Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
If this is all about his race then how do you explain Herman Cain's popularity. I am sick of idiots constantly accusing people who disagree with most of Obama's policies as racist. Can't you acknowledge that just maybe we could not care less about his skin color and that we believe his economic policies are disasterous.

P.S. Bill Maher is an idiot.
Do me a favor check back in 30 days and see if Cain is still as popular. Every other week someone is leading their polls- Bachman was hot at one time- when Perry entered they "chose" him as the person to beat Obama than it was Romney now it's Cain. Have you seen Cain's recent interviews? This guy has no clue: he didn't know what the "Right of Return" was- he flip flopped on his abortion stance and recently Bachmann called him out on flip flopping on abortion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88NmTt1gF80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KvZjdEh2k0
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...bachmann-says/
In terms of race- if you don't think Obama's criticism has something to do with race than you fit Maher's definition- name one other President who was questioned about his birth and asked to show his Certificate?
When is the last time you heard a President disrespected at an address the nation where someone yells out "You Lie"?
When is the last time you heard politicians from the other side say :"Let's make Obama a one time President?" Again that's different from saying:" We hope he is a one time President.
When you say :"let's make him a one time President you are implying that you will not do anything that will remotely raise the chances of getting re-elected- which means you put politics over the country- you put wrong over right.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
If this is all about his race then how do you explain Herman Cain's popularity.
Herman Cain's "popularity" is easy to explain. He is the flavor of the month just as Governor Goodhair was before him. He also provides something that Perry could not in that he is the candidate of convenience by (some) Republicans who are in fact racists to the core. He allows those individuals "plausible deniability" (a phrase well used in Republican circles) that allows them to claim to have a (token) black candidate. Those individuals can then shrug their shoulders and say "Who me, I am not a racist? After all, we have Herman Cain!"

The fact of the matter is that Herman Cain has virtually no chance whatsoever of winning the 2012 Republican nomination. As for the racism issue, if you truly believe that racism is not alive and well in the 2012 Republican Party, you live a very sheltered life indeed! I am not implying that every Republican is a racist but I am saying that many, many of them are. It is especially prevalent in the modern day Republican Party's natural base, located in the Deep South!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #18
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
This may stun you but I fully expect Obama to get re-elected. Not because of his success but because the Republican candidates are such a bunch fruitcakes.

As for the bad economy, I truly believe we would be in the same situation no matter who was president. Let me ask you this. If McCain had been elected do you think the whole bank crisis, sub-prime failure and almost collapse of US auto industry would have happened? Yes or No.

Hate to say this Louie but I am with you. One of my economists friends told me last month that his firm's projections are not good and that a "yellow dog" could beat Obama next year. I countered with "the only problem is that we don't have a yellow dog to run". Instead we have this bunch.
Romney could have been a decent candidate but he will never reject Romneycare and has yet to put together any specifics that contrast him. Perry, really not well informed on many issues.
Cain, actually, I think if the primaries were today, this would be my guy. He has vastly more experience than Obama did four years ago. He actually has a plan. I think he is the most likeable of all the candidates.
Gary Johnson (who??) is probably the candidate who understands governing best but just isn't gaining traction. And as Obama found out there is an enormous difference between campaigning and governing.

The Republican's best hope is that the Democratic base is alienated and stays home which some polls are indicating may happen. Also, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin have Republican governors who have made some big changes. The effect of those changes may be the difference in next year.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

So the Obama strategy, when he loses, is to say those who voted for him in the first elelection dBut didn't in the 2nd because they are racists! HA!
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
name one other President who was questioned about his birth and asked to show his Certificate?
Perhaps because there hasn't been a president with a foreign national as a parent since Hoover (R) in 1928. Harding's (R) parentage was questioned, and race was the issue - and it was the Dimocraps trying to gain political points by doing so.

