Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59840
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #31
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
Of course I leave from time to time. I've gotta life don't I?

Now for your insane claim that Austin is easy to get around in. Which Austin are you referring to? It can't be Austin, Texas, because it's the worst city to get around in anywhere in Texas and it takes an hour or so to just to travel three or four miles. Try going to the Airport. There's no limited access highways like any other city here of a million people has. In Houston or San Antonio you can get from one side of town to the other in ten minutes or less! Just take the freeways. Not here.

I'm glad you like Austin but what great restaurants are you referring to here? 90% of what's in Austin are either hamburgers, pizza or tacos! Any larger city in Texas has much more variety and quality than slacker city. And some of the restaurants in other cities require patrons to actually wear shoes! Such places would never go over in flip flop/beachwear land of Austin.
It is difficult to drive into or out of Austin at rush hour. Other than that, driving around town is very quick. If you are in central Austin, everything you want or need is within 5-10 minutes drive. I can drive the 22 or so miles to the ABIA in about 40 minutes. And when 183 construction is complete it will be about 25 minutes. I have been stuck on I-610 in Houston almost every time I've been on it, regardless of time of day. I have been stuck in Dallas traffic for hours. 10 minutes or less from one side of town to the other. Bullshit!

Restaurants in Austin? We have the normal steak houses like Perry's, Bob's, Flemings, Sullivans, Fogo de Chao, Ruth's Chris, etc. But Austin is also home to some of the best culinary hot spots in the country with some the most renowned chefs. Remember that the population of Austin is about 950k. Houston is 2.3 million. SA 1.5 million. Dallas 1.3 million. My guess is that Austin has more highly rated restaurants per capita than any other city in Texas.

https://apps.statesman.com/austin360...urants-austin/
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:33 PM   #32
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
It is difficult to drive into or out of Austin at rush hour. Other than that, driving around town is very quick. If you are in central Austin, everything you want or need is within 5-10 minutes drive. I can drive the 22 or so miles to the ABIA in about 40 minutes. And when 183 construction is complete it will be about 25 minutes. I have been stuck on I-610 in Houston almost every time I've been on it, regardless of time of day. I have been stuck in Dallas traffic for hours. 10 minutes or less from one side of town to the other. Bullshit!

Restaurants in Austin? We have the normal steak houses like Perry's, Bob's, Flemings, Sullivans, Fogo de Chao, Ruth's Chris, etc. But Austin is also home to some of the best culinary hot spots in the country with some the most renowned chefs. Remember that the population of Austin is about 950k. Houston is 2.3 million. SA 1.5 million. Dallas 1.3 million. My guess is that Austin has more highly rated restaurants per capita than any other city in Texas.

https://apps.statesman.com/austin360...urants-austin/
The steak houses you list are chains which are everywhere. There are no famous chefs in Austin or there would be famous or well renown places to eat WHICH THERE ARE NOT. Please make a list of exceptional restaurants in Austin. Please. They just are not here. The reason is that most people here are trendies and techies who never grew up, do not wear adult clothes, read adult books, and just eat college food like hamburgers, pizza and tacos. They ride bicycles. The get tattoos. They are glued to their iphones. They wouldn't know good food if it hit them in the face.

As for your comments about the traffic I beg to differ. I-35 is unmanageable for all hours, not just commuter hours. There are NO east-west freeways...NONE. Loop 360 is not a loop but just a road with intersections and lights. So is 183 east of I-35. Austin is the ONLY city in Texas with no limited access Loop, and no east-west freeways. It sounds to me like you just don't really need to go anywhere, because if you did you would understand all this.

I also suspect that you are a member of the cycling mafia in Austin which has taken away half of the lanes on our streets and cost the city 600 million dollar so far building bike lanes. I love riding too, but I do so on country roads away from the traffic of cities. Cycling to work and such is a stupid idea because when it rains, snows, or is too hot and sunny it is not workable. Cycling in dangerous in cities and every year someone is killed doing it. And if you look on the Austin Cycling website you'll see that the APD actually arrests people for not wearing helmets and for riding on sidewalks. I know people who have been given citations for not stopping at stop signs and running red lights on bikes. It's insane. This town is nuts.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:20 AM   #33
BADBOYFU
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepika View Post
Do you like Indian curry?

Is there big Indian community in Austin?

I am originally from India. Dallas is where I go to school for my grad studies. I was thinking of visiting Austin.
I would love to see you for an hour if you visit by june 29.
BADBOYFU is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #34
hellokittys
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

was not hungry for curry before reading this thread.
hellokittys is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:47 AM   #35
ttt321
Registered Member

hi im indian too..
how much ..
ttt321 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #36
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
A nest of communists no doubt. Tryin' to destroy the working man and drive him to revolt with all those illegals!
Really? Nest of communism?

I suggest you continue your apparent life quest to seek art! Elsewhere.

I’m sure there’s room for another believer in Mississippi.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #37
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Janis passed through Austin but found success in San Francisco. She was from Port Arthur. I should have listed her.

Stevie Ray was from some other small town and grew up in a mobile home. I can't remember from where but he too only passed through Austin like Willie and others.

I respect Lucinda Williams, Robert Earl Keen, and that group as good musicians but they are by no means of the calibre of others from everywhere else whose talent made them household names across the country. Christopher Cross and Nora Jones each won four grammies, and George Strait is a superstar. Erika Badu and Beyonce are stars. Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly were straight up geniuses. No one will ever top those two for pure musical genius except for maybe Leone Russell or the Beatles.

There's just something about the slacker environment in Austin that makes it too easy to just lay back and find a comfort zone so no body here has the burning desire or talent to excel in anything.

The only talented person from Austin is director/writer Robert Benton. And few people even know who he is. He's made a lot of good films. But that has nothing to do with the "live music capitol of the world!"

btw "capitol" is the word for a capitol city, and "capital" is the word for money.

But the Loop 360 is mis-spelled as the "Capital of Texas Highway" LOL
Capital of Texas is correct. “Capitol” is the word for the edifice. I’m sure you looked it up already, LOL!

You can always go to City Hall and protest it, but might face deportation.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #38
monica austin1
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 454518
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes curry everything !
The whipp is awesome and so is Clay Pot ...

Apka kana Bahut acha hei !
monica austin1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women