Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47427
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #61
GiovaniDosSantos
BANNED

FUBAR!!!
GiovaniDosSantos is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #62
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Just what I thought ... not a damn thing.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #63
Barrymccockinner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwader View Post
this seems like the best proposal out there for gun control. pretty sure it would work, considering the strong venn relationship set dynamics we have in place currently:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/17/...rida-shooting/
This . . . could work.
Barrymccockinner is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #64
suiram77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaine View Post
Breaking news another shooting with many injuries and deaths in South Florida. Student/suspect in custody. It's a shame that even the kids can't be safe when they are in school.
And it will be another one in 2 months then the summer then back to school in September then another for the holidays. Same ole shit over and over and over and over again it want ever change this country call America loves money and power so to all that is optimistic lmao keep dreaming.
suiram77 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #65
latinbreeze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Celebrities have armed guards. Politicians have armed guards. Money in banks have armed guards. Aren't the kids more valuable than any of those. Hire armed veterans. Texas has a law that teachers can be licensed to carry with special police type training. The world isn't going to get less violent. Crazies go killing where they can get the maximum casualties - gun free zones. If someone is shooting at me or my kids, I want to be able to shoot back.
latinbreeze is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #66
rcinokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

Armed officer assigned to the school stayed outside as the shooting unfolded.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/fl...ing/index.html
rcinokc is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #67
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcinokc View Post
Armed officer assigned to the school stayed outside as the shooting unfolded.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/us/fl...ing/index.html
Saw that yesterday. I think (and kinda hope) that guy is going to have a hard time dealing with his cowardice.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:54 PM   #68
rcinokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

It's my understanding he's already retired. Pension and all. Almost as bad as doing nothing on the 14th.
rcinokc is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #69
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovaniDosSantos View Post
https://theintercept.com/2017/10/07/a-sick-country-filled-with-guns/

We live in a sick country. A country where it’s legal for someone to purchase 30 assault weapons and unlimited ammunition, weapons that really only have one purpose: to hunt and kill other human beings. A country where a cabal of high-powered lobbyists, bought-off politicians, and gun manufacturers profits off of massacres, where the meaning of the Second Amendment has been twisted so intensely that it no longer matters why it was written or what it was actually intended for.
The leaders of the National Rifle Association, who would be viewed as terrorist enablers and promoters in a sane society, they don’t like the first part of the Second Amendment — so much so that they don’t include it in their very public memorializing of their Holy Bible of gun addition.
The version of the Second Amendment displayed at the NRA’s headquarters doesn’t include the first half of the Second Amendment. The NRA only wants you to focus on the second half, which says, “… the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” The first part of the Second Amendment, which the NRA finds too inconvenient to include, states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State …”
Was the Las Vegas shooter a member of a well-regulated militia? No. Were any of the murderers who shot up schools or religious assemblies or workplaces members of a well-regulated militia? No. And regulated — that’s an interesting word, because no thoughtful person can really argue that guns in the United States are actually regulated in any meaningful way. In this country, you can buy dozens of assault weapons. You can store enough guns and ammunition in your garage to wage a small war. Why? Because the Second Amendment has been laundered through lobbyists, and some Supreme Court justices, to mean something it does not mean.
The coalition that fans the flames of fear and promotes the idea that guns keep us safe — that the solution to gun violence is more guns — makes a shitload of money off of all this death and misery. And they will make more money off of the Las Vegas massacre.
You can murder 20 innocent children between the ages of 6 and 7 at Sandy Hook Elementary School and these villains are unmoved in their belief in the golden calf of assault rifles. “If only the teachers had been armed, those kids might be alive today. Now let’s check out our stock prices.”
Each time we’re faced with a new mass murder with guns, in this case 58 killed and more than 500 wounded, we end up in the same place: “Let’s pray. Let’s tweak this or that law. Let’s talk about using acoustic sensors to detect gunshots. Let’s put armed private security in schools. Let’s use the terrorist watchlist to deny gun purchases. Let’s have more surveillance, more religious and racial profiling.” Which is absurd, given that most mass shooters are white.
None of what most politicians and TV pundits offer up in the aftermath of these killings is going to do anything to solve the real issue: We are a nation filled to the brim with guns, including assault weapons that are actually meant for assaulting people. Not for hunting. Not for sport, unless your sport is murder.
Watch what happens in Congress in the coming days. Empty platitudes. Bullshit proposals: “We must do something about this.” And, of course, a lot of prayer. But none of that is going to change to the fact that we live in a sick society that believes guns bring us security. A nation that has been taught by powerful, twisted people that guns aren’t part of the problem. That everything except guns — and how easy they are to get — is the problem. Mental illness is the problem. Muslims are the problem. Gangbangers in Chicago are the problem. Not having a gun is the problem. And when these mass shootings happen, most of the time, the shooter is a white man. We want to know who he was, why did it, what his motive was, as we should. But compare that to how black victims of police killings are treated in the media: “Well, did they do drugs? What were they wearing? Did they have a criminal record? Did they listen to hip hop? Where are the fathers?”
After he was killed by George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin was characterized as a thug, his hooded sweatshirt somehow evidence that he was scary or menacing. That’s how black victims are portrayed. After police shot Tamir Rice, the head of Miami’s police union called the 12-year-old a thug, saying that if you act like a thug, you’ll get treated like one.
Contrast that with some of the stories we’ve seen about the Las Vegas shooter — not victim — shooter! One headline (since changed) in the Washington Post said he “enjoyed gambling, country music, lived quiet life before massacre.” Black victim is a thug; white shooter is a character from a country western song who just happens to murder 58 people. It’s sick. And this is a pattern.
What if mass shootings carried out by white men were covered the same way that stories involving shooters of other races are covered on a daily basis in this country? White-on-white crime. Let’s investigate country music and its violent lyrics. Let’s find some white people brave enough to speak out on this pandemic of white men carrying out mass shootings at an alarming rate. And let’s make them speak for their entire race.
We all know why the narratives are different. And another thing: We’re hearing once again that this is the most deadly mass shooting in U.S. history. It’s just not true. There are several examples of white gunmen killing huge numbers of black people. The 1917 East St. Louis massacre resulted in an estimated 100 black people being shot and lynched; in 1873, between 60 and 150 black people were massacred in Colfax, Louisiana. We don’t even know the exact numbers of Native Americans killed in mass shootings since the founding of the United States: Hundreds were killed in places like Sand Creek, Clear Lake, and Wounded Knee.
Donald Trump, who boasts that he’ll be the best friend the NRA could possibly have in the White House, suddenly found God when he first addressed the Las Vegas shooting. Let’s be real: Trump’s deepest connection to the Bible is watching Charlton Heston as Moses. But religious Trump, who speaks from the Scriptures, was praised for his perfect tone across the media. Specifically, on CNN: “Just what we needed to hear.”
A big part of our problem on guns is how it’s discussed in the media. Presidents who get prayerful are praised instead of held accountable for the role they play in sustaining this nation’s gun addiction, in promoting the gun industry that profits off of murder. When the shooter is an Arab or a Muslim, they are often immediately branded as a suspected terrorist. After Las Vegas, the president and other politicians called this shooter “deranged” or “insane” or another word that’s lost all meaning — “evil.”
When it’s a Muslim shooter, it’s perfectly acceptable to talk about what the U.S. response should be: watchlisting, banning people from entering the country, surveillance of mosques. But when white people do the killing, don’t talk about guns. That’s politicizing the tragedy, disrespecting the victims. Whether it’s someone inspired by ISIS murdering his coworkers or a white man shooting up a school or a white man gunning down Sikhs because he thought they were Muslims, they all do it with guns.
We don’t need prayers. We don’t need fake unity over the tragedy. We need to look at the common factor in all of these heinous acts of mass murder: guns. Anything else is just putting a Band-Aid on a gaping, infected, and lethal wound on our society.