Quote:
When is the last time you heard a President disrespected at an address the nation where someone yells out "You Lie"?
You keep trotting that incident out as if it were somehow uniquely significant; even as you know congressional Dimocraps did essentially the same thing to Bush. Watch and listen for the “chorus” of boos emanating from several – not just one – congresspersons during the 2005 State of the Union Address.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...the_union.html

Quote:
When is the last time you heard politicians from the other side say :"Let's make Obama a one time President?" Again that's different from saying:" We hope he is a one time President.
Every president since John Adams.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

She probably has an eccie handle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Lol I wouldn't call it come to Jesus, I think it has to do with all the young and pretty nurses who were spoiling me.
In the Therapy Facility is was even better, student nurses from 3 different college's. And now the Therapist that comes to my home .................... wow
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
As for the racism issue, if you truly believe that racism is not alive and well in the 2012 Republican Party, you live a very sheltered life indeed! I am not implying that every Republican is a racist but I am saying that many, many of them are. It is especially prevalent in the modern day Republican Party's natural base, located in the Deep South!
Perhaps you missed the news in 2007:

Indian-American Elected Louisiana’s Governor

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/us...louisiana.html

BTW, he was re-elected again yesterday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/us...ef=bobbyjindal
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #23
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Herman Cain's "popularity" is easy to explain. He is the flavor of the month just as Governor Goodhair was before him. He also provides something that Perry could not in that he is the candidate of convenience by (some) Republicans who are in fact racists to the core. He allows those individuals "plausible deniability" (a phrase well used in Republican circles) that allows them to claim to have a (token) black candidate. Those individuals can then shrug their shoulders and say "Who me, I am not a racist? After all, we have Herman Cain!"

The fact of the matter is that Herman Cain has virtually no chance whatsoever of winning the 2012 Republican nomination. As for the racism issue, if you truly believe that racism is not alive and well in the 2012 Republican Party, you live a very sheltered life indeed! I am not implying that every Republican is a racist but I am saying that many, many of them are. It is especially prevalent in the modern day Republican Party's natural base, located in the Deep South!
+1

...and yes racism is still alive and well. Haven't you heard "denying racism is now the new racism".

I watched his showed Friday night and in a humorous way he hits the nail on the head.

Bill Maher says the rule black Republicans must follow is to never talk about race or racism. “In today’s GOP there is only one correct answer to the discussion about racism. And that is: There is no racism in American anymore. Except reverse-racism against whites. That shit is real. You know, like the rapture?” Maher said on his HBO program “Real Time.” “If you think racism isn’t a problem anymore, you must be living under a rock — on Rick Perry’s hunting camp,” he said.”And what is the Republican solution to these outrageous [racial] inequalities? There isn’t one. And that’s the point. Denying racism is the new racism. To not acknowledge those statistics, to think of that as a ‘black problem’ and not an American problem. To believe, as a majority of FOX viewers do, that reverse-racism is a bigger problem than racism, that’s racist,” Maher later concluded. “And that is the unwritten rule about being a black Republican. You’re welcome in the party as long as you never, ever, ever mention race.”
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
+1

...and yes racism is still alive and well. Haven't you heard "denying racism is now the new racism".

I watched his showed Friday night and in a humorous way he hits the nail on the head.

Bill Maher blah, blah, blah . . .
You missed the news too didn't you . . . evidently you're watching too much Bill Maher and Retching Madcow.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #25
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

I loved the comment by this guy on the site Modern Republican:

