Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47508
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 AM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
My understanding is that state departments of public safety typically own a number of armored personnel carriers and various weapons systems not typically utilized by local police departments..

My only point, essentially, is that quite a bit of hardware has been purchased by police departments of smaller towns and suburbs, some of which have fairly low historical crime rates.

Although cities may get some surplus stuff cheaply, I doubt that most of it's likely to be inexpensive to maintain and operate year after year.
Most is "loaned" on a "subject to recall" basis with a prohibition against selling or otherwise transferring from the agency .... several governmental agencies participate in the "lending" program ... when post-911 activities ramped up AR-15s were "pulled back" for instance .... NASA has robotics "on the shelf" as "experimental prototypes" that are "loaned out" to special teams ..... and there are multi-agency task forces .. who share ... and spread the "upkeep" costs among the agencies involved by "allowing" their partners to "keep" the equipment ... since 911 there has been an effort to "share" more among smaller agencies and to participate in collective efforts ... even train together and meet regularly.

The bottom line is .. they have to give it back if requested .. and some are just bought:

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #18
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Most is "loaned" on a "subject to recall" basis with a prohibition against selling or otherwise transferring from the agency .... several governmental agencies participate in the "lending" program ... when post-911 activities ramped up AR-15s were "pulled back" for instance .... NASA has robotics "on the shelf" as "experimental prototypes" that are "loaned out" to special teams ..... and there are multi-agency task forces .. who share ... and spread the "upkeep" costs among the agencies involved by "allowing" their partners to "keep" the equipment ... since 911 there has been an effort to "share" more among smaller agencies and to participate in collective efforts ... even train together and meet regularly.

The bottom line is .. they have to give it back if requested .. and some are just bought:

HA! Is that the Clarksville border patrol, LLIdiot?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #19
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I think the problem is that if you give a police department an armored vehicle then they want to use it for PR purposes. The tactical unit will create a strategy around that vehicle and they will start rolling out the armored personnel carrier at the drop of the proverbial hat. Taking to the logical conclusion would be to replace all police cruisers with some kind of armored Humvee. Imagine the US with armored vehicles roaming the streets on patrol. Arming them would follow.

IB had the picture. A privately built, civilian command post that could be lightly armored is a much better idea. It is a command post and not an enforcement vehicle.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
HA! Is that the Clarksville border patrol, LLIdiot?
Still can't read maps! Geeezzzzz. Now you have Clarksville all the way to Mexico.

When will you quit?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

When the <censored subject> runs out.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 AM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
When the <censored subject> runs out.
Is that a "pre-existing condition"?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #23
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You forgot to mention some US president trying to buy prestige from our enemies.
You're right. I forgot the Ronnie and Ollie Show.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #24
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Strange how quickly this thread died. JDB was all hot to beat a president's ass but seemed to lose interest real fast. Why would that be?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
You're right. I forgot the Ronnie and Ollie Show.
Thatcher "had their back" and took care of it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women