difficult to turn on. The new push-button pulsing vibes are especially easy to accidentally turn on, and tiny toys powered by watch batteries (like the Fukuoku) are easy to forget about. Even if a vibe doesn't buzz in your bag, if it accidentally starts, it can get hot enough after a while to cause problems. Also, if you bring your vibe in your carry-on, remember that security X-ray personnel might decide the mechanical parts look interesting enough on the X-ray screen that they need to take a closer look. You'll be very glad you bagged your toy when they pull your vibe out by the corner of its Ziploc and hold it up like a dead rat caught by its tail for all to see.
Pack your dicks with care. Dildos are less of a problem because they're generally made of silicone or jelly rubber and have no mechanical parts. Dildos made of glass or porcelain will require special packaging concerns -- wrap them well in soft cloth. Metal dildos will definitely go in your checked luggage. Strap-on harnesses usually have metal buckles or D-rings, and "packing" or wearing a harness with metal fixtures through any security line is not recommended. However, if you have a hot scene planned for the minute you get off the plane, you can wear a fabric or neoprene harness under your clothes, though travel might be more comfortable if you carry on the harness and change in the plane's lavatory before landing. Stow harnesses with metal in your check-in luggage, along with any and all S-M toys. Harnesses and kinky gear aren't cheap, and it would be a tragedy to come all the way from Indiana for the pre-Pride human pony tea party (or -- gasp! -- pulling the Pride pony cart) without your bridle. Replacing your S-M and fetish gear is expensive, while being the prettiest pony at Pride: priceless.
Be aware of the customs and social mores of the place you are traveling to. In Texas, they won't look kindly at a suitcase full of vibrators (possessing more than three is currently illegal in that state).
Chloe is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #10
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the article, Cloe, but I disagree with a little bit of the content. First, I never check my baggage so I always have to either go through a little search or sometimes, everything is fine. I did like the packing tips, though.

They don't care about dildos and toys when you're on an airplane. They really don't. When I carry a lot of condoms and they've checked the bag, there have been a few funny comments but honestly, that's all.

Although I'm surprised a few attorneys haven't chimed in, I'm specifically speaking of the laws in Texas that can be quite Draconian with regard to driving with toys in the vehicle.

I can look up the actual law that was rescinded a few years back but I don't have the time to this morning. But there was a lot of talk about it years ago. Literally, a few big hat church ladies were getting arrested after having dildos found in the back of their vehicles because they hosted bachelorette parties and these were items ordered.

It's a silly rule but then, this is Texas.

Thanks for siting the article, though. I've had a few friends that have checked luggage that had toys and the such and had a few things stolen from the luggage when they picked it up.

Yours,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #11
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerOnTour View Post
If you keep all items in the trunk of your car (hatchback, SUV, and Pick-up nope sorry) they are protected by your 4th amendment right (search) as long as you do not give permission to search your car your golden.
This is actually a large part of why I no longer drive a hatchback.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #12
Guest101210
Account Disabled

User ID: 34397

I didnt see this mentioned yet. I just wanted to chime in regarding condom storage while traveling in a vehicle.
Being a native Texan, our summer month heat is intense and will weaken the latex material in a condom. The heat index can triple within an hr so I always carry them (w/toys/lubes) in a carry on bag along with my daily purse and laptop. The heat will affect the quality of the non metal/steel products too.

Happy Trails!
Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
I posted a topic on another board a long time ago about having a lot of toys in the car and it was answered very nicely by many folks.

Recently, I purchased a "toybox" of sorts and have been taking it with me to outcall appointments. The other night, it suddenly occurred to me that I had in my car about ten different dildos, nipple clamps, rope, etc., and NOT to mention a TON of condoms (all different brands that I get from online). This wouldn't look good, would it?

Although, supposedly, the 5-dildo law is no longer in effect, what is the current atmosphere with regard to toys in the vehicle (Texas, most specifically)?

Thanks.
Elisabeth
Guest101210 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
Sarcastro
Ambassador

Encounters: 6

The statute to which Elisabeth refers is Texas Penal Code § 43.23 (c), which states that "A person commits an offense if, knowing its content and character, he: (1) promotes or possesses with intent to promote any obscene material or obscene device . . ." An offense under this subsection is a class A misdemeanor. Here's the kicker: "(f) A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same." Hence, the 5-dildo rule.

The statute was found to be unconstitutional by a three-judge panel of the 5th Circuit, while the 11th Circuit found a nearly identical Alabama law to be constitutional. I don't anticipate the Supreme Court addressing the circuit split on battery-powered phalli any time soon, so I'd suspect that Elisabeth is safe to flaunt her collection so long as she (and they) remain within the 5th Circuit (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi).
Sarcastro is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
Kurrin Beverly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42785
Default Thanks everyone.

This is very informative and helpful.
Kurrin Beverly is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
PrincessKali
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 40019