Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #16
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

There are numerous forms of punishment. Only one involves a belt and I am NOT a fan of it.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

There are also numerous forms of entertainment, and several involve a belt.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #18
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

There are some wonderful books out there for parents to read on techniques that are much more effective for disciplining your kids that actually are constructive. It involves patience and repetition. Sooo many things a parent can do to discipline and teach constructively at the same time. Right up there with "The Nanny" episodes. If any of you have ever watched the English nanny who comes to parents homes who have out of control kids. Most of the time she finds it is the parents bad habits and lack of patience that lead to the bad behavior of a child.

Anyway, with that said looks like most of us are in agreement that this is criminal but I think this Judge won't be doing in time for the assault on his daughter.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

OK, Laz or COG, if it's so easy, answer the questions:

Is it OK to beat a 16 year old with a belt? If he'd just have beat her a little less, of been less foul mouthed when it did it, it would be OK? Or hit her a little less hard?

So how many licks with a belt is OK. 1? 5? 10? How do you draw the line? Does it make a difference what she did? Does it matter what he says? How far can he draw back when he gives her the number of licks you say is OK? How hard can they be? Does that make a difference? How to we measure the hardness? Does it have to break the skin? Or is a bruise enough? And what if she bruises easily?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
OK, Laz or COG, if it's so easy, answer the questions:

Is it OK to beat a 16 year old with a belt? If he'd just have beat her a little less, of been less foul mouthed when it did it, it would be OK? Or hit her a little less hard?

So how many licks with a belt is OK. 1? 5? 10? How do you draw the line? Does it make a difference what she did? Does it matter what he says? How far can he draw back when he gives her the number of licks you say is OK? How hard can they be? Does that make a difference? How to we measure the hardness? Does it have to break the skin? Or is a bruise enough? And what if she bruises easily?
Why are you hung up on the belief that I believe assaulting a 16 year old girl in that manner is acceptable. I cannot think of a scenario where I would resort to that kind of action. I have two sons and never used a belt on them like that. I don't recall using a belt on them for any reason. His using the excuse of losing his temper is unacceptable. A parent should never punish in anger.

Please quit trying to say I believe things I don't. My position is clear and I do not need you to revise it.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #21
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

So any beating with a belt should be prohibited? By the State? Criminal conduct, or just take their kid away?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #22
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
So any beating with a belt should be prohibited? By the State? Criminal conduct, or just take their kid away?
Well I personally think that it should be. I believe that you only teach your child violence, and the wrong way to handle things. It clearly sends the wrong message not to mention what it does to a childs emotional stability in the long run. Our mothers and fathers and their mothers and fathers may have resorted to this years ago, but that still doesn't make it right. Time for people to stop living in the back woods dark ages thinking it is ok. I most certainly think it is even more heinous what this Judge did since his daughter has Atex Cerebral Palsy. Parents need to take parenting classes in this country. If your gonna have children then they ought to demand that some minimal amount of training for child rearing be involved imho. We are after all shaping the lives of those who will become adults in this country and some day some of them may be running it.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #23
Marshall
BANNED

Granny Pleasures said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1811777
Well I personally think that it should be. I believe that you only teach your child violence, and the wrong way to handle things. It clearly sends the wrong message not to mention what it does to a childs emotional stability in the long run.

Well, apparently bad parenting creates bad people. This girl posts the video 7 years after the fact because daddy took her BMW and allowance away. It was payback on dad, who held a respected position in the community. 7 years after the fact....water under the bridge....let it go and move on.....scummy dad, scummy daughter......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #24
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Granny Pleasures said:

Well, apparently bad parenting creates bad people. This girl posts the video 7 years after the fact because daddy took her BMW and allowance away. It was payback on dad, who held a respected position in the community. 7 years after the fact....water under the bridge....let it go and move on.....scummy dad, scummy daughter......
LOL Marshall, you must be a youngin in your 20's to think 47 is a grand old age. However, not a granny yet.. hope to be one day soon. I have successfully raised 2 children one in college getting a masters in Geology and a son who is in Naval Intelligence. So I think my opinions on child rearing kinda trump yours..lol

I learned what not to do from parents who were pretty abusive such as this judge in the news right now. I saw the damage it did to my sister, who died recently from psychological problems related to what was done to her when she was younger. I have a brother one year younger than me who is disabled (clinically classified retarded) who struggles to this day with the harm inflicted on him from such abuse. We all had to carry that over into our adult lives. Fortunately for me I was able to afford counseling and did take the time when I was married to learn how to raise children and understand the child development phases. I learned what worked most effectively with regards to discipline and what best motivates children to behave.

I do feel very passionately about this subject. Having been the recipient of that and worse growing up as a child.

There is that old saying "You can hammer nails into wood and then take the nails out of that wood, but the holes will still be there" Same thing with what we say and what we do toward our children. Same affect.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #25
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Mom of the year.

Btw...I like your showcase.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Mom of the year.

Btw...I like your showcase.

Your sweet hun! Well at least you know who I am..lol God been too many years since we last met! One thing is for certain I am one of the few who is honest about my age. Haven't really changed much all these years since you and I last met except I am not the skinny minny I once was. I actually have boobs and a butt now...haha

It's all good!

xoxo
GP

Edit: Some of us old granny's in this little world of ours do some things right, and my kids are the one thing I really did right on in my life!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #27
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Granny Pleasures said:

"Hillary Adams said she waited so long to expose her father because she was terrified at what might have happened had she done so while still living under his roof. She said the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the clip is tempered by the sadness that it's her father repeatedly lashing her with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

By the way that is the fathers story and what he says.. but irregardless the video pretty much tells me what she had to live with and I am sure her fear was real.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45162497.../#.TrQEnbIrpwQ
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
anaximander
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default it takes what it takes

Discipline is not an easy value to instill
these days with all the candy-ass pacifist
types bent on weakening our citizens.

I've raised 4 chillin and it was rare that
any one approach to discipline would