Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #16
Buonas
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
... "Will I still get quality care & what will the immediate impact be on my checkbook?"...
Quality care? are you kidding me?

they have to take the employers OUT of the health care equation do get any improvement.
then they have to restrict the insurances from some things they can do and thus hijack the entire process.

both things are not in the current proposed reform.

conclusion: no real reform, just another cash register receipt for chapter 11.
Buonas is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Whether it costs an individual more or less than the current system will depend on quite a few factors, including their age, their state of health, whether they are in an individual or a group plan, the quality of their current plan, and most importantly, their income. Without knowing that, there is no way to answer that question. So the original question is impossible to answer because there isn't enough information given.

As for employers dropping coverage, I don't think that will happen. The Senate plan on which the compromise is to be based will tax employers of a certain size who don't cover their employees. The amount of that tax is supposed to be punitive so that there is an incentive for them to maintain that coverage. If employers drop coverage in large numbers, then it is a simple matter to adjust the size of the tax upwards until they pick it up again in similar numbers.

I am an employer who pays 100% of the health care premium for my employees, with a low deductible, and I have no plans to drop my coverage for my employees.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #18
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

If you love the Post Office and the Public School system, you will love public healthcare.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post

I am an employer who pays 100% of the health care premium for my employees, with a low deductible, and I have no plans to drop my coverage for my employees.
& you employ how many people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
If you love the Post Office and the Public School system, you will love public healthcare.
actually I'll take the post office
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Quote:
actually I'll take the post office
And as far as public school is concerned, state universities seem to do OK. Why are they so much better than local public schools?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
And as far as public school is concerned, state universities seem to do OK. Why are they so much better than local public schools?
a) Define good

b) College education isn't free. There are private competitors. Etc.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
pjorourke
Valued Poster

BTW, where the hell is that damn "beating dead horse" smiley?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #23
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Including dependent coverage? If so, boy are you dumb. You just picked up the cost of coverage for all your employees spouses. Their employers are very thankful.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
BTW, where the hell is that damn "beating dead horse" smiley?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #25
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
I think this guy's thoughts are pretty typical: "Will I still get quality care & what will the immediate impact be on my checkbook?"

I have to assume the $5k is out of pocket & doesn't include his employer's contribution to his health care. If not, I'd like to meet him. In fact Congress should meet him.
There was article in yesterday's weekend edition of WSJ, "You Get the Same Coverage as Your Senator? Yes & No." which reads in part....

"The majority of Americans, those who receive health insurance from employers, are expected to remain on those plans if the overhaul bill passes. Their insurance choices wouldn't change much."

If that's accurate... and you're one of them... the change in your total health care cost (defined as your premium + any adjustment in your other tax rates) is most likely to be driven by how much your other tax rates change to pay for all - or certain aspects of the program. There is a redistributive income effect to the total plan as the article points out,

"Uninsured people would get subsidies to help them buy coverage, and for lower-income people, the subsidies would be considerable. A family of four earning $29,000 a year would have their premiums capped at a level equal to $72.50 a month. The subsidies would get smaller on a sliding scale. A family of four earning $88,000 would pay premiums as high as $697 a month."

But, it's difficult to tell how much of it is born by higher-income folks IN the exchange & how much is born by us all.

Granted, I've seen/heard numbers that are all over the map but this seems like a rather straight-forward explanation (if accurate) that one could use to begin to figure out just how much the plan impacts them directly, pro or con. Look at the rate of change between those two income/HC-premiums & see where you fit on the scale should you wind up in the exchange.

Not the be all & end all of the math as the piece goes on to say,

"People with subsidies would be directed toward a plan that covers on average 70% of their health costs. By comparison, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan that most federal workers choose pays an average of 87% of their health costs."

Here' a link to the complete article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...373585266.html
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #26
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
& you employ how many people?
About a dozen or so. It varies by two or three depending on comings and goings.

Quote:
Including dependent coverage? If so, boy are you dumb. You just picked up the cost of coverage for all your employees spouses. Their employers are very thankful.
Kids, yes, absolutely. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror, or my employees in the face is I didn't.

Spouses, no, not directly. Almost everyone who is married has a spouse that works. One employee doesn't, so I raised his salary enough so he could cover her. Otherwise, it was duplicative as you point out because the other three or four spouses worked.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #27
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Kids, yes, absolutely. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror, or my employees in the face is I didn't.

Spouses, no, not directly. Almost everyone who is married has a spouse that works. One employee doesn't, so I raised his salary enough so he could cover her. Otherwise, it was duplicative as you point out because the other three or four spouses worked.
Interesting? So, are you discriminating against singles? In other words, two people in the same position...one married with children...one single. You are obviously spending more in compensation to the married than the single.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #28
John Bull
Valued Poster

Don't know why you would be assessed points. You stuck to the thread and were courteous. That's all we ask.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #29
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
And anyone who thinks a "non-profit" health care system would produce the medical innovations
Half of the new drugs developed every year are developed by the NIH. The problem is that under the Bayh-Dole act, the NIH (and every other taxpayer funded reasearch institution) is allowed to grant the patent rights from the fruits of publicly funded research to a private company. The question about health care is not between public vs. private, but a question of how publicly funded health care woud be implemented.

We ALREADY have a type of publicly funded health care. Employers who provide health care get to write off part of that expense, so that people with NO health care are subsidizing those whose employers provide health care.
npita is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by npita View Post
We ALREADY have a type of publicly funded health care. Employers who provide health care get to write off part of that expense, so that people with NO health care are subsidizing those whose employers provide health care.
Well of course the employer gets to write off the expense. That's because it is an expense to the employer...just like COGS, and salaries, and any other expense.

The question is not whether the employer should get to write off the expense...that is just a wordsmith game to make it sound like the employer is getting some kind of tax break. It is an expense of the employer and the employer is paying it for business purposes.

The question is should the employee be required to report it as income and pay tax on the income? That has a complete different ring to it, and trying to get that sold to the population means one has to have some strength in his convictions.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women