Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 03-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Airline question ...

Trying to find a cheap plane ticket to Pittsburgh (April/May) and from Dallas, it seems like an expensive flight to and fro.

Are there certain airlines that fly to Pittsburgh more frequently?

Thanks for the help,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
tannana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Trying to find a cheap plane ticket to Pittsburgh (April/May) and from Dallas, it seems like an expensive flight to and fro.

Are there certain airlines that fly to Pittsburgh more frequently?

Thanks for the help,
Elisabeth
So, without knowing your definition of expensive or timeframe (and by this, I mean days of the week) it's difficult to say. If you want to fly nonstop, your choices are American, Southwest from Love, and Spirit. Spirit has flights which are as low as $100 roundtrip (which is really $200 because you'll want a carry-on and a checked bag, presumably). And you might not actually get to either PIT or back to the Metroplex. In general, fares from Dallas and Houston to PIT are expensive these days because the guys flying up here to the gas patch are completely price insensitive. I travel to Houston a lot for work, and the price of that has gone up 4x since the gas boom started. I estimate 2x for dallas.
tannana is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
weenus
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

southwest is your best bet
weenus is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
SD78
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Fly into Latrobe and drive to the city.
SD78 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannana View Post
So, without knowing your definition of expensive or timeframe (and by this, I mean days of the week) it's difficult to say. If you want to fly nonstop, your choices are American, Southwest from Love, and Spirit. Spirit has flights which are as low as $100 roundtrip (which is really $200 because you'll want a carry-on and a checked bag, presumably). And you might not actually get to either PIT or back to the Metroplex. In general, fares from Dallas and Houston to PIT are expensive these days because the guys flying up here to the gas patch are completely price insensitive. I travel to Houston a lot for work, and the price of that has gone up 4x since the gas boom started. I estimate 2x for dallas.
Usually, I fly during the week.

I'm a Southwest gal. Love Southwest.

However, the flights are weird going to Pittsburgh. There is one cheap, non-stop, daily flight to P that arrives at around 11:30 PM. Otherwise, all of them either have a plane change or a long wait after a stop.

Plus, even with the pain of few non-stop flights, the other rates are upwards of $300-500 one way.

So I was asking.

Guess I'm a tad spoiled. With little bother or advanced planning, I can get to Baltimore, or other northern states, for easily around $200 (and sometimes less) round trip. I don't mind spending $300 for a round trip ticket.

Just seems overly expensive to get to Pittsburgh.

And I'm not interested in flying Spirit. Don't think that I'm brave enough to try that for a working trip.

Guess that I could check Delta and a few others. When checking American, the flights were over that of Southwest.

Thank you so much for the assistance!!!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 03-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD78 View Post
Fly into Latrobe and drive to the city.
Had not considered Latrobe. Never heard of the place.

About to check that out now.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
tannana
Valued Poster

LOL--I know folks who live in Chicago and Houston who are spoiled by having a huge Southwest presence, exactly due to what you just said (they never, EVER, pay more than $200 to go anywhere). We don't have that luxury up here. And we haven't had the nonstop to Love for all that long.... Midweek (no saturday stayover) rountrips are expensive to TX from here..... Good luck!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
LOL--I know folks who live in Chicago and Houston who are spoiled by having a huge Southwest presence, exactly due to what you just said (they never, EVER, pay more than $200 to go anywhere). We don't have that luxury up here. And we haven't had the nonstop to Love for all that long.... Midweek (no saturday stayover) rountrips are expensive to TX from here..... Good luck!
Thanks. You seem like a sweetheart and I so appreciate the input!!!

Yes. I've gotten used to finding $49, one-way, flights off of Southwest and the occasional $89, one-way, rate to Chicago from here.

Shame on me!!! We are spoiled!!!

Before responding to your thoughts presented, I actually went back and rechecked rates. Not sure why I thought that they would have changed from when starting the topic.

Several flights, if not most of them, were upwards of $500+ one way from Dallas which also included plane changes and long lay-overs. Simply do NOT wish to be on an all day flight, or even a 6 plus hour flight, to get from Point A to B.

Prefer to just have a non-stop flight or at the very least, one in which there is no plane change.

I just find it really odd that Pittsburgh seems rather unique with regard to flights arriving from Dallas.

There are similar issues with flights to Idaho but heck, it's Idaho. lol

Thanks again,
Elisabeth
Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #9
Submissive Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 346938
My ECCIE Reviews

I fly United from Okc to Pittsburgh.. I spend around 250$ if I book in advance and $400 if I book the day before i leave.. The route is usually fly from Okc to Dc, and then to Pittsburgh..

$250-400 round trip is not bad for Oklahoma.. I have been able to book for $178 round trip with some super planning!!

I usually do not have long layovers, unless I volunteer to get bumped.. which I have done a couple times..
Submissive Angel is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #10
Looker151
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Latrobe is located approx. 45 mi east of Pitts., major highway(Rt. 30) to the burgh, lots of traffic lights. Seems more and more people who fly, prefer to fly out of Latrobe. This may or may not work for ya, check it out.
Looker151 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
PhilLanders
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Spirit Airlines flies into Akron/Canton/Youngstown (about an hour's drive) or Latrobe,PA (about 45 minutes drive). Substantial savings are available if you fly on Spirit, but they hack you to death on extra charges---early boarding, reserved seat, checked baggage, snack, etc.
PhilLanders is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #12
the1999person
Valued Poster

I may be wrong but from what I've heard is PITT overcharges the airlines compared to similar airports across the country and that's why there's more limited and more costly flights. The airport was designed as a destination in itself, to basically be a shopping mall. It was a niche idea, with the "street pricing" available to entice people to shop and eat at Pittsburgh International Airport. Then when 9/11 happened the airside terminal was in lock-down to ticketed passengers only. I flew last summer out of PITT and it had that empty mall feel to it and there are actually two extensions of of the X terminal design that are closed off, drywalled over. You can peek through the cracks and see empty store fronts.
the1999person is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #13
tannana
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1999person View Post
I may be wrong but from what I've heard is PITT overcharges the airlines compared to similar airports across the country and that's why there's more limited and more costly flights.
You heard wrong.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #14
the1999person
Valued Poster

Quote:
You heard wrong.
http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201710200211
the1999person is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
tannana
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1999person View Post
So, the following airports have higher costs than Pittsburgh. Today: EWR JFK IAD MIA LGA SFO LAX PHL CLE SMF ORD and several others. Here's what happened: USAir said "build us this 2 billion dollar terminal in 1992." The county did. USAir declared bankruptcy and fucked the airport authority by abrogating its' gate leases in bankrupty. Then then dumped the hub. This drove up costs for everyone else (fewer passengers over the same fixed operating costs). These costs were (and are) still lower than a bunch of other hubs and big city airports. However, those places are profitable at higher costs because they are big city airports. You will note that most "midsize market" airline hub have been closed or re-trenched since 2001. CLE, PIT, CVG, MEM, the Delta hub at DFW, STL, SJU, MKE, CMH. The only remainders are MSP and DET and those are significantly smaller than the Delta hub at ATL. The airmall has zero to do with why PIT is expensive on a per passenger basis. It's the massive number of (now empty) gates and 4 real runways and enough airfield support crap to support a 500-flight a day hub which no longer exists.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women