"First, I DO admire Maher, for the most part. I don’t always agree with him, but he’s able to point out, in a humorous, sometimes crude, way some of the realities of our experience that we tend to suppress. I wish I had an HBO subscription, but alas, I don’t watch much TV, so I have to watch the occasional clip on the Internet.
Here is the blunt fact that no one ever wants to admit: We are ALL racists. You, me, everyone that comments here. It’s genetically and evolutionarily built into our genes. It’s the fear of the “other”, those that are different than us, that helped perpetuate the species when we lived in tribes. It caused us to band together in like minded groups, while making enemies of those that were different than us. It kept us safe and alive, able to pass on our genes to the next generation. So now, when we look at someone who looks suspiciously different than us, it is a natural, albeit irrational reaction to have an automatic negative attitude towards that person – before we start thinking. It’s instinctual, like automatically loving your child from birth, despite the screaming, whining, vomiting and pooping. And back then, it was one reason why our tribe succeeded and others didn’t.
You don’t see too many Neanderthals around anymore, do you?
But now we are civilized. We have learned a considerable amount since those days, and the need to be afraid of the bogeyman hiding in the bushes is not necessary. We have laws that govern us, and police protection, and the best thing of all, a developed reasoning ability to differentiate between what can harm us and what can’t. So we can consciously suppress our natural inclination to hate those “others”. It’s not hard. It takes constant vigilance, but it’s easy to train the mind to do so. And once trained, from birth, it becomes almost natural. However, if you raise a child to hate others, you’ve created a lifelong bigot.
Unfortunately, for some people it’s easier to revert to natural tendencies rather than think about living equally with our fellow man. And we have societal structures that still encourage it. Politics, for example, always seeks to make us fear those of different political persuasions, so that bolsters our natural aversion to those different than us.
You won’t agree with me on this, but much of religion (not all) tends to do the same thing. We band together in different churches, while claiming we are theologically right and all those other churches are wrong. Witness the pastor in Houston who claims that Mormons (and Romney) are simply a big cult, when in fact (laughably so) Christianity is just as much of a cult as Mormonism – it’s just bigger. So we sit in our churches on Sunday, smug in the knowledge that we know God’s mind, and everyone else doesn’t, thereby creating a nice little tribe that is encouraged to think negatively about our fellow humans. It’s doubtful that Jesus (had he really existed) would have approved.
Which brings me back to Maher. Yes, there is still racism in America. Blacks are racists towards whites, and vice versa. And yellows and reds get the shaft from everyone else. It’s there, and it needs to be acknowledged on a daily basis. We must always be individually, and societally vigilant that we don’t let out genes and our instincts rules our heads.

Ok, off my high horse. I’ll leave the podium for others.
But don’t forget: We are all members of one race – the human race. DNA proves that. It’s downright silly in this day and age , with a global environment, to keep thinking of ourselves as blacks, whites or any other race."

Politics from the eyes of an ebony mom

Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Perhaps you missed the news in 2007:

Indian-American Elected Louisiana’s Governor
I Googled it and was unable to find a "Deep South" plantation that used "Indian-American" slaves!

Please remind me to use the Yahoo search engine next time!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #27
Sugardaddy
Valued Poster

Default Bad economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
As for the bad economy, I truly believe we would be in the same situation no matter who was president.
That sounds so true, each party wants to blame the other, but no one wants to fix the real problems.

Sugardaddy is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

While I will agree that there is a natural instinct to be tribal in nature and be wary of outsiders that may harm the tribe I do not agree that the vast majority of people judge membership in our tribe by skin color. Yes there are exceptions but they are the small minority. I believe that our tribe is the American tribe and Obama is a member of that tribe. The 2008 election proved that and to claim his lousy approval now is racist is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
I loved the comment by this guy on the site Modern Republican:

"First, I DO admire Maher, for the most part. I don’t always agree with him, but he’s able to point out, in a humorous, sometimes crude, way some of the realities of our experience that we tend to suppress. I wish I had an HBO subscription, but alas, I don’t watch much TV, so I have to watch the occasional clip on the Internet.
Here is the blunt fact that no one ever wants to admit: We are ALL racists. You, me, everyone that comments here. It’s genetically and evolutionarily built into our genes. It’s the fear of the “other”, those that are different than us, that helped perpetuate the species when we lived in tribes. It caused us to band together in like minded groups, while making enemies of those that were different than us. It kept us safe and alive, able to pass on our genes to the next generation. So now, when we look at someone who looks suspiciously different than us, it is a natural, albeit irrational reaction to have an automatic negative attitude towards that person – before we start thinking. It’s instinctual, like automatically loving your child from birth, despite the screaming, whining, vomiting and pooping. And back then, it was one reason why our tribe succeeded and others didn’t.
You don’t see too many Neanderthals around anymore, do you?
But now we are civilized. We have learned a considerable amount since those days, and the need to be afraid of the bogeyman hiding in the bushes is not necessary. We have laws that govern us, and police protection, and the best thing of all, a developed reasoning ability to differentiate between what can harm us and what can’t. So we can consciously suppress our natural inclination to hate those “others”. It’s not hard. It takes constant vigilance, but it’s easy to train the mind to do so. And once trained, from birth, it becomes almost natural. However, if you raise a child to hate others, you’ve created a lifelong bigot.
Unfortunately, for some people it’s easier to revert to natural tendencies rather than think about living equally with our fellow man. And we have societal structures that still encourage it. Politics, for example, always seeks to make us fear those of different political persuasions, so that bolsters our natural aversion to those different than us.
You won’t agree with me on this, but much of religion (not all) tends to do the same thing. We band together in different churches, while claiming we are theologically right and all those other churches are wrong. Witness the pastor in Houston who claims that Mormons (and Romney) are simply a big cult, when in fact (laughably so) Christianity is just as much of a cult as Mormonism – it’s just bigger. So we sit in our churches on Sunday, smug in the knowledge that we know God’s mind, and everyone else doesn’t, thereby creating a nice little tribe that is encouraged to think negatively about our fellow humans. It’s doubtful that Jesus (had he really existed) would have approved.
Which brings me back to Maher. Yes, there is still racism in America. Blacks are racists towards whites, and vice versa. And yellows and reds get the shaft from everyone else. It’s there, and it needs to be acknowledged on a daily basis. We must always be individually, and societally vigilant that we don’t let out genes and our instincts rules our heads.

