Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 07-09-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Lucky LaRue
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default Hobbying May Be Hazardous

I had an incident lately and this is not the first time. I live at least 50 minutes from the city and have to commute to play. A few days ago I take a trip to the big city to meet with a lovely provider. (reviewed on eccie). When all of our enjoyment had concluded I decided to have lunch at my favorite restaurant. My vehicle quit. Luckily I was right in front of a repair shop. The owner took a look and tried something but it did not work. He told me it would be a day later before he would have it repaired. I told him that the truck and I have to be in the driveway by 10 PM. I will have it towed there. He turned to his buddy and said get a fuel pump from the parts store and we can do this. I was very appreciative and made it home with plenty of time to spare. Has anyone else broke while not being where they are supposed to be? What are your plans for such a contingency? Just thinkin
Lucky LaRue is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

That was a expensive date,,,girls fee,lunch and fuel pump plus cost of install. Nope never had any car problems. Since you stated it happen before, maybe it's time for a new ride or pay the extra fee for a outcall.
Worldtravler is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Lucky LaRue
Valued Poster

Lol. That's funny. It happend on a brand new Harley as well. Bad battery. Thanks for your input. Lol Outcall in a hick town? Hmmm
Old 07-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Guest040816-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I have been concerned about this, but it has never happened. I have a AAA membership which could start to cover the cost of a tow and would not hesitate to use it to get said vehicle back to a more conducive location and I would not let slip where I was. Not sure that it would all work out but this hobby has some risks.

On another front, we had a situation here locally where a motel was the scene of a fugitive from justice barricading himself in a room. No one was allowed to come and go for several hours. My first thought was "what if I was there just finishing a meet when the place was shutdown? Could I explain my absence for the next 4 hours until the whole thing was cleared up?"
Guest040816-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sailing View Post
I have been concerned about this, but it has never happened. I have a AAA membership which could start to cover the cost of a tow and would not hesitate to use it to get said vehicle back to a more conducive location and I would not let slip where I was. Not sure that it would all work out but this hobby has some risks.

On another front, we had a situation here locally where a motel was the scene of a fugitive from justice barricading himself in a room. No one was allowed to come and go for several hours. My first thought was "what if I was there just finishing a meet when the place was shutdown? Could I explain my absence for the next 4 hours until the whole thing was cleared up?"
Wondering if the provider would have charge you the extra four hours if you were stuck there.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
SA Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 243824
My ECCIE Reviews

I outcall and do this in my free time....I am always deathly afraid one of my tires will go while I'm driving all over town. I can change a tire no problem. It's being alone on the side of the road in the dark that freaks me out. I do have roadside assistance but I would feel like such a sissy for not changing my own flat.
SA Angel is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #7
Worldtravler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAangel27 View Post
I outcall and do this in my free time....I am always deathly afraid one of my tires will go while I'm driving all over town. I can change a tire no problem. It's being alone on the side of the road in the dark that freaks me out. I do have roadside assistance but I would feel like such a sissy for not changing my own flat.
Now would be a good time with the summer heat to check your air pressure, it should be around 40psi. Under inflated tires is what causes most blow outs. Just to be on the safe side wouldn't hurt to carry a can of fix a flat in case you just get a flat.

No need to feel like a sissy if you have to call for assistance, better safe than sorry.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtravler View Post
Now would be a good time with the summer heat to check your air pressure, it should be around 40psi. Under inflated tires is what causes most blow outs. Just to be on the safe side wouldn't hurt to carry a can of fix a flat in case you just get a flat.

No need to feel like a sissy if you have to call for assistance, better safe than sorry.
Good to have the tires inflated, bur fix a flat is bad stuff. Especially in the heat. Maybe it isn't a bad idea in a pinch, but it only saves you a few minutes and it ruins the tire.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtravler View Post

40psi? Really?
Overinflated tires are just as bad as underinflated. I've had mechanics swear it should be 28psi. No two vehicles or tire brands are the same. To properly inflate your tires, check your vehicles manual, or better yet, check what it says on the side of the tire.
Anything else is dangerous.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #10
Brot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Not as hazardous if you aren't sneaking around, lying to people.
Brot is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #11
Lucky LaRue
Valued Poster

The Moral Majority has spoken.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brot View Post
Not as hazardous if you aren't sneaking around, lying to people.
That seems an odd post by someone with 19 reviews under what I assume is not your actual name. Don't you consider that sneaking around and deceptive? Otherwise why not post under your actual name? (My apologies if you really are Mr Brot.)
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
James1588
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
40psi? Really?
Overinflated tires are just as bad as underinflated. I've had mechanics swear it should be 28psi. No two vehicles or tire brands are the same. To properly inflate your tires, check your vehicles manual, or better yet, check what it says on the side of the tire.
Anything else is dangerous.
Sorry, I know this isn't supposed to be an automotive thread, but ... there's a little decal, usually right behind the driver's door, that gives the recommended tire pressures, front and rear. The tire sidewall gives a maximum pressure. But the correct pressure is a function of the vehicle, not the tire. Inflate accordingly, if you want the vehicle to handle as intended. Note also that the specified pressure is with the tire cold. Inconvenient, since you've always just driven to where you're adjusting the tire pressure, and the tire is warm, and the gas laws dictate that, at constant volume, the pressure's proportional to the absolute temperature. I usually add 2 or 3 psi to compensate for that. Not good practice, but unless you feel like waiting an hour for the tire to return to ambient temperature, what else are you going to do?
James1588 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #14
Lucky LaRue
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1588 View Post
Sorry, I know this isn't supposed to be an automotive thread, but ... there's a little decal, usually right behind the driver's door, that gives the recommended tire pressures, front and rear. The tire sidewall gives a maximum pressure. But the correct pressure is a function of the vehicle, not the tire. Inflate accordingly, if you want the vehicle to handle as intended. Note also that the specified pressure is with the tire cold. Inconvenient, since you've always just driven to where you're adjusting the tire pressure, and the tire is warm, and the gas laws dictate that, at constant volume, the pressure's proportional to the absolute temperature. I usually add 2 or 3 psi to compensate for that. Not good practice, but unless you feel like waiting an hour for the tire to return to ambient temperature, what else are you going to do?
Not at all. That's what this thread is about. We all need to be mindful of various things to keep us safe and out of scrutiny when traveling to our appointment destinations. Great advice.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

yea shit happens at worst times....so that is why I LUV AAA

glad it all worked out for ya babe!
DallasRain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women