Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > Coed Discussions - Mississippi
Coed Discussions - Mississippi Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47515
pyramider46370
bambino40311
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Katharine Butler
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3848
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Maybe MS can educate me on a definition, please?

A disclaimer, first. Then a story. Then a question.

I have a hard won 6 plus year reputation for being a professional at the top of my field who prides herself on giving incredible company in all possible ways, and have years of reviews that appear to be in agreement.\

I just visited with a gentleman, I suppose client would be a more accurate term. I am in one state, he is from yours and volunteered to drive an hour into the city to take me to dinner and have conversation. Lovely. He was 15 minutes late with no call to say he was going to be or other consideration. I greeted him with a smile and didn't mention it. Fast forward. Said client took every bit of 2.5 hours of a three hour date to finish his first....conversation. When he, 5 min after (impressive turn around time for Anyone) suggested we try for another conversation it occured to me I had no idea what time it now was. I glanced around the room to locate a clock, all the while conversating as requested quite pleasantly. He said "Oh, your a clockwatcher."

It was 5 minutes until our Scheduled end time. I just looked shocked that he would say such a thing and in such a tone. He then said "I Did get here 15 min late." His first acknowledgment of such. I just looked at him. I've never been treated like that by a client. He then said "It's OK I won't put it in the review." I finally mustered enough to say "It IS OK, I want all my reviews honest and I'm not ashamed to be a professional in All ways. I'm very proud of my reputation and Not a clockwatcher."

I then stated my opinion that I have many time periods of company available and youu are welcome to any. But, we Are shooting for the ballpark of the time you pick. ie 5 min over is not a problem. Much after 10 min and you are taking advantage of me, barring unusual and unforeseen circumstances.

Am I a clockwatcher? If it takes 2.5 hrs to have your first conversation is it reasonable for me to doubt that 5 minutes later and (even accounting for the additional 15 min due to unapologetic lateness) with 20 min left on the clock you are going to: have another complete conversation, let me pamper you, dress, insist on a smoke, And say goodbye??

Kat
I do know I wil not be seeing said client again and will be mentioning it to anyone who calls for a reference. Just in case They are a clockwatcher too.
Katharine Butler is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Woody Long
BANNED

Encounters: 3

Well, Kat, I thought it was really great! Really really great Up till the time issue.I cant believe you are making a big deal out of this. I am not a time oriented person, more spacial, but understand time is money. If you think I shorted you or misstreated you let me know,. Honestly I left on such bad karma, Short of a review, Kat is the best in NOLA through the weekend So where do I send the dozen roses?
Woody Long is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32

Why am I not surprised?

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Brer Rabbit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I'm with Kat on this one. Basic courtesies were breached on the front end before the appointed time. Making that call to explain being late and the reason is really important. That kind of oversight or indifference can really interfere with the fun later.

We guys would expect this. I have had many instances when things interfere with a date starting on time. I usually play on the road, so when this happens its's usually the provider that may be running late for an outcall visit to my location. When she makes that call and lets me know, this says a lot about who she is as a person and that she takes to heart my interest in the time we spend together.

Stuff happens, (not saying there wasn't a reason for being late) but courtesy and respect for the other person is important. Just one opinion . . .
Brer Rabbit is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Woody Long
BANNED

2 issues:

I called Kat at 6:04 to let her know I had parked and was heading over to her hotel. 4 min late. This was Friday rush hour in the French Quarter. I did not see the need to explain the obvious, and she seemed OK with it when I got their. It never came up in 3 hours of conversation.

The clock watching issue was a stupid comment I made. I apologize to Kat for saying it and would take it back if I could.

I don't understand why Kat had to post this in a public forum. It as if she was writing a review of me complete with ROS info. I don't mind, but WHY?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
lowgear
Valued Poster

K B ,in all the replies in this thread,neither you or woody said anything negative about each other,besides the remark he made about the clock.it could have been taken out of context,but when all said and done, i dont think he was trying to hurt your reputation or did not hurt it.if you had not started the thread we would have never know.why dont youll pm each other,and it will be water under the bridge.p.s just my 2 cents
lowgear is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Katharine Butler
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Woody and lowgear,
I didn't mention Woody by name and had no intention to. He volunteered his involvement.
604p plus a walk to the hotel and then to the room translates to 15 min late, not 4 minutes. I personally attempt to plan for rush hours in metro areas, and apologize when my lateness effects others. It's just good manners.
There is no "context" that excuses a deliberated derogatory term, which is what "clockwatcher" is in this industry. Nor is there any excuse to imply a threatened bad review. Now, that one Is my interpretation. But, given the stories I was entertained with at dinner I have to make that assumption.
I did not "out" anyone. I simply wanted a few opinions from others in MS on whether the scenario described was "clockwatching" so I could decide whether to plan my next tour exclusive of MS.
Kat
Old 04-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
lowgear
Valued Poster

This has absolutely nothing to do with mississippi,it has to deal with you venting.The threat of a negative review had to be bcd,because there is no threat in this thread.and no one said you outed him,woody replied to your post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
Katharine Butler
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Respectfully, lowgear, the client was from your community. Hence, I need to know if his definition is shared by many, or next to none. As I stated, whether the mention of both his definitionof that word and a review in the same sentence could be mere conversation or an implied threat. My opinion only. As stated.
After he saw the thread, in which he was and would have remained unnamed, he did both apologize via text and offer to compensate me if I would remove the thread. He also apologized here.
So. Via pm's and e mails and stated thread opinions I have a pretty good feel for how the general population defines the term and behavior of all parties involved. Question answered.
The mods can lock the thread if they like or the discussion can continue, whatever is preferred.
Kat
Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32

Miss Katharine,

I must tell you that the Individual (not Hobbyist) that you spent time with that sparked your question most definitely DOES NOT represent the majority of Hobbyists in Mississippi.

He is a relative new comer to the Hobby, and is still learning the "rules" of a polite society.

Based upon your presentation of the issues in your initial post, I would say that the Individual was incorrect to use the phrase "Clock Watcher".

Hopefully, this answers your original question.

Please do not judge the many guilty of the crime of one.

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
lowgear
Valued Poster

+1
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #12
Bigal103
Valued Poster

+2
Bigal103 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
Woody Long
BANNED

"Clock watching" is no longer in my vocab. I will never use the word again. I could only right a good review of you Kathrine, I am sorry you took this the wrong way.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
Brer Rabbit
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed1 View Post
Miss Katharine,

I must tell you that the Individual (not Hobbyist) that you spent time with that sparked your question most definitely DOES NOT represent the majority of Hobbyists in Mississippi.

He is a relative new comer to the Hobby, and is still learning the "rules" of a polite society.

Based upon your presentation of the issues in your initial post, I would say that the Individual was incorrect to use the phrase "Clock Watcher".

Hopefully, this answers your original question.

Please do not judge the many guilty of the crime of one.

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
+3
Brer Rabbit is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Katherine,

From another Mississippian, I would probably have been a few minutes early to see you or if I knew I would be late at all, I would have advised you of the fact that I could be 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic.

As for the clockwatcher, no I would not have made that comment. I try to be aware of the time I am spending and sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I might lose track, but feel it is appropriate for the lady to let me know if my time is up. That is common courtesy.

Did not meet you, but you have an excellant reputation from all I have seen and hope you do not let this stop you from returning to the Magnolia State. We really do have good manners as a rule and are gentlemen to the ladies. I do agree with the others that being a relatively new hobbyist, he just made an error in some of his actions and words.

Keep Mississippi on your map.

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women