Ok, off my high horse. I’ll leave the podium for others.
But don’t forget: We are all members of one race – the human race. DNA proves that. It’s downright silly in this day and age , with a global environment, to keep thinking of ourselves as blacks, whites or any other race."

Politics from the eyes of an ebony mom

Laz is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I Googled it and was unable to find a "Deep South" plantation that used "Indian-American" slaves!

Please remind me to use the Yahoo search engine next time!
Not surprising that you can't manage a proper web search. After all, you're a Dimocrap. Here ya go:

The Virginia Gazette of Aug. 4, 1768, describes one young "East Indian" as "a well made fellow, about 5 feet 4 inches high" who had "a thin visage, a very sly look, and a remarkable set of fine white teeth." Another is identified as "an East India negro man" who speaks French and English.

http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/saxon/...ad=v1768080277

http://www.freeafricanamericans.com/East_Indians.htm

http://www.indiacurrents.com/article...lonial-america
Old 10-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #30
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post
Hate to say this Louie but I am with you. One of my economists friends told me last month that his firm's projections are not good and that a "yellow dog" could beat Obama next year. I countered with "the only problem is that we don't have a yellow dog to run". Instead we have this bunch.
Romney could have been a decent candidate but he will never reject Romneycare and has yet to put together any specifics that contrast him. Perry, really not well informed on many issues.
Cain, actually, I think if the primaries were today, this would be my guy. He has vastly more experience than Obama did four years ago. He actually has a plan. I think he is the most likeable of all the candidates.
Gary Johnson (who??) is probably the candidate who understands governing best but just isn't gaining traction. And as Obama found out there is an enormous difference between campaigning and governing.

The Republican's best hope is that the Democratic base is alienated and stays home which some polls are indicating may happen. Also, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin have Republican governors who have made some big changes. The effect of those changes may be the difference in next year.
How can you say Cain has more experience than Obama when Cain has never been in politics- Obama was a senator so obviously he has some knowledge of politics. Cain's plan of 9-9-9 would not be a disaster- Rick Perry's plan is a flat tax rate- how many times have we been down that road? I agree with your assessment off Romney who in my opinion will get the nod but will lose to Obama- Romney is trying to be a conservative by convenience as Perry and others have pointed out and he has a flip flopper of major proportions and just comes off as a slick businessman. I hate to say it but his faith will be a minor issues and he will lose voters on that alone- but I don't care how you draw it up Obmacare was modeled after RomneyCare and that will never go away. I hope I can find the interview with Romney and the late Tim Russert- where Tim Russert asked him clearly: " If this plan is working well In Mass- could it be a model to work everywhere?" Romney's response was Yes. However, now Romney is trying to claim that it was State specific and it shouldn't be used as a national model- when Santorum called him out on deleting that from his book they were right- Romney is a flip flopping liar that is trying to appeal to the Tea part to moderate conservatives but it won't work.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women