Well i'll be damn.....real talk
Read the SCOTUS opinion of DC v keller and pay attention to the explanation of the word "people" in the constitution.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #70
darkwader
darkwader

Encounters: 5

wonder what happens the next time a school with conceal and carry teachers gets shot up and they find out they arent battle hardened soldiers that can walk towards a shooter calmly and take him down. dock their pay? require teachers to pass sharpshooter 3 exam in addition to praxis core?

what a bunch of jokers.
darkwader is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #71
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinbreeze View Post
Celebrities have armed guards. Politicians have armed guards. Money in banks have armed guards. Aren't the kids more valuable than any of those. Hire armed veterans. Texas has a law that teachers can be licensed to carry with special police type training. The world isn't going to get less violent. Crazies go killing where they can get the maximum casualties - gun free zones. If someone is shooting at me or my kids, I want to be able to shoot back.
More cops in schools. Pure idiocy.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Educat...olice-officers

https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/15/p...g-cops-schools
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:10 AM   #72
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

It's a frustrating problem, no doubt.

It's a broken system that's been passed along from one administration to the next with no resolve. To be sure, it's not going to be fixed overnight (nor) is there any one singular solution that is going to satisfy everyone who has a dog in the fight.

Parkland was a horrific event. It should never have happened and yet it did. I pray (yes...a whole lot more now) that something (finally) gets done this time.

President Trump (whether you like him or not) has a huge task ahead considering the challenges. Politics aside, I suggest everyone ask the Almighty *whomever that may be to you* to give him (and everyone else associated) who will be grappling with this titanic issue be given the wisdom to deal with it. Once and for all.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #73
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Prayer is not going to do one thing on this issue. Be my guest to waste your time praying but the baby tebow will not do anything.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #74
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Prayer is not going to do one thing on this issue. Be my guest to waste your time praying but the baby tebow will not do anything.
Of course, I'm sure whatever you're doing on your part is helping, pyramider...whatever that may be.

I simply believe it's incumbent upon one and all to do what they can...and what they believe in...to play a part in affecting change in the issues that plague society. All I'm saying is the mindless, unnecessary loss of young lives is something that weighs heavily on a lot of peoples' hearts and minds today. It certainly weighs on mine (especially) since I still have kids in school.

So...if you do not believe in a Supreme Being that again is your choice. Mocking me won't change my mind one iota....and I hope others either. If prayer has a chance of being effective, its the very least I can do.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #75
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Light a candle while you pray, the baby tebow enjoys the soot.

Since you still have kids in school teach them how and what to do, age appropriate, during a crisis.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women