Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Government to Monitor Twitter - To "Protect Us"

Tell me this isn't true! Do you still think I'm paranoid?

http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-to-m...social-unrest/

Beam me up!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Yea, this is really over the top. Is this site you got this information trustworthy? Are there any other news sites that also state this? I am just curious, not discounting what you have posted but haven't seen anything on the news or on any news sites about this. So does this mean if protesters connect via twitter/facebook and are organizing for protest through such type applications/sites that it is now being looked at as a threat to national security?
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Good question. I know infowars is a controversial site, so I double checked. Here it is.

http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/2..._business_beat
Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Tell me this isn't true! Do you still think I'm paranoid?

http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-to-m...social-unrest/
This comes as a surprise?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Unfortunately, no. Not a surprise at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

and you do not think your email is monitored?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

From what I understand, everything that gets entered into a computer is filtered through the NSA for keywords that raise an eyebrow. We don't need no stinkin' rights!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It keeps on coming. Spy on your neighbor. Other regimes have tried this, and we defeated them in WWII

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/st...terstitialskip

Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It keeps on coming. Spy on your neighbor. Other regimes have tried this, and we defeated them in WWII

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/st...terstitialskip

I don't have time to find the link to the news article but the same thing with monitoring women and suspicious activities in hotels with regard to prostitution. It was asking for hotel guests and the hotels themselves to look for women dressed a certain way, etc.

I think talking about it, and educating people letting them know there is something they can do, email, write to congress or your elected officials. So many things we can do. What I would hate to see is people becoming discouraged and thinking there is nothing they can do about the erosion of our civil rights. It is just like in Arizona when the governor there wanted to force anyone who looked Hispanic to show papers/proof of citizen ship or green card on the spot and gave license to police to pull these folks over. It reminds me of what was done to the Jewish people with regard to the Nazi's.

Law enforcement and governmental agencies are using fear as a way to get people to think this is "ok" if it means being safe. I disagree with this. Like I said before this all reminds me of the movie "V" for Vendetta. I guess art does imitate life after all.

Edit: Just thought I would add some great quotes and lines from the movie V for Vendetta:

"Fear became the ultimate tool of this government"

~ * Our story begins, as these stories often do, with a young up-and-coming politician [Sutler]. "He's a deeply religious man and a member of the conservative party. He's completely single-minded and has no regard for the political process. The more power he attains, the more obvious his zealotry and the more aggressive his supporters become. Eventually, his party launches a special project in the name of national security. At first, it's believed to be a search for biological weapons and is pursued without regard to its cost. However, the true goal of this project is power; complete and total hegemonic domination. The project, however, ends violently. But the efforts of those involved are not in vain, for a new ability to wage war is born from the blood of the victims. Imagine a virus, the most terrifying virus you can, and then imagine that you and you alone have the cure. But if the ultimate goal is power, how best to use such a weapon? It is at this point in our story that along comes a spider [Creedy]. Here is a man seemingly without a conscience for whom the ends always justify the means, and it is he who suggests that their target should not be an enemy of the country, but rather the country itself. Three targets are chosen to maximize the effect of the attack: a school, a tube station, and a water treatment plant. Several hundred die within the first few weeks. Fueled by the media, fear and panic spread quickly, fracturing and dividing the country until at last the true goal comes into view. Before the St. Mary's crisis, no one would have predicted the results of the election that year, no one. But not long after the election, lo and behold, a miracle. Some believed it was the work of God Himself, but it was a pharmaceutical company controlled by certain party members [Prothero & others] that made them all obscenely rich. A year later, several extremists are tried, found guilty and executed while a memorial is built to canonize their victims.
But the end result, the true genius of the plan, was the fear. Fear became the ultimate tool of this government, and through it our politician was ultimately appointed to the newly created position of High Chancellor. The rest, as they say, is history.~"

Old 11-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Why ruin an otherwise informed post by regurgitating myths about the AZ law?

Anyone suspected of a crime has to show proof of citizenship. To compare the same level of proof needed to cash a check to the systematic extermination of Jews is beyond ridiculous.

Too bad, you were the last leftist here I hadn't put on "ignore".
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Iaintliein,

I think it is fair to say that any police officer can make up a reason for "of suspicious activity" just to harass anyone of ethnic origin. I think unless a law has actually been broken then you look into immigration status and deport them if they are found guilty. What was being pushed and then found to be unconstitutional was that it was a tool to harass these people. Yes, it reminds me of how things got started with regard to the Jewish people.

Now I have to go look the youtube news because I remember quite a few Mexican Americans talking to the media about being harassed in AZ and how it was impacted their community. I think in the end AZ ran off so many of the Hispanic community with this that it actually backfired on them financially if I recall.

Edit: Anyway I think you missed my point entirely. The government uses "fear" to get people to give up their civil rights in the guise of protecting them. If you target a specific group say "the terrorists" or "those invading illegal immigrants" and use that fear then you enact these insane laws and policies that take away our civil rights. That was the point I was trying to make.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

And that is a terrific point, Guilty, fear is the unifier.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

And now it's spying street lights.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/federall...ersations.html

Yes, I know it is PrisonPlanet, but they cite to more "reputable" sources for this story, and I have seen the web ad for the product, so I am pretty sure it's accurate.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women